ADVERTISEMENT

Football Dotson selected with 16th pick overall

Wish it wasn’t to the skins
Happy for Dotson but I was hoping he was going to end up in KC or GB. Clearly KC and GB don't think they need WRs though so hopefully Wentz stays healthy. Honestly that core isn't bad

Wentz/Gibson/McLaurin/Samuel/Dotson/Thomas

Might be good enough in that division though Philly getting AJ Brown was big

Amazing draft. The first five players were all defensive. I'll bet that is really rare, if ever, in the modern era. Then between 8 and 16, you get five WRs taken. Only 1 QB in the first round taken.

Somehow he got drafter AFTER a receiver that got hurt playing in his bowl game. I thought that was impossible?

Don't have a link but Rivera basically said Dotson's production came despite the fact that PSU's offense had no other weapons, and balls thrown to him were less than accurate.

Reactions: ram2020
So happy for Jahan! What a terrific young man - very grounded and well-spoken. Best wishes for a long and successful pro career.

Reactions: psu00
lol well that's from a movie so....

Yeah, I've seen variations of that exact scenario in the past several drafts. I forget who it was last year who said the exact same thing: "save this for when I win you the Super Bowl". It was verbatim the same thing.

And yeah, it's from Draft Day w/ Kevin Costner, IIRC.

Reactions: hlstone
I don't remember him ever dropping a catchable ball, maybe he did, but it was very rare. I never worried about him muffing a punt in critical time either.

That's a clever trick but I wonder if it's against the rules. Are teams allowed to pay players before they're drafted?
Rules? What rules? We are living in the wild west nowadays.

I love Dotson, but the Washington offense is a hot mess. Many expecting Corral to unseat Wentz by midseason. Situation is almost as important as the player's talent. Situation is probably more important than talent for longevity and total career compensation.

Look at Godwin, he was a good receiver before Brady but he was gonna set records and make the pro bowl and get a huge contact before he was injured. Situation means a lot, especially to a receiver who is so dependent on the quarterback and running game. Bad running game is death to a passing game, see 2021 PSU.

kinda the opposite scenario but reminded me of the time the raiders coaching staff was convinced Jamarcus Russell wasn’t reading the playbook so they gave him a dvd of the upcoming weeks game plan to review. When they asked him his thoughts he said it all looked good, problem was the staff gave him a blank disc.

Reactions: psualt
ADVERTISEMENT