ADVERTISEMENT

EAGLES....5 Years, 42 mil for DM...21 mil guaranteed!

Is this true? I wonder if those numbers were a result of over reaction from the Eagles offices to the huge criticism on Philadelphia radio over the moves so far.

What really matters is the difference in what they were supposed to pay

pay McCoy this year vs. what they will pay Murray.

You're kidding, right?

Yeah the Eagles are going to start making football decisions because of what is said in Philly radio stations. OK, let's hear what Omar from Upper Darby thinks of that deal!

This post was edited on 3/12 2:32 PM by Nitwit

So it's essentially $7 million per for 3 years...

That's not a bad outlay for a guy who should be a better back in Philly's offense. Murray will certainly make one cut and go more often than McCoy.

Re: So it's essentially $7 million per for 3 years...

If he can stay on the field.

Well don't forget that McCoy still costs the Eagles $3.4 million against the cap this season.

As a Cowboys fan I'm giddy that Dallas didn't sign Murray to a long term deal. He had a great statistical season (although the fumbles were bad and the one against Green Bay likely cost them the game), but it was a one year wonder. He breaks a lot of tackles and that is normally thing that does so much damage when you hit 400 carries. I was always frustrated with his inability to run to daylight. It's like he looks for contact instead of extra yards.

It's plays like this that show the good and the bad.

Positives: great ability to break tackles and not give up

Negatives: running free down the sideline with Dez blocking and slows down to cut into a tackler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBYpAG_i-oQ[/URL]

One last note - his RB coach with Dallas from 2013 on was Gary Brown.

This post was edited on 3/12 8:25 PM by Lane

Statistics show that a back that had the number of touches Murray had in 2014 begins to fall off steadily. I also wonder how long the cumbuya feeling will continue that "we're all one big running back committee and I don't care how much I get the ball." Going to be much less action for Demarco in 2015.
Also, Demarco was used to running behind one of the best lines in the NFL last year. Will he have the holes he did in Dallas ? Absolutely not.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT