ADVERTISEMENT

Deshaun Watson gets six-game suspension

Which makes Kobe’s case rather interesting. He made the statement after charges were dropped because the accuser wouldn’t testify. The statement also included an agreement with the accuser that the statement would not be used in the civil case. They settled the civil case afterward.

then….he allegedly settled with his wife with an absurd Diamond ring, among likely other ways.
So what is perplexing is that Kobe is considered a great guy, even before his death, and Watson is a pariah

Reactions: RussianEagle
Ben wasn’t a good guy but that is a different case. Hard to make comparisons. Ben‘s actions were indefensible unless you want to call it equal levels of intoxication equals consent which goes on every weekend on college campuses. He had one other incident in Vegas but nothing much came from that.

But I will try to explain my opinion one more time. I am not claiming Watson committed a crime beyond solicitation. Facts at a trial may show he crossed a line but I am unsure. What I do know is that his MO is troubling and he wasn’t seeking sexual gratification. He was seeking the thrill of the kill by “seducing” these women with an overly complicated fantasy game. Same game every time. If he tried it a couple times for fun, I would not think much about. But he turned it into a game of power and he needs to address that reality or he will find himself upping the game and consequences later.
Not a Ben fan, but just asking: Was Ben convicted of anything?

Reactions: RussianEagle
L
So what is perplexing is that Kobe is considered a great guy, even before his death, and Watson is a pariah
Like all time great guy. Then again, the NFL made Ray Lewis the face of the league after being a group of three people that became 2 people and a dead guy but nobody knew what happened….so….

L

Like all time great guy. Then again, the NFL made Ray Lewis the face of the league after being a group of three people that became 2 people and a dead guy but nobody knew what happened….so….
I forgot about him. IIRC, he also ditched his clothing and didn't cooperate with investigators. In fact, told all of the people involved to keep quiet.

I forgot about him. IIRC, he also ditched his clothing and didn't cooperate with investigators. In fact, told all of the people involved to keep quiet.

I think it was pretty well established that Lewis basically paid off his friend to take the fall for him for the murder.

ADVERTISEMENT