Dow ends the week up another 400 points!

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
Thanks Joe.

Nasdaq and S&P 500 up even more than the Dow.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
LOL. Your "options strategy" revolves around which kind of tomato to pick for dinner.

Actually, it does. Momotaro, Blue Ribbon, Mountain Merit or Health Kick.

They are all different. Ate a Blue Ribbon tonight with some chicken. Man was it good....... So juicy and great flavor.

Reactions: Hotshoe and NJPSU

Online Persona

Feb 2, 2022
Democrats are destroyers. The sad thing is we potentially have not found bottom. Their policies have already pushed tens of millions of Americans into poverty this year alone.

Reactions: bison13 and bdgan

NJPSU

May 29, 2001
Democrats are destroyers. The sad thing is we potentially have not found bottom. Their policies have already pushed tens of millions of Americans into poverty this year alone.
The Market is higher now than is was on the night Trump lost.

Online Persona

Feb 2, 2022
That is definitely false. Lowest rates of poverty during record inflation. That doesn't pass the common sense test. Did they fail to inflation adjust the poverty rate?

As far as the market, the NASDAQ is up 4% in almost 2 years if you chose election day and we know why you are choosing that mark, because it is down 8.6% if choosing inauguration day.

The DOW is slightly better at 16.5% up in almost 2 years from election day and only 6% in almost 2 years if using inauguration day.

S&P is up 15.4% from election day and only 7.7% in almost 2 years using inauguration day.

Beyond the stock market, democrats have crushed low and middle class much, much worse. Inflation went from 1.4% in 2020 to the over 40 year record highs. Wages are not even close to keeping up.

Democrats are destroyers. They have made nearly everything worse.

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
That is definitely false. Lowest rates of poverty during record inflation. That doesn't pass the common sense test. Did they fail to inflation adjust the poverty rate?

As far as the market, the NASDAQ is up 4% in almost 2 years if you chose election day and we know why you are choosing that mark, because it is down 8.6% if choosing inauguration day.

The DOW is slightly better at 16.5% up in almost 2 years from election day and only 6% in almost 2 years if using inauguration day.

S&P is up 15.4% from election day and only 7.7% in almost 2 years using inauguration day.

Beyond the stock market, democrats have crushed low and middle class much, much worse. Inflation went from 1.4% in 2020 to the over 40 year record highs. Wages are not even close to keeping up.

Democrats are destroyers. They have made nearly everything worse.

If you adjust for inflation they are all down.

LdN

KnightWhoSaysNit

Jul 19, 2010
If you adjust for inflation they are all down.

LdN

I've been trying to make this point for a long time. I've posted links to the inflation-corrected S&P many times here.

None of the recent "gains" represent real economic growth. All they did was print trillions and hand that money out. Some people got a windfall. All got the resulting inflation. Some are devastated by that inflation, or will soon be devastated.

The money supply is supposed to be kept in proportion to productivity. This simple idea was thrown out the window using the pandemic and climate change as excuses.

The Party orchestrated an epic money-grab that is unprecedented in our history. I fear the resulting instability as people take an unexpected, drastic hit to their living standards. Millions will descend into poverty.

fairfaxlion2

Oct 12, 2014
I've been trying to make this point for a long time. I've posted links to the inflation-corrected S&P many times here.

None of the recent "gains" represent real economic growth. All they did was print trillions and hand that money out. Some people got a windfall. All got the resulting inflation. Some are devastated by that inflation, or will soon be devastated.

The money supply is supposed to be kept in proportion to productivity. This simple idea was thrown out the window using the pandemic and climate change as excuses.

The Party orchestrated an epic money-grab that is unprecedented in our history. I fear the resulting instability as people take an unexpected, drastic hit to their living standards. Millions will descend into poverty.
at least bitcoin is not the stupidest thing of all time

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX

Yep. They will try to print their way out of this.

Europe did that for a long while but they are now dying a rapid death.

US will be after.