ADVERTISEMENT

DT vs PD3 7/25

Pyles just said that DT wanted it to be no tech falls but Flo said no.

My prediction: PAIN
No tech falls would be fun as hell to watch haha. Tough when they probably haven't been able to train top-notch, though.

I've always been a big proponent of combat sports not allowing competitors to be "saved by the bell". If you were on your back in nearfall criteria as the period ended, you should have to fight off it or give up the fall after the period ended. You shouldn't be gifted out of a position because of a clock. Would definitely change the sport, but I'd do a nationwide tour in support of the change.

Reactions: nerfstate
DT vs. PD3:

ugmpaAB.gif

Reactions: NittanyChris
No tech falls would be fun as hell to watch haha. Tough when they probably haven't been able to train top-notch, though.

I've always been a big proponent of combat sports not allowing competitors to be "saved by the bell". If you were on your back in nearfall criteria as the period ended, you should have to fight off it or give up the fall after the period ended. You shouldn't be gifted out of a position because of a clock. Would definitely change the sport, but I'd do a nationwide tour in support of the change.
Amen on no saved by the bell on your back.

Also, that's some serious psy-ops by DT, planting that seed in Downey's head.

To be more specific: DT requested 4-minute periods with no techs. Translated: I'm gonna tech you and then gas you out, and then do it a second time.

Ruthless.

DT went Full Heel. "Lizard Boy, put down the smokes."

Is it "heel" if the majority of fans probably look down upon smoking? Is he really just going full "Eat your vitamins and say your prayers" Hulk Hogan? Don't get me wrong, LOVE the idea of a heel DT, but I don't see him in that role with a kids' club lol.

Is it "heel" if the majority of fans probably look down upon smoking? Is he really just going full "Eat your vitamins and say your prayers" Hulk Hogan? Don't get me wrong, LOVE the idea of a heel DT, but I don't see him in that role with a kids' club lol.
Lizard Boy wasn't exactly a compliment, right?

Reactions: PSU Mike
Lizard Boy wasn't exactly a compliment, right?
But insulting a bad guy is ok for a good guy.

Pro wrestling math leads to DT being the face, here. Less tats, less chatter (overall), was last to make disparaging comments. This face has been pushed to his brink. When that glass breaks on July 25th and DT shows up in a milk truck to the ring, it will all make sense.

There was someone that enjoyed lot lizards a while back. Similar...maybe?

Lizards are awesome critters! If you live in the desert, you see them all the time. I try to make friends with them, but they are a little too skittish for that. About two days ago, a big yellow backed spiny lizard was sitting on the back wall in our yard. He was about 6" long not counting the tail. Wish I had a photo to post.

I’m imagining the fight from Christmas story with DT pummeling the bully from top.:p

But insulting a bad guy is ok for a good guy.

Pro wrestling math leads to DT being the face, here. Less tats, less chatter (overall), was last to make disparaging comments. This face has been pushed to his brink. When that glass breaks on July 25th and DT shows up in a milk truck to the ring, it will all make sense.
I’m not sure who is the heel in this one. DT’s rep has taken quite a hit over the last several years. Downey is definitely more of the talker, but DT is not the golden boy he once was.

Reactions: PD4thespawn
I’m not sure who is the heel in this one. DT’s rep has taken quite a hit over the last several years. Downey is definitely more of the talker, but DT is not the golden boy he once was.
Eh - I have some issues with DTs tweets during the Olympics about Cox and some other stuff, but Downey, among other things, posted a video of a girl performing a sex act on him without her consent. That’s pretty high on the shitheel list of things not to do

Reactions: dbldoofus
So, is it within the rules if DT were to run out of the circle to give PD3 free points so they can continue to wrestle? Like DT get a takedown and turn for 4. So on the next whistle he runs to the OB a couple times to make it 4-2? Within the rules, right?

Reactions: Dogwelder
So, is it within the rules if DT were to run out of the circle to give PD3 free points so they can continue to wrestle? Like DT get a takedown and turn for 4. So on the next whistle he runs to the OB a couple times to make it 4-2? Within the rules, right?
It'd be a caution +2 fleeing, and you only get 2 cautions before you're DQ'd.

Both can be real tweeners to certain demographics. Hard to place them directly and completely on one side or the other of the heel/face spectrum.

Both can be real tweeners to certain demographics. Hard to place them directly and completely on one side or the other of the heel/face spectrum.
I understand the comment on DT, but in what demographic is anyone in the PD entourage considered a tweener???

I get you can enjoy a heel - I don't, but some do - but PDIII is certainly no tweener.

I understand the comment on DT, but in what demographic is anyone in the PD entourage considered a tweener???

I get you can enjoy a heel - I don't, but some do - but PDIII is certainly no tweener.
I think crop’s point is that PD3’s attempt at rehabilitating his story involves him being from humble origins, not fitting in, but with oodles of raw talent that is finally starting to properly hone. That’s a pretty American story that I’m sure resonates with some. unfortunately, PD3 doesn’t like stick to the script.

I think crop’s point is that PD3’s attempt at rehabilitating his story involves him being from humble origins, not fitting in, but with oodles of raw talent that is finally starting to properly hone. That’s a pretty American story that I’m sure resonates with some. unfortunately, PD3 does like to stink up the script.
You spelled Flatulates wrong :)

I think crop’s point is that PD3’s attempt at rehabilitating his story involves him being from humble origins, not fitting in, but with oodles of raw talent that is finally starting to properly hone. That’s a pretty American story that I’m sure resonates with some. unfortunately, PD3 doesn’t like stick to the script.

I must have not been paying attention and missed that attempt at rehabilitating his story.

The only story that I've seen him put out is that he's a bad-ass that can - and will - kick anyone's ass as he reps Baltimore and now the NJRTC, a genius with so much talent that the only reason he ever loses is that he didn't choose to train hard for that event, and that he can do all of the above while dabbling in illegal substances and misogyny.

Like I said, I get it, some love the heel. You need to look no further than Conor McGregor for that. Probably half of #delco sees him as their hero. (sorry, just had to get that in for our Delaware County brethren here:)).

Of course, I have not been following him on Twitter or anywhere other than the info I see here, so maybe I really haven't been paying attention.

I must have not been paying attention and missed that attempt at rehabilitating his story.

The only story that I've seen him put out is that he's a bad-ass that can - and will - kick anyone's ass as he reps Baltimore and now the NJRTC, a genius with so much talent that the only reason he ever loses is that he didn't choose to train hard for that event, and that he can do all of the above while dabbling in illegal substances and misogyny.

Like I said, I get it, some love the heel. You need to look no further than Conor McGregor for that. Probably half of #delco sees him as their hero. (sorry, just had to get that in for our Delaware County brethren here:)).

Of course, I have not been following him on Twitter or anywhere other than the info I see here, so maybe I really haven't been paying attention.
No, he’s the same shitheel. Desperately trying to be some sort of persona, and the phoniness can’t be hidden. In the end he’s a boring kid from the Baltimore suburbs who’s trying to sublimate his intelligence to fit in to some popular niche. It’s like being stuck in high school - he even tries to use the same slang a 15 year old would use - it’s getting desperate now that he’s like 27.

PD3 isn't entirely not-endearing to me. There is a group of fans that like his story and how he wrestles. He's got his heart on his sleeve, that's for sure.

I'm on Team DT 200%, I'm just saying Downey has a fanbase that he appeals to.

There's a portion of fans who see DT as a heel, I'm sure. The golden boy, went out to Cali and rode bikes to get huge. Some may go full Roman Reigns and reject him as a top guy.

Perspective, is all I'm giving here.

Reactions: hlstone and PASLP2
PD3 isn't entirely not-endearing to me. There is a group of fans that like his story and how he wrestles. He's got his heart on his sleeve, that's for sure.

There's a portion of fans who see DT as a heel, I'm sure. The golden boy, went out to Cali and rode bikes to get huge. Some may go full Roman Reigns and reject him as a top guy.

I understand where you're coming from and I've been there myself. Not so much anymore as an older guy. I think I'm wiser now, but maybe not to some. And I agree that DT is definitely not for everyone's taste.

It was just started with a quip about PDIII being a tweener - maybe just a quibble about wording. Like I've said before, I think he's in the heel camp and it's a role he seeks. Because he knows he can get attention and fans that way. It's a model that has served others well (financially) before.

Reactions: lionlover

CFsXLIwoiky1DIYe5NSN7A%2Fcustom-Custom_Size___6_Arbus_Untitled+%2849%29+1970-71+2.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT