ADVERTISEMENT

Durkin placed on administrative leave....

Post-Sandusky, Delany floated a plan to give the commissioner authority to fire coaches in certain circumstances. Had it happened, would that authority have been used in any of the recent B1G fiascoes?? Just a thought....

Strong statement from the AD. Can't see how Durkin keeps his job.

"Dear Terps, I am extremely concerned by the allegations of unacceptable behaviors by members of our football staff detailed in recent media reports. We are committed to fully investigating the program," athletic director Damon Evans said in a statement, in part.

"The external review into the tragic death of Jordan McNair continues, and we have committed to releasing publicly the report being prepared by an independent and national expert. The safety and well-being of our student-athletes is our highest priority. These alleged behaviors are not consistent with the values I expect all of our staff to adhere to and we must do better. You will be hearing from me as our work continues to rebuild the culture of respect in our football program."

Reactions: cidsports
That was under Durkins' watch too
No; happened in 2014

Maryland 20, Penn State 19
SHAKEGATE
'Disrespectful' handshake steals spotlight in Maryland-Penn State game

It's a message that coach James Franklin said he has never seen in 20 years of coaching.

“They decided to start the game that way," Franklin said. "That’s their prerogative.”

Maryland head coach Randy Edsall apologized after the game, saying "that's not how we are."

https://www.collegian.psu.edu/football/article_b786da84-6224-11e4-be40-0017a43b2370.html

No; happened in 2014

Maryland 20, Penn State 19
SHAKEGATE
'Disrespectful' handshake steals spotlight in Maryland-Penn State game

It's a message that coach James Franklin said he has never seen in 20 years of coaching.

“They decided to start the game that way," Franklin said. "That’s their prerogative.”

Maryland head coach Randy Edsall apologized after the game, saying "that's not how we are."

https://www.collegian.psu.edu/football/article_b786da84-6224-11e4-be40-0017a43b2370.html
My bad, it was Edsall you're correct. Seems like a mole hill now doesn't it, compared to what their own coaches are doing to their own players.

But he’s making us money. Isn’t that the most important thing ;)o_O

Is he though? Right now, one of the largest cable providers has removed the network from their offerings, and isn’t planning on bringing it back, unless Delaney gets off his high horse. Don’t you think Comcast will be using these scandals to keep their offer low?

Reactions: BBrown and broey1
They may actually end up with a better coach. Look what he did with a mediocre Pitt team.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBrown
PSU- burn it down, we can’t let that football culture run amok.

I hate us.

Seriously, despite all of the actual scandals at b1g schools in recent years, and the bombshells that have come out this year alone, Penn State is still seen as the epitome of a sports-fueled culture problem. It is disgusting to be viewed that way because Penn State has actually epitomized Success With Honor uninterrupted for decades.

(I know. Thank you erickson and the bot.)

So I’m a Maryland fan and I’ve been looking around the BIG at other teams response to our situation. Yeah just wanted to say thank you. Above all the other teams I wanted to thank you guys.

I posted this in the other thread, but you guys have been the most supportive of us out of all the BIG schools. I guess we both know how it feels to be slammed by ESPN.

You guys obviously more so

Last edited:
I hate us.

Seriously, despite all of the actual scandals at b1g schools in recent years, and the bombshells that have come out this year alone, Penn State is still seen as the epitome of a sports-fueled culture problem. It is disgusting to be viewed that way because Penn State has actually epitomized Success With Honor uninterrupted for decades.

(I know. Thank you erickson and the bot.)

And Delany. To date, he's said f*** all about anything since collecting blood money from PSU.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a word either from that smug faced scumbag in Indy

He did cancel a long planned appearance at the ABA after all this broke. What a turd - I know Art will tell me it's up to the university chowderheads to hold him accountable, but I'd be happy to see at least one reporter from somewhere reputable play a game of 'Where's Jimbo?'....

Is he though? Right now, one of the largest cable providers has removed the network from their offerings, and isn’t planning on bringing it back, unless Delaney gets off his high horse. Don’t you think Comcast will be using these scandals to keep their offer low?

You really think Comcast is going to factor these issues into their business decisions?

Was this a serious post?

He did cancel a long planned appearance at the ABA after all this broke. What a turd - I know Art will tell me it's up to the university chowderheads to hold him accountable, but I'd be happy to see at least one reporter from somewhere reputable play a game of 'Where's Jimbo?'....

I don't mean Delaney. I'm talking about the POS Emmert

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
This isn't like the Urban Meyer administrative leave. This is to figure out how much Maryland owes Durkin when they fire him.

The combination of McNair's death and now the ESPN reports of bulling, abuse and clearly incompetent training practices that led to McNair dying...It's a no brainer, it's going to blow up as a huge nationwide story this week. Durkin has to go and they really had to move fast because the damage is going to be huge.

Really it's a black eye for the whole Big Ten.

And it won't help Meyer's case any -- even though Meyer's offenses are a different sort.

Any association of football coach and abuse -- of players, of spouses, of children -- the Big Ten just can't afford any more of it.

Any illusion of "the shoe is on the other foot", should be thrown out the window now, never to return: Nobody, in this sport, has had to suffer the level of unfairness and inequity, than Penn State has, from not just the NCAA, but the Big Ten, the nation at large, and it's own administration.

Michigan State's Nassar scandal, Michigan's shoe investigation, Maryland's bullying coaches, Ohio State's wrestling program and current Urban Meyer temporary suspension....all of them added up, don't come close to what the average PSU fan has gone through.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT