ADVERTISEMENT

District 4/9 Championships

Str8DBLz

Feb 2, 2019
Has anyone ever seen this type of madness? Brackets are being redrawn after weigh-ins for 138, 145 and 152 due to the #1 seed at 138 not following his weight plan.

Lots of seeding madness goes on. Definitely happened at D4 duals this year and allowed Line Mountain to walk to the finals. Not that they didn't deserve it but arguably the best 3 teams were on the same side of the bracket.

So the wrestler bumped up to 145 or 152?

Reactions: Str8DBLz
#1 at 138 moving to 145 which is causing kids to leave 145 for 152.

Lots of seeding madness goes on. Definitely happened at D4 duals this year and allowed Line Mountain to walk to the finals. Not that they didn't deserve it but arguably the best 3 teams were on the same side of the bracket.

So the wrestler bumped up to 145 or 152?

I'm interested to see Lear and Garcia if they both make the finals at 160. Lear is a tough kid but needs to stay on his offense. He is a heck of a counter wrestler and Garcia is aggressive, should be a good one.

Biscoe (returning state 2nd) is the top seed based on his seeding points this year...not sure what else they would have done. Strickland rightly received the 3rd seed

Biscoe (returning state 2nd) is the top seed based on his seeding points this year...not sure what else they would have done. Strickland rightly received the 3rd seed
Seymour is returning state champ and was undefeated heading into districts. So he's ahead on both placement points and win %.

Biscoe has 4 losses.

Biscoe must have gotten a ton of competition points.

Yes, Biscoe's level of competition earned him enough points to be awarded the top seed. It's not like Troy is hitting the tournaments that SOCO is. That's the difference as crazy as it sounds.

Don't get that station in Mill Hall. Used to in watsontown. That sucks would love to watch the finals. Haven't been to Williamsport high school to watch in years.
Luckily we have it here in Lewisburg. Hoping they do regional's next week.

Luckily we have it here in Lewisburg. Hoping they do regional's next week.
I used to live there. Bucknell alum but Penn state fan go figure are you from Lewisburg. Do you remember that kid that wrestled middlewight. Toretta I think his name was. Had legs like tree trunks.

Any updates on finals
Sorry stepped away

106 Cade Wirnsberger (Meadowbrook Christian) MD Ethan Kolb (Benton), 8-0 (Bucknell coach's son)
113 Scott Johnson (Muncy) DEC Gavin Bradley (Athens), 5-4
120 Kole Biscoe (Southern Columbia) DEC Gable Strickland (Benton), 1-0
126 Jacob Blair (Muncy) DEC Gabe Gramly (Mifflinburg), 4-1
132 Kyler Crawford (Milton) DEF Bryce Vollman (Muncy)
138 Patrick Edmondson (Southern Columbia) DEC Clayton Reed (Mifflinburg), 3-1
145 Nathan Higley (Sullivan County) DEC Avery Bassett (Midd-West), 8-4
152 Wesley Barnes (Southern Columbia) F Logan Newton (Wyalusing), 1:35
160 Gavin Garcia (Southern Columbia) DEC Nolan Lear (Benton), 3-2
170 Cael Crebs (Montoursville) DEC Cade Linn (Southern Columbia), 5-0
182 Dylan Bennett (Montoursville) DEC Jacob Feese (Line Mountain), 5-3
195 Gaige Garcia (Southern Columbia) F Garrett Storch (Canton), 0:55
220 Cameron Wood (Montoursville) DEC Max Tillett (Southern Columbia), 6-4
285 Lear Quinton (Southern Columbia) DEC Emmanuel Ulrich (Mifflinburg), 10-6

Reactions: Hotshoe and danoftw
Sorry stepped away

106 Cade Wirnsberger (Meadowbrook Christian) MD Ethan Kolb (Benton), 8-0 (Bucknell coach's son)
Thanks for the updates. Oh and is Crawford from Milton any relation to Bobby Crawford

Reactions: danoftw
Sorry stepped away

Crebs is Lycoming's coach's son

Looks like Cunningham lost SV in District 6 finals. He was the #2 seed. From afar, it looks like he is getting better - but making that judgement on this result. Will be interesting to see how he does in regionals.

Bobby Crawford was a four timer. I remember watching him. Tall and lanky kid
Two things come to mind.

First, I watched Crawford win his titles. He was the craziest S.O.B. to watch. When he went to his back, it was the other guy that was in trouble. He was one of two guys I can think of off the top of my head who was both AA and AAA champ. Gullibon was the other.

Here is one of his state finals:

Second, what the heck happened to normal names? The D4 finals looks like a convention of yuppies. Not one Bob, or Dave or Mike or John. Just sayin'

Last edited:
Reactions: danoftw
Two things come to mind.

First, I watched Crawford win his titles. He was the craziest S.O.B. to watch. When he went to his back, it was the other guy that was in trouble. He was one of two guys I can think of off the top of my head who was both AA and AAA champ. Gullibon was the other.

Here is one of his state finals:

Second, what the heck happened to normal names? The D4 finals looks like a convention of yuppies. Not one Bob, or Dave or Mike or John. Just sayin'

Thanks for sharing that was a good high scoring match. Names change over time. In the wrestling world I've been seeing a lot of Cael's, Gable's, and my favorite...Bo.

The Shikellamy coaches didn’t realize that the weight loss plan shut off the Friday before Sectionals across the state. They thought he had until their post season started which was this last weekend. Yes it was their fault and should’nt happen, but as first year head coach I can see it happening.

I think the right thing to do was to allow him to move up and also the 145 to 152 since there was an open spot after their 152 dropped out It was not done for a competitive advantage. It was a mistake. He moved into a tougher weight in the region

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT