Dow Soars 650 Points Higher!

GSPMax

Jun 21, 2018
You guys get so angry when you have to read about positive economic news. Very telling.

One day, great. How about looking at a long term inclusive perspective for once.

This economy sucks.

FJB

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
Well, I am long calls now, so I am certainly not angry. But on up days, you act like a little three-year-old who gets excited when they make a poopee. It's downright cringeworthy.
Your opinion is of little concern to me.

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
You guys get so angry when you have to read about positive economic news. Very telling.
NJ: You should check out the "Divorce Advice?" thread on the Football Board. Many of these guys figure prominently in it, and have some tales of real woe to tell. No wonder they are angry.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
NJ: You should check out the "Divorce Advice?" thread on the Football Board. Many of these guys figure prominently in it, and have some tales of real woe to tell. No wonder they are angry.

Oh Norman..................

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
Yes you can pretty much reliably predict which of these guys are divorced just by their angry demeanor.

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010
Here, in real terms the S&P is right where we started pre-pandemic. and of course way down since Biden took office. Look at a 5 or 10 year trend to see the truth.

And still heading down on an inflation-corrected basis, just like it did during the 1970s.

Real interest rates are an indication of reality. Being negative, it means people are worse off. Many have just not realized it yet. The indirect impacts hit later.

The market is still in its bubble. Call me when inflation is back below 2% and unemployment is still down at 3-4%. They can't do it because they wrecked the economy -- the supply side.

Right now Powell is still in "reward assets" mode. That's what negative real interest rates do. We have a long, long way to go.

This is not a real stock market, not when the money supply gets stimulated to the tune of 5 trillion in just two years.

This continues to be a wealth transfer. The central bankers and inside traders in Congress did well for themselves. Now they have to decide who will pay the bill. So far it is through inflation -- hurting the poor, middle class, and retirees the most. No one had real gains unless they timed the market or get a government handout.

And guess what? It will get worse if the dollar changes course and starts falling relative to the currencies of our trading partners. Imported goods will get even more expensive. We have a trade imbalance. How's that going to stimulate our consumer economy?

There is no free lunch. We did not make the needed investments to produce enough goods in our own country. We even shot ourselves in the foot with the most important commodity affecting our trade imbalance. (Energy) Can't build roads and bridges, can't fight wars, can't defend foreign countries or bail them out .... with no revenue from our own factories, mines, and farms -- without taking a massive cut in living standards.

Bidenomics will go down in history.

bdgan

May 29, 2008
The market was down again this week. New 40 year high inflation with producer prices up over 11%. Retail sales up by less than inflation. People backing out of home purchases. Banks miss estimates due to increased reserves for defaults. Atlanta Fed says recession.

Thus is what you call positive economic news?

Reactions: bison13 and GSPMax

Fac

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2001
NJ - the only ones that believe what you post are your fellow sheep, all 5 of them.
Give it a rest.

Hotshoe

Feb 15, 2012
There is nothing positive. I have no idea where you get that from. The market is flat since Biden took office. Inflation is at a 40 year high. Goods are tight, money is tighter. Gas is over $4/gal. You spinning this is obnoxious. Americans don't believe people like you or your party. They're tired of your party blaming everyone else and never taking responsibility. That's exactly what you do.

Fac

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2001
He know what he is doing. It's for his fellow sheep. He's whistling past the cemetery at night.

Fac

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2001
Up 650 points from Thursday’s close. Pretty obvious.
Ok, smart gut. Where does this stand from mid-January? Is my question obvious or are you going to keep spinning?

Fac

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2001
Waiting for your spin NJ.
I really didn't think you would come back to answer my question. Carry on spinning NJ. Your fellow sheep need your BS.