ADVERTISEMENT

Does your dog love your BFF more than you?

Lion Son/Husband/Father

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2013
“we’re lake people”
I’m starting to get sad. Cubbs LOVES big Pete more than me and does anything he says. I’m a little bummed. Post pics of your dog.
QAlSUxK.jpg

Last edited:
God this thread makes me sad. I’ve had dogs all my life, the most wonderful companion anyone could hope for. Unfortunately they’ve all crossed what we now call the Rainbow Bridge. As close as we get to them and at my age I just can’t imagine leaving one with the pain I felt if I passed away first.

God this thread makes me sad. I’ve had dogs all my life, the most wonderful companion anyone could hope for. Unfortunately they’ve all crossed what we now call the Rainbow Bridge. As close as we get to them and at my age I just can’t imagine leaving one with the pain I felt if I passed away first.

If you are healthy enough at this time why not adopt a middle aged rescue? We put our 16 1/2 y/o "puppie" down this past April. We still talk about all of the great times we had with her. We will get another dog one day but for now we are enjoying some freedom. We do miss her big time.

[/QUOTE]
Dude, get a pooch, any pooch, and if something happens to you moms and I will adopt it. Totally serious

Last edited:
One of the best and hardest things the wife and i have done. On one hand, we were able to give Bowie (12-year-old pound pup) a couple of spoiled rotten years. But the time together was way too short, that being said I would suffer that heartache over and over knowing we gave that good boy a proper send-off.
If you are healthy enough at this time why not adopt a middle aged rescue? We put our 16 1/2 y/o "puppie" down this past April. We still talk about all of the great times we had with her. We will get another dog one day but for now we are enjoying some freedom. We do miss her big time.

Watching dog shows I always loved Akitas but the announcers always say 'As they were bred to protect Japanese royalty they are very protective and require a lot of socialization'

So how are they? Especially around strangers?
They are fine with people if socialized . Third one for us . I would be more worried about them being aggressive with another dog than bite a person . All ours have been good . No problems .
They are wary and not warm to people they don't know. They will stand between you and them , and keep an eye on the stranger. They will protect their own pack with no training really needed. It's already in the DNA.

Last edited:
Dude, get a pooch, any pooch, and if something happens to you moms and I will adopt it. Totally serious
[/QUOTE]
Already working on it boys. Just filled out the adoption application ( which today appears to be more involved than adopting a child ) and hopefully when they get back to me I’ll have a new friend. What amazed me was that they didn’t have many adoptable dogs. The lady on the phone said that due to COVID restrictions everyone wanted a friend. That’s a good thing for homeless dogs.

I once accepted a freebie puppy from a Cocopah indian. I also adopted one about 3 months old that dug under the fence near Los Algodones.
Lot's of REZ dogs here. It's general consensus they make the best companions. I don't agree to the individual, but they do seem to appreciate a roof over their head and a nice meal after running wild scavenging. Had a 'Chiweenie' with an ex that weighed 2.5 lbs when they picked her up. She's a nine pound dog normally........She's one fierce little gal. Awesome dog .

ADVERTISEMENT