ADVERTISEMENT

Dual Numbers

crayfish67

Oct 30, 2016
Off topic of the PSU game, but watching some of Michigan Purdue I saw Michigans punter go in while Speight was still playing he wears #3 and the punter was wearing #3 too. I am almost certain I was flipping channels. I get the idea its ok for a DB to wear say #7 and a WR on offense as well and even if they switched off if it was still a DB/WR . Doesnt it seem like that could get pretty sneaky with a QB and a punter? So you decide to try a fake and have QB #3 in vs Punter #3? We can see that on TV way better than split second special teams coaches

Off topic of the PSU game, but watching some of Michigan Purdue I saw Michigans punter go in while Speight was still playing he wears #3 and the punter was wearing #3 too. I am almost certain I was flipping channels. I get the idea its ok for a DB to wear say #7 and a WR on offense as well and even if they switched off if it was still a DB/WR . Doesnt it seem like that could get pretty sneaky with a QB and a punter? So you decide to try a fake and have QB #3 in vs Punter #3? We can see that on TV way better than split second special teams coaches
The only rule is that they can not be on the field at the same time. Sure they could try games but I would hope you can tell the difference between a 6'2; 180 lb punter and a 6'6' 240 lb qb.

Really in the heat of the moment from sidelines? What is the point of having numbers there are 99 different ones 100 if they let a punter or kicker be #0 I dont think coaches should have to decipher a 6-2 to 6-6 guy wearing the same number in what could be a trick play a nose tackle 99 vs punter 99 maybe

ADVERTISEMENT