Votes: 88 47.6%
  • no- I'm under 40

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • no- I'm over 40

Votes: 71 38.4%

• Total voters

Nitt1300

Nov 2, 2008
Seems like watches are going the way of the buggy whip- at least among the younger set. I was just curious what people here do- and yes, I still wear one.

Seems like watches are going the way of the buggy whip- at least among the younger set. I was just curious what people here do- and yes, I still wear one.

I still use a buggy whip, but not on horses. That would be animal cruelty. All you PETA people, keep your hate in check, I'm horse and animal free.

Reactions: ralphster
I used to wear a watch, and a separate camera, and a separate GPS, and a separate music player.

Now I have an iPhone.
iu

It's basically my only daily wear accessory/piece of jewelry. I could obvious do without it because of my phone, but I like the way it looks.

Reactions: odshowtime
Amazingly, I have been wearing the same watch since the early 90s. I use to go thru watches every few years. Then I got a Bulova Quartz Accutron. Holy crap has that watch been great. Gone thru many watch bands and even had to have the face replaced. I wear it everyday. One more thing...I received it from my employer as a promotion gift. I did not buy it. Best gift ever.

I would have agreed with you on this prior to the Apple Watch....now almost everyone I see has an Apple Watch on. I wear one as does everyone in my family and everyone I work with.

Reactions: PSU_Nut
with the ubiquitousness of the mobile phone, watches have become just jewelry. I tried an apple watch but didn't like it. The new watch no longer needs an iPhone, which is interesting, but still have to have a phone (I guess, for the screen, if not for talking). So the watch is no longer a functioning tool but an accessory decoration.

Reactions: bison13
I don't wear any jewelry. Been married 35 plus years and don't have a wedding band. The only time I wore a watch was when I was coaching football to time segments at practices, etc. Now that I'm done coaching, I don't know where my watch is. I do like to buy jewelry for my wife.

I had stopped wearing one for a long time (10 years). This year I thought I would try a smart watch and like it way more than I thought I would. I hate sitting in meetings watching everyone checking their phone constantly. The smart watch let's me do a quick glance as things come without being obvious. I don't really use it to its full potential but I like getting email/text notifications to the watch.

I don't wear any jewelry. Been married 35 plus years and don't have a wedding band. The only time I wore a watch was when I was coaching football to time segments at practices, etc. Now that I'm done coaching, I don't know where my watch is. I do like to buy jewelry for my wife.
I hate jewelry, though I did wear a watch up until about 7 years ago. I wore my wedding ring for less than a day.

Some aspects of my job, almost daily, require timing things with a second hand, so I wear one all the time.

Reactions: LionJim
I re-started wearing a watch about 2 years ago. I probably went 10 years without wearing one, thinking it was redundant to my smart phone. Then one day I realized it was much easier to look down at my wrist than to pull a device out of my pocket when I needed to know the time. So, I started wearing watches again.

Wore a watch everyday prior to quarantine. Don’t think they’re going the way of horse and buggy any time soon. Still plenty if demand. Heck the waitlist for the Rolex I want is several years (at which point I still won’t be able to afford it, but besides the point).

Reactions: STPGopherfan
Have to wear a fitbit for work as we get discounts on health insurance via a points system and if i wear the fitbit (which i can buy with points from the program so it is free) then you get points for steps per day. I take it off at night and don't sleep with it.

As noted same as above, I have a nice Citizen Ecowatch that I wear literally only as jewelry when I go out to some important business meeting or to a party, etc...crazy thing is, the watch is so complicated to set the time that i literally wear it for jewelry purposes only as the time is not correct and to site it i have to log on line to find the user manual and it took about 10+ minutes to figure out how to set it. So i literally just have the watch on with a wrong time on it when i do wear it.

I stopped wearing a watch over 30 years ago. I had an epiphany and realized that I was surrounded by clocks: in my car, at work and on the wrists of my friends. Now I have a phone, so no need for a watch.

Wore a watch everyday prior to quarantine. Don’t think they’re going the way of horse and buggy any time soon. Still plenty if demand. Heck the waitlist for the Rolex I want is several years (at which point I still won’t be able to afford it, but besides the point).
I've always wanted a Corum and I used to want a Rado. Reality says no, but one can still dream right. So many awesome watches! It's one of the few universally accepted pieces of jewelry for men.

Reactions: Nitwit
I had stopped wearing one for a long time (10 years). This year I thought I would try a smart watch and like it way more than I thought I would. I hate sitting in meetings watching everyone checking their phone constantly. The smart watch let's me do a quick glance as things come without being obvious. I don't really use it to its full potential but I like getting email/text notifications to the watch.
Same here....I didn’t think I would like it but my coworkers kept telling me I would love it....tried it and I wear it all the time. Great for meetings and for not needing to have your phone with you all the time. I bought my wife one for Christmas even though she said she would never wear one and she loves hers too.

ADVERTISEMENT