ADVERTISEMENT

Duzz has the Panthers ranked in the top 25

I expect Pitt to win the ACC and be in a NY6 match-up unless Pickett goes down. They are clearly the class of a very mediocre ACC this year. It will be interesting, if PSU can make it to 10-2 to get a NY6 birth could we be matched against the Panthers?

I expect Pitt to win the ACC and be in a NY6 match-up unless Pickett goes down. They are clearly the class of a very mediocre ACC this year. It will be interesting, if PSU can make it to 10-2 to get a NY6 birth could we be matched against the Panthers?
So the best ACC team isn’t as good as the best MAC team. Says a lot for the ACC.

Reactions: bison13
So the best ACC team isn’t as good as the best MAC team. Says a lot for the ACC.
The ACC is very weak this year. Clemson is a shadow of its former self and the two other teams ranked are not in Pitt's division. With a sixth year QB running the show Pitt has the chance to win out. That doesn't mean much given the competition but it does get them to a big time bowl game whether it is deserved or not.

The ACC is very weak this year. Clemson is a shadow of its former self and the two other teams ranked are not in Pitt's division. With a sixth year QB running the show Pitt has the chance to win out. That doesn't mean much given the competition but it does get them to a big time bowl game whether it is deserved or not.
They play the schedule in front of them. Is the ACC weak? No idea. Do they have traditional football schools, FSU and Miami that are not very good Yes. Is the league balanced yep. If Pitt wins out why does PSU care. There is no rivalry anymore.

They play the schedule in front of them. Is the ACC weak? No idea. Do they have traditional football schools, FSU and Miami that are not very good Yes. Is the league balanced yep. If Pitt wins out why does PSU care. There is no rivalry anymore.
I don't care. Just making a comment about their team this year.

Reactions: TFBaum
Wouldn’t that be fun. ;) I’m not thinking that far out, though… one game at a time!

Reactions: Grass
I don't care. Just making a comment about their team this year.
Fair enough. I pick, bet pre season for PSU to win the big 10 and I am a Pitt fan. The best thing to happen to both programs , imho, is they ended up in the correct conferences

They’ll likely lose one they shouldn’t like they always do….UNC probably.

PSU doesn’t care. Only older PSU fans who live near Pitt care. This is the worst the ACC has ever been with the Coastal being the worst of all the P5 divisions. That being said, Pitt is by far the class of that division. They should easily win out.

Will be Pitt vs either Wake or NC State in ACC Champ game IMO.

I watched a good bit of the Pitt - Va. Tech game last night. I thought Pitt looked darn sharp. Their DBs still “mug” the receivers but if refs aren’t calling it, it’s OK.

Not sure how they lost to a MAC team. We’ll just have to see how it plays out. Looks like the main roadblock in ACC is Wake Forest. Who’d have thunk
Pitt and Wake would be the cream of the conference.

PSU doesn’t care. Only older PSU fans who live near Pitt care. This is the worst the ACC has ever been with the Coastal being the worst of all the P5 divisions. That being said, Pitt is by far the class of that division. They should easily win out.
Okay I personally hope neither school ever play each other again. I grew up a Pitt fan. But never hated PSU. I enjoy reading this board because I am from PA.

Okay I personally hope neither school ever play each other again. I grew up a Pitt fan. But never hated PSU. I enjoy reading this board because I am from PA.
I didn’t make my post clear enough. I am indifferent if the two play as are most PSU fans I know. I don’t hate Pitt and in fact have done well betting with them this year. Pickett will make an NFL roster. My point is the old guard near Pitt still cares about what Pitt does. I only care when I bet them.

I don't care what Pitt does, but I would love to see the Steelers get Pickett in the second day of the draft. He looks like a pro style QB and is already better then anything they have.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Will it finally happen?? Will Dooz, after years of trying, finally get through a season with less than five losses??

Didn’t Ball State beat WMU? Don’t feel like checking.
Western Michigan lost to Ball State by 25 and to Michigan by 33. Western Michigan scored 44 against the pitters. The pitters have no business being ranked above about #40. They don't play a single game this year against a top 25 team. Their record and Pickett's stats are totally a product of their putrid schedule.

If we would play the pitters in a bowl we should sit all the seniors and win by 40 points using that game as exercise for the underclassmen.

Seriously doubt that would happen. The tv networks want schools from different regions to get people to watch. They wouldn’t want two schools 150 miles apart in the same state playing each other. And Pitt’s lack of fan support would hurt the bowl hotels.

If we don't make the PO and we have what about a 20% chance, I would be intrigued with a Sean Clifford-Will Levis battle in the Citrus.

A lot of Football to be played yet. Just gotta take car of business on the 30th first.

They could have folded like a cheap suit after the WMU game, but didn’t. Got to give them credit for that and yes I know the ACC is really down this year. I grew up with the Pitt rivalry in my family and I’m one of the few PSU fans that wished the two teams played each other every year. Way more intrigue than playing Nova or Ball State.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT