Votes: 19 10.3%
  • yes- I'm over 40

Votes: 88 47.6%
  • no- I'm under 40

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • no- I'm over 40

Votes: 71 38.4%

• Total voters
My fitbit has a clock on it... I mainly use it to get quick text messages and appointment alerts I get... does that count for this poll?

Seems like watches are going the way of the buggy whip- at least among the younger set. I was just curious what people here do- and yes, I still wear one.
Very seldom. I need a calendar more than i need a watch.

Wore a CITIZEN Eco-Drive Divers 200m for 30 years at a hatchery. Never removed it in water at work or swimming, or for any construction or mechanical task at work or home. Crystal was really scratched to hell and I was going to replace, then said to myself, "f it!" and replaced with a new one about a year ago. The one thing I do not remember, if indeed you even could with the original, this one if you left it in light for one hour - charged for life! I used sun light. Not sure if that was even necessary! Would highly recommended if looking for convenience and dependability!

Last edited:
I thought Hamilton watches are now made overseas, unless you have an older one.
Have both. Currently Hamilton is part of Swiss company and made in Switzerland. Very nice watch, Swiss movement ( no battery) and I love it.

I do. Don't always have or want my phone around.
FWIW, I boycott Rolex because Osama Bin Laben wore one.

Reactions: odshowtime
Seems like watches are going the way of the buggy whip- at least among the younger set. I was just curious what people here do- and yes, I still wear one.

Fitbit Charge 2. I consider it a watch even though that's not its primary role. Bought a couple stainless bands for it, looks decent.

I wear a Timex Ironman Triathlon, costing less than $40, mainly because I need a stopwatch when I’m lifting. I leave it on pretty much 24/7.
Ditto. But I did finally get a Garmin so I can change up my running routes without having to guesstimate mileage and pace.

Yes, I have a small collection (8) watches. One Tag Heuer and a few Invictas. I wear all of them at once so I know what time it is in eight different time zones.
Me too. But I have to admit it’s a pain to yank my pants down to check the time.

Reactions: psuro
Awhile ago someone asked me what time it was. I told him I thought it was summer. He asked if I could narrow it down a little better. I thought about it and answered I think it is after July 4th because I saw some fireworks recently.

I retired 13 years ago and I do not care what time it is. Now there are six Saturdays in the week and one Sunday. I can tell when it is Sunday because of all the lawn mowers running.

Garmin fenix 5 - use it as much for the GPS features (running, cycling, etc.) as for time-keeping.

Have both. Currently Hamilton is part of Swiss company and made in Switzerland. Very nice watch, Swiss movement ( no battery) and I love it.
FWIW - Hamilton and Bulova manufactured timing devices in Lancaster that were used for bombs during WW2. A lot of watch companies went under or were bought up by conglomerates after quartz watches were introduced around the 1970s or so. Quartz is more accurate and much cheaper than automatic or manual movements but they lack the workmanship and artistry IMHO. And now even Swiss watches contain a lot of parts which are manufactured in China.

I still use a buggy whip, but not on horses. That would be animal cruelty. All you PETA people, keep your hate in check, I'm horse and animal free.

The correct acronym for “pain in the ass” is PITA.

I wear a Casio G - Shock. Not expensive, but reliable. The battery lasts 5 or 6 years, when it dies, I buy a new one.

It appears that about 60% of us are watch wearers- I am honestly surprised.

Wear my Apple watch, love all the features for workouts, swimming, heart rate etc. I am 71. I can also take calls on it.

Last edited:
Just love the technology and craftsmanship of a good watch. Been so tempted to get a Grand Seiko spring drive. Just an incredible blend of technology and aesthetics, like a classic car.

I just turned 63
FitBit Charge 2 everyday except when my wife tells me to wear the Tag. Usually dressing up for an event she thinks the Fitbit is too informal. No jewelry ever.... including wedding band (35 years). 2 rubber bans on right hand, Travis Manion and Wounded Warrior Foundations. Thats it....

In retrospect, a memory just popped up! I was our company's RTO in nam and the platoon rto's were always requesting "Tango Charlies" (time checks). So a watch kind of became a tool of my trade and stuck with me! I digress, I carried this Bravo 1 secure radio that could be made secure with this device with multiple pins (probably over twenty). Had this shackle wheel and battalion would radio a set of numbers and letters and you'd line the specific numbers and letters up, set those pins and "punch" the radio and it would be secure between another one with the same security settings! Old school, high tech!

Reactions: Nitwit
In retrospect, a memory just popped up! I was our company's RTO in nam and the platoon rto's were always requesting "Tango Charlies" (time checks). So a watch kind of became a tool of my trade and stuck with me! I digress, I carried this Bravo 1 secure radio that could be made secure with this device with multiple pins (probably over twenty). Had this shackle wheel and battalion would radio a set of numbers and letters and you'd line the specific numbers and letters up, set those pins and "punch" the radio and it would be secure between another one with the same security settings! Old school, high tech!
Thank you for your service.

I love all of my watches. Heck I have 4 Japanese made watches that I bought for $20 each just because they looked interesting... they go through batteries like they are free, so I just use them for display now. LOL

My everyday is a Citizen Eco-Drive, if I'm going out for a 'casual dinner' and wearing blue I switch to the Tissot (blue face on SS) if I'm wearing green I will sometimes put on the Michael Korrs skeleton watch my wife bought me for my 45th, for formal events I wear the Omega Sea Master she gave me for my 50th - I used to wear my Great Great Uncle's pocket watch but I'm getting concerned it needs a cleaning and I haven't found a good place locally to take it.

I love all of my watches. Heck I have 4 Japanese made watches that I bought for $20 each just because they looked interesting... they go through batteries like they are free, so I just use them for display now. LOL

My everyday is a Citizen Eco-Drive, if I'm going out for a 'casual dinner' and wearing blue I switch to the Tissot (blue face on SS) if I'm wearing green I will sometimes put on the Michael Korrs skeleton watch my wife bought me for my 45th, for formal events I wear the Omega Sea Master she gave me for my 50th - I used to wear my Great Great Uncle's pocket watch but I'm getting concerned it needs a cleaning and I haven't found a good place locally to take it.
You own quite a range of watches. Enjoy them all.

ADVERTISEMENT