ADVERTISEMENT

DJ Durkin - candidate for better positions??/

blion72

Jan 1, 2010
this guy seems to be doing a better job at Md than one would think is possible. his name doesnt seem to surface with the top jobs when they are open (i.e. Florida, UCLA, Texas AM, Miss St, etc). what is wrong with him. have to believe if the UMich job was open they might come knocking.

Maybe schools want to see what he can do with his recruits before pinning their hopes on him. He is still only 10-15 at Maryland, 5-13 in conference. Their QB issues this year are well known, but his record is still his record and the luster wore off that Texas win.

this guy seems to be doing a better job at Md than one would think is possible. his name doesnt seem to surface with the top jobs when they are open (i.e. Florida, UCLA, Texas AM, Miss St, etc). what is wrong with him. have to believe if the UMich job was open they might come knocking.
aside from recruiting, I'm not clear on what the evidence is that he's doing a better job at Md than one would think is possible. I haven't seen a team fold as quickly as maryland did against us in a very long timer.

Reactions: Madsol

I'm still waiting for that big second half comeback by Maryland which you said was going to happen.

For the money UCLA, aTm, and Florida were willing to pay they got coaches with much better resumes than Durkin. Miss State wouldn't have gotten Durkin for the money it's paying Moorhead.

I don't know. Durkin looks like he's getting up there in age to me.

9u11lc.jpg

aside from recruiting, I'm not clear on what the evidence is that he's doing a better job at Md than one would think is possible. I haven't seen a team fold as quickly as maryland did against us in a very long timer.

Exactly. That was embarrassing. We could have hung a hundred on them if we wanted. And with that goofy smirk on Durkin's face the whole time I couldn't tell if he was happy, mad or just insane. He's got a loooooong way to show to show he's deserving of a bigger job.

Maybe schools want to see what he can do with his recruits before pinning their hopes on him. He is still only 10-15 at Maryland, 5-13 in conference. Their QB issues this year are well known, but his record is still his record and the luster wore off that Texas win.
66 - 3 loss at home to PSU was pretty ugly. But I'll give Durkin a pass for 2017. Losing 2 highly skilled QBs is a tough one to recover from.

66 - 3 loss at home to PSU was pretty ugly. But I'll give Durkin a pass for 2017. Losing 2 highly skilled QBs is a tough one to recover from.
You can give him a pass on the Offense but the other two phases were pretty bad. And you can add coaching to the pretty bad list too if you want.

Reactions: Howie'81

He's real close. Everybody knows he's a genius. I think he needs six wins next season and then he'll be ready to replace Belichik .

Reactions: ThePennsyOracle
He smiles more than any coach getting his ass handed to him that I’ve ever seen. Does that count for something?

That was kind of weird. He had kind of cried his way through the PSU game in 2016, and maybe someone had talked to him about trying to look more positive, but all the smiles seemed artificial.

He brought in a good recruiting class last year, their talent level is rising and if he can keep his QBs healthy, they should be improved this year maybe quite a bit.

But I'd guess the days of competitive games with PSU are over. They were just not not anywhere near competitive up front on either side of the ball, and that is not going to change any time soon the way Franklin is recruiting.

He smiles more than any coach getting his ass handed to him that I’ve ever seen. Does that count for something?
I thought you knew it takes a decade to turn a football program around at a basketball school. Clearly, Bob, you need to spend more time on the basketball threads around here so you can be educated by the apologists on this board.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT