ADVERTISEMENT

Doggy’s thoughts on the weekend…

Kellerdog

Aug 17, 2005
Pre-game/ Tailgate- A.
Awesome people, great little town, all good. (Except paying $186 for a parking pass (33) that was 3 counties over , and a mountain to cross. 🙂)

Game experience - A-
The crowd was amazing, every bit as good as any SEC venue. I thought that my initial thought on the White Out was correct. It’s great pageantry, but didn’t affect any particular play. IMO, of course. Thought that the officiating was terrible. We got the benefit of some crazy calls, also had a few bad ones against us. We should have run the ball more. It looked to me that we were gaining traction as the game progressed. Obviously impressed with Clifford, he was great. Game came down to a few key plays. PSU made them, Auburn didn’t. Really competitive game, that’s really all I was asking for.

Post game -C
Happens everywhere, but I saw/heard shit with my wife, and 9 year old, that would make DT blush. I guess I’m more of a happy winner. Most were younger kids of course. I’d beat my kids ****ing ass if he ever spoke to adults/anyone like that. Again, I know it happens everywhere... Win out, that would be great.

2022 - I’ll reach out closer to the game in Auburn. Have a gigantic tailgate planned, please feel free to come by. I really think that you will love the town, atmosphere. It will change your opinion of the South no doubt.

Thanks again for the excellent reception, it was 1st Class. Would most definitely come back.

War ****ing Eagle,

Dog

Last edited:
I agree the whiteout wasn’t as loud as in past years. Maybe it was because it’s often against OSU or Michigan who are both fun to hate and disrupt. No PSU fans I know hate Auburn so there wasn’t the high level of contempt for the opponent, all IMHO.

Sorry to hear about the loudmouths after the game. On my way out of the stadium there were several Auburn fans nearby, none of whom have anything rude directed toward them. But there weren’t any stupid drunk kids in the area either.

Thanks for your thoughts. I’m sorry for the negative exchanges after the game. Mature Penn State fans are typically classy… students are not yet mature, especially when combined with alcohol.

I am hoping to attend the game next year at Auburn. I spent a couple of years in Georgia while in the Army, so I have some idea of what the south is like.

let’s hope we both win out. I’m sure that Penn State fans will be rooting for you against Georgia, Alabama, and the rest of the SEC.

Thank you for visiting and your insight throughout the week. You’re definitely welcome here anytime, and look forward to our visit to your house next year.

Auburn played a great game. Nix played better than I expected without letting the atmosphere get to him, and you’ve got a couple of talented backs that I wish weren’t going to be there next year. Good luck in your remaining schedule. Now go win the SEC!

Tigers are a tough team. Bigsby and Hunter will cause lots of damage going forward. All the Auburn fans I met were great and, yes, unfortunately, college kids will do stupid college kid stuff. We look forward to visiting Auburn next year. Good luck going forward.

Reactions: Kellerdog
Pre-game/ Tailgate- A.
Awesome people, great little town, all good. (Except paying $186 for a parking pass (33) that was 3 counties over , and a mountain to cross. 🙂)

Game experience - A-
The crowd was amazing, every bit as good as any SEC venue. I thought that my initial thought on the White Out was correct. It’s great pageantry, but didn’t affect any particular play. IMO, of course. Thought that the officiating was terrible. We got the benefit of some crazy calls, also had a few bad ones against us. We should have run the ball more. It looked to me that we were gaining traction as the game progressed. Obviously impressed with Clifford, he was great. Game came down to a few key plays. PSU made them, Auburn didn’t. Really competitive game, that’s really all I was asking for.

Post game -C
Happens everywhere, but I saw/heard shit with my wife, and 9 year old, that would make DT blush. I guess I’m more of a happy winner. Most were younger kids of course. I’d beat my kids ****ing ass if he ever spoke to adults/anyone like that. Again, I know it happens everywhere... Win out, that would be great.

2022 - I’ll reach out closer to the game in Auburn. Have a gigantic tailgate planned, please feel free to come by. I really think that you will love the town, atmosphere. It will change your opinion of the South no doubt.

Thanks again for the excellent reception, it was 1st Class.

War ****ing Eagle,

Dog
You got ripped on the parking. Should have been $60 unless it was an RV lot.

The WO is a spectacle. Sometimes I think they had a rehearsal for all cheers and songs its so well choreographed. And the white pom poms really jump.
The tailgating is a massive party. Doubt any other school has so much parking immediately around the stadium which makes it unique. The town is small so game day is really crowded and traffic can be a true cluster f***k.
Glad your experience was overall a good one. Doubt I will make the game next year but would love to be there. Been in the South and it has great people.
And check in with us occasionally as the season progresses.

Post game -C
It's been that way for a long time, at least 20 years, and it is ugly. Not sure what can be done about it; gets bad at the night games. Just really crude language coming from immature people. It's sad.

I agree the whiteout wasn’t as loud as in past years. Maybe it was because it’s often against OSU or Michigan who are both fun to hate and disrupt. No PSU fans I know hate Auburn so there wasn’t the high level of contempt for the opponent, all IMHO.

Sorry to hear about the loudmouths after the game. On my way out of the stadium there were several Auburn fans nearby, none of whom have anything rude directed toward them. But there weren’t any stupid drunk kids in the area either.
At least he and his wife weren’t called pedos in front of his 9 year old. That’s a whole different level of ignorance.

Pre-game/ Tailgate- A.

Game experience - A-

Post game -C

Thanks again for the excellent reception, it was 1st Class. Would most definitely come back.

War ****ing Eagle,

Dog
Thanks KDog. You have been a great poster all week. Sorry to hear about the distasteful comments you had to endure from those drunks. We lived in South Carolina while stationed there in the Air Force. Love the South. Hope to get to the Plains next year unless I'm raptured out to Heaven. You have a very strong team that can win alot of games. Two stellar RBs, an experienced, solid QB, lots of team speed, aggressive defense, and a really good coaching staff. The future is bright for Auburn!

Game experience - A-
The crowd was amazing, every bit as good as any SEC venue. I thought that my initial thought on the White Out was correct. It’s great pageantry, but didn’t affect any particular play.

Burned at least one TO in 2nd half because of the noise. Don't think that had an impact on your last drive/clock going into the drive?

It's been that way for a long time, at least 20 years, and it is ugly. Not sure what can be done about it; gets bad at the night games. Just really crude language coming from immature people. It's sad.
First, Auburn fans were great. I walked post-game from stadium to West Deck with 5 of them and saw zero examples of bad behavior from PSU fans (of any age). Auburn folks loved the experience experience and said they were treated great.

In the past, if I witness our kids being disrespectful, I call it out. We are not Pitt or O$U for Christ’s sake and we should behave accordingly. It’s supposed to be fun.

Burned at least one TO in 2nd half because of the noise. Don't think that had an impact on your last drive/clock going into the drive?
Same with the fumble on first play of second half…thought that crowd rattled that kid on the play (folks watching at home told me the same.)

At least he and his wife weren’t called pedos in front of his 9 year old. That’s a whole different level of ignorance.
Irony is rich. Look it up dummy. Are you really this obtuse? Look that up too…

Pre-game/ Tailgate- A.

Game experience - A-

Post game -C

War ****ing Eagle,

Dog
Sorry that you encountered some A-holes after the game. Glad you enjoyed your visit.

Irony is rich. Look it up dummy. Are you really this obtuse? Look that up too…
So I spend the time to post a long response to why all the complaints about the officiating and how it goes beyond just this game and you respond with “lol” and you call me obtuse. That’s rich. And in another post you get your panties in a bunch about some drunk college kids swearing while Penn State fans have been getting called pedos for 10 years….one of us is obtuse and it’s not me.

So I spend the time to post a long response to why all the complaints about the officiating and how it goes beyond just this game and you respond with “lol” and you call me obtuse. That’s rich. And in another post you get your panties in a bunch about some drunk college kids swearing while Penn State fans have been getting called pedos for 10 years….one of us is obtuse and it’s not me.
OK. /

I don’t think he understands what you’re saying.

Thanks for your thoughts. I’m sorry for the negative exchanges after the game. Mature Penn State fans are typically classy… students are not yet mature, especially when combined with alcohol.

I am hoping to attend the game next year at Auburn. I spent a couple of years in Georgia while in the Army, so I have some idea of what the south is like.

let’s hope we both win out. I’m sure that Penn State fans will be rooting for you against Georgia, Alabama, and the rest of the SEC.
Yes, I will be rooting for them. I have a vested interest in this Auburn team now that i know the coaches and players. I have a soft spot for them now as well. I hope they find success the rest of the season and am already looking forward to next years game!

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Yes, I will be rooting for them. I have a vested interest in this Auburn team now that i know the coaches and players. I have a soft spot for them now as well. I hope they find success the rest of the season and am already looking forward to next years game!
Yeah, saw several interviews with Auburn players before the game. Seemed like good guys....confident but not cocky. Pretty classy guys from that small sample size.

Pre-game/ Tailgate- A.

Game experience - A-

Post game -C

War ****ing Eagle,

Dog
Considering I’m already quite fond of the South and have many pleasant memories of time spent there, I hope it doesn’t change my opinion. It’s a year away so I’m not yet sure if I’ll be able, but I certainly hope to join y’all in Auburn next September.

Meantime, thanks for stopping by our little Valley, and enjoy the rest of the season.

There were also at least two false starts and another two that should have been called that weren't. And I think the illegal substitution can also be attributed to crowd noise.

Reactions: grinagrin
Yeah, saw several interviews with Auburn players before the game. Seemed like good guys....confident but not cocky. Pretty classy guys from that small sample size.
Big thanks for your recommendation on shuttling vs. parking in a stadium lot. We took a back road that brought us into town right at the Giant on South Atherton with free parking on the shuttle route. Didn't hit one bit of traffic either way, super easy.

Big thanks for your recommendation on shuttling vs. parking in a stadium lot. We took a back road that brought us into town right at the Giant on South Atherton with free parking on the shuttle route. Didn't hit one bit of traffic either way, super easy.
Great way to get in and out if you aren’t bringing tailgating materials. Stress free. Fast. Cheap. Just wish they would run the service longer after the games.

Tailgating isn't as good as it used to be. Some pencil necks decided that it would be great to build the BJC, baseball field and hockey arena in what used to be primo tailgating lots. Its one of the reasons that I haven't been to a game in a few years. My last game we had to park in a cow pasture down the hill behind the east side of the stadium. It sucks that you can't even see the stadium from there and its a good 20 minute walk. They should've been built near the arboretum.

Pre-game/ Tailgate- A.

Game experience - A-

Post game -C

War ****ing Eagle,

Dog

Hey Doggie, just wanted to tell you that you seem like a good guy and I hope you enjoyed your trip to Happy Valley - I know you didn't get the result you were looking for, but hope you had a memorable experience in State College. We can agree to disagree on the SEC Officiating - I found it a complete embarrassment to the SEC, not Auburn... if you disagree, that's fine, it doesn't mean anything about my opinions of you - you've by-&-large been a gentleman on this board while hoping only the best for your team, and no one can blame you for that bro. Anyway, I hope you did enjoy your experience.

Hey Doggie, just wanted to tell you that you seem like a good guy and I hope you enjoyed your trip to Happy Valley - I know you didn't get the result you were looking for, but hope you had a memorable experience in State College. We can agree to disagree on the SEC Officiating - I found it a complete embarrassment to the SEC, not Auburn... if you disagree, that's fine, it doesn't mean anything about my opinions of you - you've by-&-large been a gentleman on this board while hoping only the best for your team, and no one can blame you for that bro. Anyway, I hope you did enjoy your experience.
Thanks. All good

ADVERTISEMENT