Dow soars again over 300 points as big rally continues

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
NJ's options have bitten the dust

I think the stock market might be smiling from Biden causing more inflation with yet another round of 0.75 trillion of Gubmint spending......

SheldonJoe2215

Oct 3, 2015
Portland, OR
Yes I track my net worth..don’t you?
Of course, it's a lot easier for you to track your net worth than it is for the rest of us.

NJ at his card table on bill-paying day...

Money Coins GIF by Ashlyn Anstee

bdgan

May 29, 2008
There is no such thing as a net worth statement. Was just pointing out your stupidity.
Of course there's such a thing as a net worth statement. Of course putting a value on things like real estate and collectibles is somewhat subjective until they are sold. The IRS makes your executor do it when you die.

Reactions: NJPSU

Lion8286

Sep 1, 2008
Of course there's such a thing as a net worth statement. Of course putting a value on things like real estate and collectibles is somewhat subjective until they are sold. The IRS makes your executor do it when you die.

My point is that it's worthless as a measuring stick. It is, at best, a guesstimate for most people.

Last edited:

bdgan

May 29, 2008
My point is that it's worthless as a measuring stick. It is, at best, a guesstimate for most people.
I knew things like when I could comfortably retire, how much I could afford to spend on a vacation home, and roughly how much I'll likely leave to my heirs.

Lion8286

Sep 1, 2008
I knew things like when I could comfortably retire, how much I could afford to spend on a vacation home, and roughly how much I'll likely leave to my heirs.

I have, and continue to do, things like that on Excel spreadsheets. Have never produced a separate net worth statement.

To just look at those numbers on a single page serves no useful purpose to me. Lenders have and will tell me how much I can afford to spend on a vacation home. Since I hope to live another 20-25 years, estimating how much I'll leave to my heirs is not worth my time right now.

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
Yep…of course.

bdgan

May 29, 2008
I have, and continue to do, things like that on Excel spreadsheets. Have never produced a separate net worth statement.

To just look at those numbers on a single page serves no useful purpose to me. Lenders have and will tell me how much I can afford to spend on a vacation home. Since I hope to live another 20-25 years, estimating how much I'll leave to my heirs is not worth my time right now.
My goal isn't to leave too much to my heirs but I'd rather they get it than the government. Knowing my number is more important for estate planning.

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
For Lion8286…..never too late to learn something new.

Statement of net worth can often be required by lenders or investors to assess risk in providing an individual or business a loan. Scholarships and financial aid applications can also require net worth statements to assess eligibility. For the deceased, net worth statements can be used to assess value of their estate when in probate.

A net worth statement can help you measure progress towards long term financial goals. It can also help you keep track of your debts. If you are building wealth, you will also see your net worth statement changing. Having multiple savings, investments and debts can be difficult to manage. A net worth statement can help see your total financial situation.

Reactions: bdgan

bdgan

May 29, 2008
His net worth is currently under audit.
I'm sure he will provide it right after Trump provides his tax returns :rolleyes:
The government/IRS has all of Trump's tax returns and they've all been audited.

The issue was releasing them to congress who would publicize them as part of a sham politically motivated investigation.

Reactions: Sullivan

MaconNitt

Oct 18, 2016
Lion8286 said:
There is no such thing as a net worth statement. Was just pointing out your stupidity.

Thanks to bdgan we can add to the list of things you know little about 🤣

politics ✔️
football ✔️
finances ✔️
deleted items on the test/politics board ✔️

MaconNitt

Oct 18, 2016
The government/IRS has all of Trump's tax returns and they've all been audited.

The issue was releasing them to congress who would publicize them as part of a sham politically motivated investigation.
So, he will provide them to the public after he announces his 2024 bid like every other candidate?

bdgan

May 29, 2008
So, he will provide them to the public after he announces his 2024 bid like every other candidate?
Probably not and I don't blame him.

Look at the NY lawsuits. Letitia James ran for office promising to get Trump. Not because she had reason to believe he had done anything illegal. Instead she promised to go after him to try and find something on him. IMO that's very wrong.

P.S. I don't know if Weisselberg did anything illegal or if Cushman Wakefield provided appraisals that deliberately overvalued Trump’s properties. If they did they should be held to account. It just shouldn't be politically motivated.

• Wow
Reactions: MaconNitt

MaconNitt

Oct 18, 2016
Probably not and I don't blame him.

Look at the NY lawsuits. Letitia James ran for office promising to get Trump. Not because she had reason to believe he had done anything illegal. Instead she promised to go after him to try and find something on him. IMO that's very wrong.

P.S. I don't know if Weisselberg did anything illegal or if Cushman Wakefield provided appraisals that deliberately overvalued Trump’s properties. If they did they should be held to account. It just shouldn't be politically motivated.
I am shocked you would not blame him :rolleyes:

Running to get Trump was wrong, she should have run to faithfully discharge the duties of her office or what ever oath you take.

P.S. That's a lot of if's. One more for you, If criminal crimes, not political crimes were committed who should be prosecuted?

bdgan

May 29, 2008
I am shocked you would not blame him :rolleyes:

Running to get Trump was wrong, she should have run to faithfully discharge the duties of her office or what ever oath you take.

P.S. That's a lot of if's. One more for you, If criminal crimes, not political crimes were committed who should be prosecuted?
Trump should not be above the law and I'm not defending him from any illegal activity. That said, he's not a career politician. Tax returns for career politicians are pretty much limited to salaries and money from book sales or speaking engagements. Trump is a wealthy businessman with many limited liability companies. I think it's totally wrong for congress to go after many decades of business records in order to see what kind of dirt they can dig up. If federal or state governments have probable cause to suspect a crime their respective justice departments can subpoena records and investigate privately.

I'm not sure what you mean by political crimes.

MaconNitt

Oct 18, 2016
I'm not sure what you mean by political crimes.
Not revealing his tax returns to congress to be used against him politically.

Whether or not he is a career politician, when you run for a political office you give up some of your privacy. Voters should know if he would be compromised. It goes to credibility.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
For Lion8286…..never too late to learn something new.

Statement of net worth can often be required by lenders or investors to assess risk in providing an individual or business a loan. Scholarships and financial aid applications can also require net worth statements to assess eligibility. For the deceased, net worth statements can be used to assess value of their estate when in probate.

A net worth statement can help you measure progress towards long term financial goals. It can also help you keep track of your debts. If you are building wealth, you will also see your net worth statement changing. Having multiple savings, investments and debts can be difficult to manage. A net worth statement can help see your total financial situation.

Or you can just use Quicken..............

Reactions: bdgan

bdgan

May 29, 2008
Not revealing his tax returns to congress to be used against him politically.

Whether or not he is a career politician, when you run for a political office you give up some of your privacy. Voters should know if he would be compromised. It goes to credibility.
Trump filed all of the financual disclosures required by law. If people want more than that they should lobby their congressmen to make that a legal requirement with appropriate limits.

Reactions: MaconNitt

MaconNitt

Oct 18, 2016
Trump filed all of the financual disclosures required by law. If people want more than that they should lobby their congressmen to make that a legal requirement with appropriate limits.
It has been tried a couple times, passed in the house, stalled in senate