ADVERTISEMENT

Did they really just reinstate football only?

JoeBot409

Nov 5, 2017
The B10 looks so bad, I can't even put it into words. They are bringing back only the money making sport and they put in these ridiculous testing thresholds all will university presidents let the COVID run wild on their campuses. If this goes bad for the college football, only the B10 will have to answer for it. They are flip-floppers... no one else flip-flopped like they did. They look weak, they look stupid, and they look incompetent. Now they are using these POS rapid test that are $60-$70 a test and saying science and facts are why it is safe to play. Take a look at your student body population, it is a COVID hot zone. When did Rob Manfred start calling the shots for the B10? West Virginia, Marshall, and Florida State were able to get this right... but then again those are our new peers if you look at the University rankings.

The B10 looks so bad, I can't even put it into words. They are bringing back only the money making sport and they put in these ridiculous testing thresholds all will university presidents let the COVID run wild on their campuses. If this goes bad for the college football, only the B10 will have to answer for it. They are flip-floppers... no one else flip-flopped like they did. They look weak, they look stupid, and they look incompetent. Now they are using these POS rapid test that are $60-$70 a test and saying science and facts are why it is safe to play. Take a look at your student body population, it is a COVID hot zone. When did Rob Manfred start calling the shots for the B10? West Virginia, Marshall, and Florida State were able to get this right... but then again those are our new peers if you look at the University rankings.

The NCAA has already pushed back the NCAA championships for all fall sports until the spring so no reason for those sports to start up now.

From our fearless leader... explaining on why he voted to restart fall sports although have no idea to him what "fall sports" means...

For these reasons, I voted to resume fall sports, beginning on Oct. 23 for football. This date ensures that we have as full a season as possible based on the implementation of the testing strategy. The Big Ten will also follow the medical team recommendation that stadium attendance be limited to families of student-athletes and athletic staff. Health and safety will determine if a team can enter an individual competition. As was true for the decision on Aug. 11, the health and safety of our athletes was and will continue to be the deciding factor for Penn State.

• Haha
Reactions: N&B4PSU

So you want them to shut down all universities? Bitch much, do you? Complain when they don't play and then complain when they do.

Probably anyone in a position to gripe is just happy that football is keeping their sport funded.

This decision was about one thing and one thing only - M O N E Y!

If the other fall sports returned a profit to their institutions, they would soon be playing as well.

I don't know if there is anyone on this board that bitches, moans and complains as much as you. And that is quite an achievement on this board.

Warren said yesterday they're still actively discussing a return for other fall sports

So you want them to shut down all universities? Bitch much, do you? Complain when they don't play and then complain when they do.
Let you know when we actually play... the league looks like they are hoping it all goes to hell so they can easily back out.

I doubt any of us is unhappy that we're supposed to play... but I think most of us recognize that oct 23rd is a bad joke... it's 5 weeks from now. We'll have gone on a 3 week vacation before they begin... and that vacation begins in 2 weeks lol. We get back just in time for "opening day."

Presuming there still is an opening day.

Reactions: JustinTyme
Also bad is if any team has a positivity percentage of 5% or more they are done. LSU said nearly all of their players have had it. Texas Tech said 70 players have had it. With that rule and the 21 day rule there is no way the Bigten can finish the season. They have set themselves up to fail.

Regardless, the whole thing is silly. You miss 3 weeks if you have a positive test. That is half the season.

Do you know what the SEC policy is? Because the Auburn coach said 17 days. Would you be much happier if it was 17 days? The theory behind it is you are out for 14 days with a positive and then need 5 days to recondition since you have not been practicing. While it makes it difficult on coaches and players (and fans, LOL), really not that crazy of an idea.

Reactions: Sullivan
Do you know what the SEC policy is? Because the Auburn coach said 17 days. Would you be much happier if it was 17 days? The theory behind it is you are out for 14 days with a positive and then need 5 days to recondition since you have not been practicing. While it makes it difficult on coaches and players (and fans, LOL), really not that crazy of an idea.
Actually CDC protocol is 10 days from start of symptoms or if asymptomatic a positive test. If you have contact with someone that was positive you are quarantined for 14 days since you last contact with them

Too bad we can't get high school sports here in Maryland started back up. Funny how the state canceled all fall and winter sports, yet my 15 year old daughter is playing rec softball and my 11 year old son is playing travel soccer.

Actually CDC protocol is 10 days from start of symptoms or if asymptomatic a positive test. If you have contact with someone that was positive you are quarantined for 14 days since you last contact with them

That's great, and I am aware they changed from 14 to 10. That is not the SEC policy according to the Auburn coach, or the Big10 policy.

Sports and how people have been and are complaining about them is like a real-life version of "If you give a mouse a cookie" as in most of you seemingly are never happy, and always want more.

Too bad we can't get high school sports here in Maryland started back up. Funny how the state canceled all fall and winter sports, yet my 15 year old daughter is playing rec softball and my 11 year old son is playing travel soccer.

Liability, liability, liability.

Liability, liability, liability.

I disagree, if they let the high school sports play, then it is up to the parents whether they play or not. Just like it was for me and whether my son was going to play travel soccer or my daughter to play rec softball. Just like players can opt out of the college season if they choose. If Maryland lets high school sports play, there is nothing that says you have to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT