ADVERTISEMENT

Do you see a familiar profile in the cloud or is it just me?

john4psu

Sep 7, 2003
GrN29rd.jpg

I wouldn't have seen it without your prompting.

Great book by Michael Shermer called The Believing Brain. Covers pattern recognition among other things.

I was going to respond to this thread with a lewd comment about 2 girls making out or something.

But yeah......PSU football will never be the same without him. As great as we are or become, it’ll probably never have the same kind of meaning to me without Joe.
Then why are you on this board?
Why even watch the games?
This program is waaaaaaaaaaaay more than one man, who hung on 15 years past his prime.

Reactions: PSU123281
This program is waaaaaaaaaaaay more than one man, who hung on 15 years past his prime.

Imagine that your grandpa dies and years later your sibling says “this family has never been the same without him”.

Do you then respond with “get over it! Gramps held on too long anyway. Go find a new family!” ?

What a stupid post.

Imagine that your grandpa dies and years later your sibling says “this family has never been the same without him”.

Do you then respond with “get over it! Gramps held on too long anyway. Go find a new family!” ?

What a stupid post.
We’ll agree to disagree.

We'll agree your post was idiotic.
He built a program that is based on a foundation that has withstood the greatest demolition attempts any school has ever had to overcome. Not just football wouldn’t have reached it’s level of success, but the entire university would not have the success, brand and recognition it has today if it weren’t for his positive influence, integrity and vision that established him in his time as one of the greatest leaders in college sports.

Last edited:
That wasn’t his point, not that I would expect you to understand that. One can love and enjoy PSU football, and believe it has a bright future, while simultaneously recognizing that it will never be the same without the presence of the most meaningful figure in its history.

What a stupid post.
You said it better than me!

That wasn’t his point, not that I would expect you to understand that. One can love and enjoy PSU football, and believe it has a bright future, while simultaneously recognizing that it will never be the same without the presence of the most meaningful figure in its history.

Well said, thank you.

It's also a personal issue for me, just as I'm sure it's personal for many here. I grew up in the midwest with no obvious connection to PA or PSU football. But my dad is from NJ and loved Joe. Introduced me to PSU football when I was young, and took me to PSU games when they traveled to Illinois. I associate Joe and PSU football with my father, and will always share that with him.

As much as I respect CJF, he could win the next 5 national titles and PSU football still wouldn't be the same to me as it was during the Joe years. Human beings are by nature sentimental creatures.

Last edited:
Reactions: 91Joe95

What a stupid post.
You weren’t related to him, except in your own head.

ADVERTISEMENT