ADVERTISEMENT

Doesn't matter that Trace is only 6'0" tall?

Thus Spoke Mainer

Mar 6, 2012
How many knock down pass attempts were there? This could be the final difference in an upcoming game. He's still the still the man, but I hope the coaches can find a way to correct this trend.

Reactions: TheGLOV
How many knock down pass attempts were there? This could be the final difference in an upcoming game. He's still the still the man, but I hope the coaches can find a way to correct this trend.
Iowa knocked down or deflected 5 passes last night. Pitt knocked down 3 passes. Akron and Georgia State, none. 4 games and 8 knocked down passes, 2 per game average. Perhaps Moorhead can get this cleaned up.

He had a nice fake on the last drive where the IA DE bit hard on the pump. Need to employ that more IF he has the time.

Reactions: psu skp
I've heard the coaching staff has him hanging upside down to sleep. Seriously? The Iowa DL who knocked down most of them is 6'8". And I saw him up and close last year, he is that tall. Only recruit QBs who are 6'9" + going forward.

McSorely's size isn't the problem, it is the offensive line not giving him throwing lanes.
Now that's hilarious. There were multiple cases of him looking at one and only one option the entire time he dropped back, and that is the primary reason he had so many balls batted down.

This is really the first game I've seen where his height seemed to be an issue for those of us used to Kerry Collins or Tony Sacca as the QB size template. Part of it because Iowa is tall and was really well coached. I actually thought putting Stevens in for a while might have been a good idea to counteract that, but it looked like the coaches decided to roll him out more. I think the coaches made the right call. I like Stevens, but we haven't seen him yet in the clutch and McSorley shines there.

This is really the first game I've seen where his height seemed to be an issue for those of us used to Kerry Collins or Tony Sacca as the QB size template. Part of it because Iowa is tall and was really well coached. I actually thought putting Stevens in for a while might have been a good idea to counteract that, but it looked like the coaches decided to roll him out more. I think the coaches made the right call. I like Stevens, but we haven't seen him yet in the clutch and McSorley shines there.

Well, we'll never see Tommy in the clutch if Tommy don't get to play in the clutch.

If McSorley doesn't start; no more cupcakes for the team from Mrs. McSorley!! LOL!!

Iowa knocked down or deflected 5 passes last night. Pitt knocked down 3 passes. Akron and Georgia State, none. 4 games and 8 knocked down passes, 2 per game average. Perhaps Moorhead can get this cleaned up.

McSorley is going to wear lifts next week. Another miss by the equipment manager last night.

Yea, like start our 6'5" QB named Tommy Stevens!!!
To clarify, I NEVER said any of that is Trace's fault. I said PERHAPS MOORHEAD CAN GET THIS CLEANED UP, meaning find a better way to beat defenses that are engaging on the perimeter and then jumping in the air, rather than trying to rush the passer.

For the record, Iowa did both: They not only put tons of pressure on the passer, they also held up at times on the edges and batted down passes. Iowa played a tremendous game defensively, the best we've seen to date.

And we STILL had nearly 600 yards.

But to CLARIFY I DID NOT BLAME ANYONE ON THE FIELD, NOR DID I BLAME ANY COACHES. I said Moorhead can scheme for this now with certain playcalling sequences.

To clarify, I NEVER said any of that is Trace's fault. I said PERHAPS MOORHEAD CAN GET THIS CLEANED UP, meaning find a better way to beat defenses that are engaging on the perimeter and then jumping in the air, rather than trying to rush the passer.

For the record, Iowa did both: They not only put tons of pressure on the passer, they also held up at times on the edges and batted down passes. Iowa played a tremendous game defensively, the best we've seen to date.

But to CLARIFY I DID NOT BLAME ANYONE ON THE FIELD, NOR DID I BLAME ANY COACHES. I said Moorhead can scheme for this now with certain playcalling sequences.

I hear ya Bisbee.

All is good sir.

Reactions: BisbeeMike

Your caps lock button is broken again Gunny

I hear ya Bisbee.

All is good sir.

And a good day to you also Sir. I didn't know, you apparently are Tommy Stevens mother? See one of the above posts for that information, as apparently one of the posters on this board says you are Mrs Stevens?. Can you verify this?

McSorely's size isn't the problem, it is the offensive line not giving him throwing lanes.
They need to start hitting the defensive players in the gut to keep them down.

They need to start hitting the defensive players in the gut to keep them down.
I watched all three Iowa games pre PSU, and both Nelson and the other two DE's had specialized in knocking down passes. One of those DE's actually made an interception vs Iowa State and ran it back, which was a huge play for Iowa. I think many underestimated Iowa's playmaking abilities along the defensive front. They were excellent. Now, do they have the "War daddies" that Michigan and Ohio State have? Probably not, but they did what they do best. Different skill sets, and they took advantage of the problems we were having along the right side. Credit to Norm Parker, who has given us nightmares down through the years.

That's funny coming from Tommy Stevens mother, such a sad nut hugger you are.
TheGLOV is a bit infatuated with Tommy. As you point out, he's almost maternal. He is a man of unhealthy obsessions though. Let's not forget poor Amanda Knox. That was not maternal, but rather something ... well ... not sinister, but equally immoderate and unhealthy.

Last edited:
No player is perfect. If Trace could have the exact same accuracy, foot speed, quickness, and be 6' 5" tall, plus tougher to tackle, he would obviously be a better player.

But these things do come with compromises. There is no such thing as a 6' 4" running backs.....because of the balance and quickness loss that obviously doesn't compensate for the size benefit.

In the end, all that matters is this: Is he our best option? If so, conversation over. If not.....conversation also over.

john-terry-high-hee_673554c.jpg

TheGLOV is a bit infatuated with Tommy. As you point out, he's almost maternal. He is a man of unhealthy obsessions though. Let's not forget poor Amanda Knox. That was not maternal, but rather something ... well ... not sinister, but equally immoderate and unhealthy.

Pat Devlin had MarshCreek, Tommy has TheluvGlov. Hope Tommy sleeps with his doors locked and the shades closed.

Reactions: mn78psu83
No player is perfect. If Trace could have the exact same accuracy, foot speed, quickness, and be 6' 5" tall, plus tougher to tackle, he would obviously be a better player.

But these things do come with compromises. There is no such thing as a 6' 4" running backs.....because of the balance and quickness loss that obviously doesn't compensate for the size benefit.

In the end, all that matters is this: Is he our best option? If so, conversation over. If not.....conversation also over.
Except for #26

He had a nice fake on the last drive where the IA DE bit hard on the pump. Need to employ that more IF he has the time.
Yep, I loved that play. We could use that play and maybe something off of that, to help neutralize the batted passes or clogged lanes. Great example 86.

Reactions: demlion

Oh bit me my friend. U turned on me. Not nice. :p;):p

Amanda Knox is guilty just like OJ.

Nothing here spoken is even close to immoderate or unhealthy.

Discussion is good food.....even if your opinion is way off base sir.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT