ADVERTISEMENT

Does anyone know what happened to former PSU lineman Dick Maginnis

RTLH

Nov 7, 2001
Know he passed away.
Started on the Oline during our first NC.
Also Todd Blackledge's first roomate.

Know he passed away.
Started on the Oline during our first NC.
Also Todd Blackledge's first roomate.

Dick was a friend and teammate at State High. He past away due to illness. Died far too young. He was a great offensive lineman and a heck of a good shot putter in high school. Dick lived very near the track which at the time was behind the junior high. When we went on our run at the beginning of practice, we sometime would run over to his house and grab a snack and then run back to practice. The coaches never found out.

He was a great guy with a great family. Of course there is an award given to an offensive lineman in his memory each year.

Yes, he died of cancer on 9/9/89 at the age of 28. Mom is 86 and still lives in that house believe our not! The track is still in use too. The house was a revolving door and full of happy times back then. Thanks for sharing your kind memories of my brother. Made me smile.

Yes, he died of cancer on 9/9/89 at the age of 28. Mom is 86 and still lives in that house believe our not! The track is still in use too. The house was a revolving door and full of happy times back then. Thanks for sharing your kind memories of my brother. Made me smile.

Great to hear from you Cathy. We knew each other back in the day at State High. I hope you are well.

Chuck

Reactions: Cathyb123
ADVERTISEMENT