ADVERTISEMENT

DEs for tomorrow?

NedFromYork

Aug 29, 2001
It looks like BlueWhite is predicting Tarburton and Smith Vilbert. Is that offcial or chance they leave Luketa at DE? Tarburton and Luketa make a solid combo, I know LB is thin but I'd rather not weaken two positions and use somebody else at LB. Looking forward to the game tomorrow, going in person with my son!

It looks like BlueWhite is predicting Tarburton and Smith Vilbert. Is that offcial or chance they leave Luketa at DE? Tarburton and Luketa make a solid combo, I know LB is thin but I'd rather not weaken two positions and use somebody else at LB. Looking forward to the game tomorrow, going in person with my son!
Ned hope you and your son have a great time and see a Lion win!

I think the goal is to not burn more than 1 of the 2 RSs that could be burned at LB. If we are concerned about giving youth playing time, why not give it to DEs that won't burn a RS vs LBs that will?

Reactions: NedFromYork
Stop with the not burning redshirts, this isn’t 1992. If the players are good enough as true freshman to play then you play them. Fact the is if they are that good they will only be here 3-4 years anyhow.

from now on the only people that should redshirt are interior de and most ol.

Stop with the not burning redshirts, this isn’t 1992. If the players are good enough as true freshman to play then you play them. Fact the is if they are that good they will only be here 3-4 years anyhow.

I'm not advocating for the RSs to be preserved. I'm just projecting what I think the staff is attempting.

Amen!!
If they’re that good, get them game reps and be prepared for them to leave after three or four years. They sure as hell won’t be sticking around for five years.

Reactions: bison13
Screw the redshirts. You can’t count on these kids past 3 yrs anyway.... there are no freshmen at this time of the year! Put me in the game coach. Play’em all Jimmy Franks. It’s a exhibition game.
100%!!!!!!

Screw the redshirts. You can’t count on these kids past 3 yrs anyway.... there are no freshmen at this time of the year! Put me in the game coach. Play’em all Jimmy Franks. It’s a exhibition game.
So true. I completely agree. These kids aren't going to stay 4 years anyway. Play them.

Reactions: Texas Lion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT