ADVERTISEMENT

Dresser fires Zadick

I didn't hear about anybody getting punched and my source told me about a potential staff shake up weeks before it happened...he probably would have led with that. From what I hear, it was a culmination of things to include big recruiting misses, lack of followership skills, treatment of staff...both wrestling and admin. A bunch of things added up.

a punch means assault, and I doubt they could cover that up in todays environment of mandatory reporting. I could believe guys going face to face yelling and a shove but a punch just seems a little much. Sure it could have happened but just doesnt sound right.

the above sounds normal and realistic. the old blood and guts routine wears thin quick with todays kids and parents. Ask the hawks.

#funisntsayingitslife
#adaptordie
#somebodyshouldmailAmesa3"binderofgoldintel

I didn't hear about anybody getting punched and my source told me about a potential staff shake up weeks before it happened...he probably would have led with that. From what I hear, it was a culmination of things to include big recruiting misses, lack of followership skills, treatment of staff...both wrestling and admin. A bunch of things added up.
The followship skills (or lack thereof) and people skills (again lack thereof) interacting with other staff are things you would think could or should have been assessed from his last 2 years.

I like Zadick, but it seems (from the outside) that he was probably too much bad-cop.

Zadick, I got a club in SE MN. I'm willing to figure out good cop. We got plenty of jobs. A JUCO ready to make a splash. A club roster ready to burst. Come north.

Crop , dont the Zadick brothers already have a club in Great Falls. My wife interviewed for a job there. The hospital that recruited her knew wrestling was important to us , so they set us up with a club visit and a HS Dual.

My boy went and rolled with a bunch of kids from their youth club , zadick's were mentioned as the founders but weren't present.

The rumor I heard was that he punched St. John. (No idea how true)

The followship skills (or lack thereof) and people skills (again lack thereof) interacting with other staff are things you would think could or should have been assessed from his last 2 years.

What's the old saying...Rich and famous people are not crazy, they are eccentric? If a person is good at one area of their job and produces good results, they are normally given latitude. If they stop producing results due to being stubborn or other issues, than the areas where they have shortcomings become magnified. If they refuse to address them or evolve, than they have to go.

What's the old saying...Rich and famous people are not crazy, they are eccentric? If a person is good at one area of their job and produces good results, they are normally given latitude. If they stop producing results due to being stubborn or other issues, than the areas where they have shortcomings become magnified. If they refuse to address them or evolve, than they have to go.
d6b6cd6600ae2d3b3511d536de17d30b.jpg

Crop , dont the Zadick brothers already have a club in Great Falls. My wife interviewed for a job there. The hospital that recruited her knew wrestling was important to us , so they set us up with a club visit and a HS Dual.

My boy went and rolled with a bunch of kids from their youth club , zadick's were mentioned as the founders but weren't present.

The rumor I heard was that he punched St. John. (No idea how true)
Before Mike took the job at VT I think he was working at this camp. Here's a video from 2017 where Mike is working at it.

a punch means assault, and I doubt they could cover that up in todays environment of mandatory reporting. I could believe guys going face to face yelling and a shove but a punch just seems a little much. Sure it could have happened but just doesnt sound right.

the above sounds normal and realistic. the old blood and guts routine wears thin quick with todays kids and parents. Ask the hawks.

#funisntsayingitslife
#adaptordie
#somebodyshouldmailAmesa3"binderofgoldintel
If I may...
# Societyhasturnedintoabunchoforanges

If I may...
# Societyhasturnedintoabunchoforanges
If we have, it had to have begun at least in 1981.

I was a sophomore in high school and one of my teammates on my high school B Squad team was seriously assaulted in the weight room by one of our baddest butt seniors. The assaulter was (1) suspended from play for a certain period of time and (2) the victim's parents successfully filed assault charges on the assaulter.

So, yeah, "oranges" have been around at least since 1981, thirty seven years ago.

If we have, it had to have begun at least in 1981.

I was a sophomore in high school and one of my teammates on my high school B Squad team was seriously assaulted in the weight room by one of our baddest butt seniors. The assaulter was (1) suspended from play for a certain period of time and (2) the victim's parents successfully filed assault charges on the assaulter.

So, yeah, "oranges" have been around at least since 1981, thirty seven years ago.
The rate of orange incidence is much higher these days. It has to do with helicopter parenting, among other things.

The rate of orange incidence is much higher these days. It has to do with helicopter parenting, among other things.
Not sure if there's science to go with your claims, but I doubt it, based simply on how we'd define it across generations.

But, yeah, to think that "helicopter parents," whatever that means, was occurring in 1981 is a SIN!

Survival of the fittest, by gum!

Last edited:
Not sure if there's science to go with your claims, but I doubt it, based simply on how we'd define it across generations.

But, yeah, to think that "helicopter parents," whatever that means, was occurring in 1981 is a SIN!

Survival of the fittest, by gum!
Curious why you edited that other part out of your message.

Man, try to make a joke these days about two grown men settling their differences the old-fashioned way, and somebody's gonna get twisted shorts. Who needs science?

Because it got too personal, both for me and for you, and it wasn't necessary. I assume that you prefer that I edited it?

Folks like me need science. I kind of rely on it.
Not only did the section you deleted get personal (for you, but it certainly didn't represent me), it included examples that don't come close to the situation. You made a leap from the possibility of two grown men getting in a bilateral argument, or even a punch being thrown, to:
1. A one-sided vicious attack that was serious enough to warrant assault charges.
2. Somehow equating this situation to two 5 year olds getting beat up because they look different.

Neither of those is remotely close to what the joke, nor my comments, were about. And, you did it in a vernacular that I guess was meant to lump me in with some group of people that you either don't like or you look down upon from whatever perch you sit on. So, no, I don't care whether you edited it or not.

BTW, serious suggestion: If your grandkid's state allows it, encourage your kids to keep them at home until next year. My wife teaches, and has never spoken to parents who regretted waiting, but plenty of parents who regretted sending them too early.

There was a time when I would have sided with pawrestlersintn on this and didn't think that this should be such a big deal. But I've gotten older.

Two men settling it the "old fashioned" way is an oxymoron. At least one of them has to be a kid. There is just absolutely no justification for an adult getting in a fight besides defense of self or others. And the fact that the playing field is even isn't relevant.

I'm not sure it actually happened in this situation. But if it did, the guy should have been terminated immediately. Not an acceptable level of judgment shown by someone in that position representing the university.

Not being holier than thou about it, I have not been incident free in my adult life. Stupid, immature and probably deserving of harsher consequences. Nothing #orange about it.

Helicopter parenting has been around since I can remember, but I'm not sure what it has to do with this.

Not only did the section you deleted get personal (for you, but it certainly didn't represent me), it included examples that don't come close to the situation. You made a leap from the possibility of two grown men getting in a bilateral argument, or even a punch being thrown, to:
1. A one-sided vicious attack that was serious enough to warrant assault charges.
2. Somehow equating this situation to two 5 year olds getting beat up because they look different.

Neither of those is remotely close to what the joke, nor my comments, were about. And, you did it in a vernacular that I guess was meant to lump me in with some group of people that you either don't like or you look down upon from whatever perch you sit on. So, no, I don't care whether you edited it or not.

BTW, serious suggestion: If your grandkid's state allows it, encourage your kids to keep them at home until next year. My wife teaches, and has never spoken to parents who regretted waiting, but plenty of parents who regretted sending them too early.
Let's not forget what prompted my INITIAL reply to you. You claimed that we are (suddenly) getting "too orange" today (whatever that means), as if it's something that has JUST happened within a few years and assault charges were never filed prior to 2018.

I promptly replied to inform you that people were also "too orange" (whatever that means) in 1981, when a kid was charged with a serious assault against another kid tht I witnessed first hand. Obviously, they were doing it like they did in them there, "good ol" days," but it also carried with it serious consequences THEN, as it would TODAY.

So, no, I make one point and one point only: being "too orange" (whatever that means) isn't new. People were also "too orange" (whatever that means) in 1981 as well. I suspect that I'm older than you are, so I offer a realistic perspective on this "orange" stuff not being a "modern development."

There was a time when I would have sided with pawrestlersintn on this and didn't think that this should be such a big deal. But I've gotten older.

Two men settling it the "old fashioned" way is an oxymoron. At least one of them has to be a kid. There is just absolutely no justification for an adult getting in a fight besides defense of self or others. And the fact that the playing field is even isn't relevant.

I'm not sure it actually happened in this situation. But if it did, the guy should have been terminated immediately. Not an acceptable level of judgment shown by someone in that position representing the university.

Not being holier than thou about it, I have not been incident free in my adult life. Stupid, immature and probably deserving of harsher consequences. Nothing #orange about it.

Helicopter parenting has been around since I can remember, but I'm not sure what it has to do with this.
Amen, sir.

By all accounts I hear from professorial types here, helicopter parenting is on the rise, at least at the college level. It used to be unheard of for an undergrad’s parent to call a prof about their kid’s grade (ie trying to influence it). Now it happens pretty much every semester in every class.

Not sure I see the relevancy to above discussion either, but thought I’d share.

Serious Answer: I completely agree with your wife. After 33+ years in education...….if you can wait...….ABSOLUTELY Do It. The academic and social benefits of doing so are many.

Reactions: vhsalum
Yes, it does happen, but not nearly that frequently. At best, once or twice per year, but it rarely, if ever, yields any result, due to FERPA laws.
Must depend on the school, or maybe the discipline. Of course it shouldn't work--but I do think it's a sign is some sort of shift that a parent even things it's a good idea to try.

Serious Answer: I completely agree with your wife. After 33+ years in education...….if you can wait...….ABSOLUTELY Do It. The academic and social benefits of doing so are many.

There are exceptions, however. I was the very youngest in my class (late January BD) and had no issues. Graduated at the top of my HS class, wrestled 3 yrs varsity, 2 yr starter at RB in football. Parents had to sign my ROTC scholarship documents for me as I didn’t turn 18 until mid-freshman year at PSU. It really depends on the kid and situations.

I shouldn’t, but I will. I am assuming this has to do with when to send kids to school if they are “between classes”. There are exceptions to your conclusions, however. I was the very youngest in my class (late January BD) and had no issues. Graduated at the top of my HS class, wrestled 3 yrs varsity, 2 yr starter at RB in football. Parents had to sign my ROTC scholarship documents for me as I didn’t turn 18 until mid-freshman year at PSU. It really depends on the kid and situations.

There are exceptions, however. I was the very youngest in my class (late January BD) and had no issues. Graduated at the top of my HS class, wrestled 3 yrs varsity, 2 yr starter at RB in football. Parents had to sign my ROTC scholarship documents for me as I didn’t turn 18 until mid-freshman year at PSU. It really depends on the kid and situations.

I shouldn’t, but I will. I am assuming this has to do with when to send kids to school if they are “between classes”. There are exceptions to your conclusions, however. I was the very youngest in my class (late January BD) and had no issues. Graduated at the top of my HS class, wrestled 3 yrs varsity, 2 yr starter at RB in football. Parents had to sign my ROTC scholarship documents for me as I didn’t turn 18 until mid-freshman year at PSU. It really depends on the kid and situations.

You are to be congratulated....along with your parents. That said.....I would say the vast majority of times it does not work out as well. Academics are often secondary to the social implications. It can even extend to college where all of person X's college friends/classmates are 21 and they are not.

The debate regarding when to start Elementary School goes back decades. Imo, pa and Sportsfan hit on why it's still debated. There is no one-size-fits-all here.

https://www.businessinsider.com/school-start-age-2017-3

We followed the conventions with our kids, birthday by August 1st, send them to school. We didn't have the luxury of studies done that show all the social, academic, behavioral, and other impacts, as we have today. Trying not to be judgmental here, it seems lots of parents are doing what's best for them, not for their children. For Mrs. Roar and me, we just followed the school district rules, without fully understanding our choices and the impact. Our kids turned out ok :).

To bring this into the athletic arena, and worth discussing on a wrestling forum...I'm reading more and more that parents are holding back entry into schools to hopefully give their child an advantage when they reach High School. That one year may make a world of difference in the talent level. It's a risk/reward thing to me, as who in this world can predict 9, 10, 11 years out.

If you are making the decision just based on sports acumen, then you are doing your kids a great disservice. You certainly have to consider the educational part, social part, and family dynamics. I was an early entry (graduated high school at 16, turned 17 just before college). My kids entered at the conventional age, but were never challenged academically until high school and could have easily gone earlier but were not permitted due to school rules and private school was not an option at that time. We all turned out ok (IMHO). I know kids who started later, and some did ok and some didn't.

serious suggestion: If your grandkid's state allows it, encourage your kids to keep them at home until next year. My wife teaches, and has never spoken to parents who regretted waiting, but plenty of parents who regretted sending them too early.

I just completed my 25th year as a teacher and I concur.... Hold them back if you can... The difference between the oldest kid in the class and the youngest kid in the class, socially, academically, and mature level, is obvious and incredible.

serious suggestion: If your grandkid's state allows it, encourage your kids to keep them at home until next year. My wife teaches, and has never spoken to parents who regretted waiting, but plenty of parents who regretted sending them too early.

I just completed my 25th year as a teacher and I concur.... Hold them back if you can... The difference between the oldest kid in the class and the youngest kid in the class, socially, academically, and mature level, is obvious and incredible.
Yes, but KCLion was the youngest in his class, and he turned out okay. Just messin', KC. :)

agree. former teacher & elem principal. wife a teacher as well as daughter. our grandson was a very bright, but simply not socially ready kid at the starting age. we all argued for a while with dad & in-laws. they decided to hold him. the best thing that ever happened to him. now a very good student with mature social skills, and it didn't hurt his athletic skills, either:rolleyes:. have always counselled parents to hold them if you can; you won't regret it. kids can never be too ready, but they can certainly be not ready enough.

Yes, but KCLion was the youngest in his class, and he turned out okay. Just messin', KC. :)

LOL, I knew I was asking for it while I was typing. Maybe had I waited a year, I wouldn’t have been carded to see Animal House my freshman year at good ole’ PSU.

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
This discussion initially started with my deleted comment about my grandsons starting school next week.

Two things to dovetail off of that. Yes, they're five, yes they were born very premature, but they will be six in November, so to start them next year means that they're basically seven in kindergarten, which I don't believe they can do in Iowa. Second, NONE of this is my call to make anyway; it's their parents who make that call, not me. So, any "advice" given falls on deaf ears with me, as it's not my decision to make.

ADVERTISEMENT