ADVERTISEMENT

Did Clifford really get injured?

PSUWrestlingFanSince2011

Mar 22, 2022
Or was Franklin just protecting him from embarassment? He's too over protective of his starting QBs.

Remember Hackenbergs last year? He was horrible all year and never even let McSorely sniff the field bc he was afraid of upsetting Hack. Hackenberg gets injured in the bowl game vs Georgia after another horrendous performance, and McSorely comes in and was on fire. Almost led us to a miracle comeback.

JF needs to stop protecting Clifford and let Allar play. Will Allar be the next McSorely? Maybe. But one thing that we know for sure is that Clifford is as bad if not worse as Hack in his final season.

And don't give me that shit about Hack being a 2nd round pick. Any real PSU fan knows that Hack lost his confidence after his freshman year and was not a good QB after that.

I've seen more than one game when Trace limped back onto the field and Hackenberg did.

Or was Franklin just protecting him from embarassment? He's too over protective of his starting QBs.

Remember Hackenbergs last year? He was horrible all year and never even let McSorely sniff the field bc he was afraid of upsetting Hack. Hackenberg gets injured in the bowl game vs Georgia after another horrendous performance, and McSorely comes in and was on fire. Almost led us to a miracle comeback.

JF needs to stop protecting Clifford and let Allar play. Will Allar be the next McSorely? Maybe. But one thing that we know for sure is that Clifford is as bad if not worse as Hack in his final season.

And don't give me that shit about Hack being a 2nd round pick. Any real PSU fan knows that Hack lost his confidence after his freshman year and was not a good QB after that.
Do you think any QB was going to succeed behind that offensive performance? All of it. Play calling, scheme, blocking? We get it, you don't like Clifford. Are we going to have to suffer through 8,000 more of these posts this year?

Wow, there is nothing even close to factual in this comment. If Trace played in 2014, we finish with 9 losses. And no, Trace was not on fire in the bowl game. He stunk up the joint until Georgia went prevent only. If Franklin benches Clifford ( and his mobility) we lose, a lot and risk ruining a QB just like he Fed up Hack's career before it started. Clifford is the only path to a decent bowl game. That is it.

Reactions: LandoComando

He did take a pretty solid hit on the sideline. Can't remember, but that seemed like his last play.

And don't give me that shit about Hack being a 2nd round pick. Any real PSU fan knows that Hack lost his confidence after his freshman year and was not a good QB after tma

Allar needs to be much better than Trace.

Franklin said Clifford didn't feel comfortable throwing. Could he have been hurt before the game? The play calling seemed more focused on establishing the run.

How good is Clifford?
Considerably better than Trace. 2018 showed what kind of player Trace was. Once Barkley, Gesicki, Godwin and Hamilton were gone, he came crashing down. The fact that Sean Clifford as a first year starter was considerably better than Trace at his best while playing with less talent (significantly less than Trace's best) while playing the hardest schedule we have faced under Franklin says it all. It really isn't all that close.

Considerably better than Trace. 2018 showed what kind of player Trace was. Once Barkley, Gesicki, Godwin and Hamilton were gone, he came crashing down. The fact that Sean Clifford as a first year starter was considerably better than Trace at his best while playing with less talent (significantly less than Trace's best) while playing the hardest schedule we have faced under Franklin says it all. It really isn't all that close.
Not sure if serious

Not sure if serious
The facts are what they are. Compare 2018 to 2019. Trace, third year starter. He was below average for a run first dual threat QB. In comes Clifford. Similar talent, harder schedule and he played better than Trace did with Barkley and company, and not by a little bit either.

The facts are what they are. Compare 2018 to 2019. Trace, third year starter. He was below average for a run first dual threat QB. In comes Clifford. Similar talent, harder schedule and he played better than Trace did with Barkley and company, and not by a little bit either.
Ok bud.....

Trace was a very good college QB. Current comparison would be Stetson Bennett. Imagine if we had a comparable defense to UGA during Trace's tenure. Or Clifford's. Lol

As for the current situation, I don't know the proper answer. Clifford is who he is and Allar is a ton of potential. We already have trouble sustaining drives so why not play both?

If we don't make schematic changes vs Minnesota defensively, it isn't going to matter who is at QB, ya know?

Reactions: royboy
Clifford taking 1st team reps in practice. He wasnt ****ing injured. We have a coach lying about injuries to cover for his chosen one, Clifford, ladies and gentleman.

He did take a pretty solid hit on the sideline. Can't remember, but that seemed like his last play.
He got JACKED UP! It was bad...like, I LOVE Cliffy and I was like feeling the pain from that hit. I think it was the kind where your legs fly our really quick and he either hit back onto his shoulder area or helmet. The play or at least one angle was screened by some players if I recall, but the replay shows the blow and Sean got lit up. They would have had to helicopter me out of there. I wouldn't have made it through that hit.

He got JACKED UP! It was bad...like, I LOVE Cliffy and I was like feeling the pain from that hit. I think it was the kind where your legs fly our really quick and he either hit back onto his shoulder area or helmet. The play or at least one angle was screened by some players if I recall, but the replay shows the blow and Sean got lit up. They would have had to helicopter me out of there. I wouldn't have made it through that hit.
Cliffy’s is one tough dude.

Reactions: PSUALREADYKNOW
ADVERTISEMENT