ADVERTISEMENT

Dominoes starting to fall at MSU?

That's a big name at MSU. William Strampel is basically the guy who led the Title IX investigation into Larry Nassar and essentially signed off on Larry's vaginal penetration treatment methods on the condition that he agrees to wear a glove (which wasn't enforced).

Here's Rachael Denhollander's open letter to Strampel from earlier this year.

So their AD will be fined $60 million and every team Nasser touched be put on immediate post season ban and scholarship reduction....when exactly?

Reactions: N&B4PSU and AvgUser
In hindsight, I'll bet she wishes she had said less about PSU.
220px-Billy_Joel_-_Glass_Houses.jpg

It was all so easy for all of these guys to blame Joe, Curley and Schultz. All of these people from hollywood, CNN, PBS, Michigan State......In the meantime, their offices closer resembled the pit in the silence of the lambs than their glass offices and mahogany desks with their italian car parked outside.

If the president at Sparty hadn't made an idiot of herself, I'd be much more sympathetic. Hey Lou Anna, wear a bathing suit in the shower!

In the end it is just sad. People had an opportunity to watch, learn and put into place preventative measures to catch child predators. Clemente gave them one of the keys. But they wanted to grandstand; perhaps to hide their own perversions. He (she) doth protest too much? In any case, kids continue to be abused. We've learned nothing. Who is going to charge forward when they see good people being ruined simply for be fooled, being victims themselves?

I wish I were a bigger person but I hope they all suffer.

xH83qU.gif

nothing is going to happen because the media and the general public simply dont care about this. Sad but when a story includes underage girls and not boys it gets brushed aside.
I have to disagree. Things are already happening and MSU is going to be on the hook for a huge amount of money. Attorneys are lining up to sue.

I have to disagree. Things are already happening and MSU is going to be on the hook for a huge amount of money. Attorneys are lining up to sue.
That may well be, but the media won't cover this to nearly the degree they did with Penn State. As a result, the effect on Michigan State's reputation will be minimal. And that pisses me off.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
That may well be, but the media won't cover this to nearly the degree they did with Penn State. As a result, the effect on Michigan State's reputation will be minimal. And that pisses me off.
I wasn't coming from that angle. I do understand. PA OAG GJP.

Reactions: nits74
Of course now that her fats on the burner she claims it's impossible to stop a determined predator but joe and psu were terribly negligent and should have done more.I hate to revel in this as the nature of this crime makes me sick but she deserves whatever is on the way.Pass the popcorn
It was all so easy for all of these guys to blame Joe, Curley and Schultz. All of these people from hollywood, CNN, PBS, Michigan State......In the meantime, their offices closer resembled the pit in the silence of the lambs than their glass offices and mahogany desks with their italian car parked outside.

If the president at Sparty hadn't made an idiot of herself, I'd be much more sympathetic. Hey Lou Anna, wear a bathing suit in the shower!

In the end it is just sad. People had an opportunity to watch, learn and put into place preventative measures to catch child predators. Clemente gave them one of the keys. But they wanted to grandstand; perhaps to hide their own perversions. He (she) doth protest too much? In any case, kids continue to be abused. We've learned nothing. Who is going to charge forward when they see good people being ruined simply for be fooled, being victims themselves?

I wish I were a bigger person but I hope they all suffer.

xH83qU.gif
well put thanks

Izzo knew. Izzo had to know.

Well, you know as well as I do, he certainly would have heard talk of it, especially with it so widespread.

I’m not against Izzo. In fact, he seems like a pretty good guy. But, the Media and Penn State,itself, changed the standard so that the blame could fall on Joe.

Sure does seem to be happening at a snails pace, though, compared to the Sh-tshow that happened here.
Indeed. People won't get the pound of flesh that they want. Nevertheless, it's getting deeper for MSU and at least one domino has fallen.

"For example, did hero worship of sports and those who support athletics blind those at the university? The former MSU gymnastics Coach Kathie Klages has been accused of defending Nassar to the very end, apparently unable to believe he was a predator hiding in plain sight. The university’s website still features a glowing report of her career. Klages retired after being suspended earlier this year in part over her handling of a meeting with the women's gymnastics team to discuss Nassar."

That's more like it.

Likely they take 4 scholies from MSU's girl's (or are they... who knows what anyone is, these days) x-country.

But seriously, it's man on girl versus man on boy. Slam dunker as to where the media flies (did I say flies?... cockroaches more so).

Reactions: nits74
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT