ADVERTISEMENT

Did anyone think Bates-Diop quit on his team last night?

bigwill57

Jan 9, 2004
Seemed to me he kind of gave up in the 1H after things weren’t going the Buckeyes way. Seemed to be pouting and going through the motions on the court. Granted Reeves was in his jock the entire night. But still, potential Big Ten player of the year, NBA prospect & you just quit on your team? Can’t be looked upon favorably by either his coaching staff or scouts.

I could see this OSU team falling apart after that loss. Seems like they have some big issues to resolve before March or they could be taking an early exit

Agree 100%. I sit 4 rows behind the visitors bench and his body language, facial expressions and overall demeanor were among the worst I’ve ever seen from an opposing “star” player in all the years I’ve been sitting there. He was not engaged with his teammates or his coaches in any way from about the 15 minute mark on.

Seemed to me he kind of gave up in the 1H after things weren’t going the Buckeyes way. Seemed to be pouting and going through the motions on the court. Granted Reeves was in his jock the entire night. But still, potential Big Ten player of the year, NBA prospect & you just quit on your team? Can’t be looked upon favorably by either his coaching staff or scouts.

I could see this OSU team falling apart after that loss. Seems like they have some big issues to resolve before March or they could be taking an early exit

Reactions: Ranger Dan
I think it's ridiculous that guys like KBD get all of the attention because they play for teams that have more storied basketball histories or because they have more pro potential. Carr has outplayed KBD in both of their head to head opportunities.

Carr was great last night but a few of the PSU guys need to talk a lot less to the refs. Seems like Carr is complaining to the refs after every shot he takes. That is not going to help you get calls. Just stay quiet and do your thing. He was special last night. Stevens is another guy who could back off the chatter to the refs.

Reactions: bison13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT