Dershowitz sets the nazi wannabe's straight....

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003

Justice Department should have subpoenaed documents, not raided Trump’s home​

Dershowitz is a legal scholar and Harvard graduate.

https://thehill.com/opinion/judicia...-subpoenaed-documents-not-raided-trumps-home/

The decision by the Justice Department to conduct a full-scale morning raid on former President Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home does not seem justified, based on what we know as of now. If it is true that the basis of the raid was the former president’s alleged removal of classified material from the White House, that would constitute a double standard of justice.

There were no raids, for example, on the homes of Hillary Clinton or former Clinton administration national security adviser Sandy Berger for comparable allegations of mishandling official records in the recent past. Previous violations of the Presidential Records Act typically have been punished by administrative fines, not criminal prosecution. Perhaps there are legitimate reasons for applying a different standard to Trump’s conduct, but those are not readily obvious at this stage.

The more appropriate action would have been for a grand jury to issue a subpoena for any boxes of material that were seized and for Trump’s private safe that was opened. That would have given Trump’s lawyers the opportunity to challenge the subpoena on various grounds — that some of the material was not classified; that previous classified material was declassified by Trump; that other documents may be covered by various privileges, such as executive or lawyer-client.

Instead, the FBI apparently seized everything in view and will sort the documents and other material without a court deciding which ones are appropriately subject to Justice Department seizure.

For zealous Trump haters, anything done to Trump is justified. For zealous Trump lovers, nothing done to him is ever justified. For the majority of moderate, thoughtful Americans, however, the Justice Department’s raid likely seems — at least at this point in time — to be unjust or needlessly confrontational.

RoyalT12

Dec 3, 2020

https://thehill.com/opinion/judicia...-subpoenaed-documents-not-raided-trumps-home/

The decision by the Justice Department to conduct a full-scale morning raid on former President Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home does not seem justified, based on what we know as of now. If it is true that the basis of the raid was the former president’s alleged removal of classified material from the White House, that would constitute a double standard of justice.

There were no raids, for example, on the homes of Hillary Clinton or former Clinton administration national security adviser Sandy Berger for comparable allegations of mishandling official records in the recent past. Previous violations of the Presidential Records Act typically have been punished by administrative fines, not criminal prosecution. Perhaps there are legitimate reasons for applying a different standard to Trump’s conduct, but those are not readily obvious at this stage.

The more appropriate action would have been for a grand jury to issue a subpoena for any boxes of material that were seized and for Trump’s private safe that was opened. That would have given Trump’s lawyers the opportunity to challenge the subpoena on various grounds — that some of the material was not classified; that previous classified material was declassified by Trump; that other documents may be covered by various privileges, such as executive or lawyer-client.

Instead, the FBI apparently seized everything in view and will sort the documents and other material without a court deciding which ones are appropriately subject to Justice Department seizure.

For zealous Trump haters, anything done to Trump is justified. For zealous Trump lovers, nothing done to him is ever justified. For the majority of moderate, thoughtful Americans, however, the Justice Department’s raid likely seems — at least at this point in time — to be unjust or needlessly confrontational.
🤣🤣 yes he is certainly an impartial “expert”. Sure subpoenas are nice unless course you don’t trust the other party to not to destroy the evidence or you believe there are exigent circumstances that evidence might be say sold to someone in the immediate future. You are a treasure- Dershowitz is so far up Trumps ass he knows what he had for lunch. You people are the most gullible pathetic humans on the planet/ this is embarrassing. But please keep on embracing this nonsense if it keeps you from committing self-harm.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
🤣🤣 yes he is certainly an impartial “expert”. Sure subpoenas are nice unless course you don’t trust the other party to not to destroy the evidence or you believe there are exigent circumstances that evidence might be say sold to someone in the immediate future. You are a treasure- Dershowitz is so far up Trumps ass he knows what he had for lunch. You people are the most gullible pathetic humans on the planet/ this is embarrassing. But please keep on embracing this nonsense if it keeps you from committing self-harm.

Dershowitz is impartial. Much like Turley.

To those of you in your cult, impartial means having your head up Trump's ass.

LOL....

bdgan

May 29, 2008
Dershowitz is impartial. Much like Turley.

To those of you in your cult, impartial means having your head up Trump's ass.

LOL....
Just when you think Royal has hit bottom he goes even lower.

Every one of his posts looks similar to this: Throw that scumbag Trump in jail. He's guilty of thousands of things and we don't even need the facts. That effer and all of his followers should burn in hell.

I'm telling you he's not stable.

2lion70

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2004
Exercising a valid/legal Search Warrant is not a 'raid'. Especially when there is proof that the person with the requested docs has a proven history of destroying docs just like the ones requested.
How many folks do you know that tears up reports and flushes them down the toilet? Or shreds them, burns them, and even eats them? Only that crazy fool Trump.

• Haha
Reactions: psuted

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX

The best part of this whole affair is that the White House says they had no advance knowledge.

Either they are liars or they are so incompetent they are kept out of decisions like this.

I expect it is the former. But if the latter Biden should fire Garland immediately.

LdN

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
The best part of this whole affair is that the White House says they had no advance knowledge.

Either they are liars or they are so incompetent they are kept out of decisions like this.

I expect it is the former. But if the latter Biden should fire Garland immediately.

LdN
Both true, it’s a tough choice between liar and incompetent with this administration , but I believe it’s safe to assume liar in most cases.

LionDeNittany

May 29, 2001
DFW, TX
Both true, it’s a tough choice between liar and incompetent with this administration , but I believe it’s safe to assume liar in most cases.

Yeah so if they are lying a reporter should ask them if they will fire Garland.

If Trump is as dangerous as the commission makes him out to be... able to get an insurrection going, shouldn't Potus be aware of the raid?

Reactions: bourbon n blues

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Exercising a valid/legal Search Warrant is not a 'raid'. Especially when there is proof that the person with the requested docs has a proven history of destroying docs just like the ones requested.
How many folks do you know that tears up reports and flushes them down the toilet? Or shreds them, burns them, and even eats them? Only that crazy fool Trump.

Only Nancy Pelosi when it comes to the State of the Union.....

She really does HATE Trump. She should just become an Atheist and admit it instead of pretending to be a Catholic.

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state

LdN
It’s called plausible deniability.

Last edited:

roswelllion

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2003
You mean other than Hillary?

BW Lion

Apr 9, 2020
I find it non-entertaining, but rather educationally interesting that you are dying from lung disease and your wife from diabetes.

Life is nothing other than an unending sequence of decisions, with associated consequences, wouldn’t you agree?

Last edited:

maypole

May 9, 2022

Maybe. All I know for sure was Dershowitz was buddies with Epstein and is a trump apologist. He also lobbied trump to pardon Maxwell and represented trump in his impeachments. Also, he is a big time liar.
<https://www.vox.com/identities/2019...showitz-jeffrey-epstein-sarah-ransome-giuffre>
Talk about groomers:
In 1997, Dershowitz argued against statutory rape laws, saying the age of consent should be 15, Bruck reports. “There must be criminal sanctions against sex with very young children, but it is doubtful whether such sanctions should apply to teenagers above the age of puberty, since voluntary sex is so common in their age group,” he wrote in a Los Angeles Times op-ed.

Last edited:

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Maybe. All I know for sure was Dershowitz was buddies with Epstein and is a trump apologist. He also lobbied trump to pardon Maxwell and represented trump in his impeachments. Also, he is a big time liar.
<https://www.vox.com/identities/2019...showitz-jeffrey-epstein-sarah-ransome-giuffre>
Talk about groomers:
In 1997, Dershowitz argued against statutory rape laws, saying the age of consent should be 15, Bruck reports. “There must be criminal sanctions against sex with very young children, but it is doubtful whether such sanctions should apply to teenagers above the age of puberty, since voluntary sex is so common in their age group,” he wrote in a Los Angeles Times op-ed.

He sounds like a democrat.

bourbon n blues

Nov 20, 2019
I find it non-entertaining, but rather educationally interesting that you are dying from lung disease and your wife from diabetes.

Life is nothing other than an unending sequence of decisions, with associated consequences, wouldn’t you agree?
Funny how these people who made personal poor health decisions want the government somehow to fix things? Funny how they align with a certain political party in most cases?

Reactions: Ski and BW Lion

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009

Speaking of decisions and associated consequences, how long have you been taking anti retrovirals?

psuted

Gold Member
Nov 26, 2010
🤮🤮🤮

maypole

May 9, 2022

We are all going to die some day, even sociopaths like you.

dontgojoepa

Dec 8, 2003
In other words, Dershowitz is saying "I have no clue what's going on here, but since I have no facts and I'm clearly in bed with Trump, I'll just assume this is the same exact situation as Clinton/Berger, and based on that assumption, this appears to be unjust and needlessly confrontational."

Okay - thanks for posting something entirely meaningless.

Reactions: maypole

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
In other words, Dershowitz is saying "I have no clue what's going on here, but since I have no facts and I'm clearly in bed with Trump, I'll just assume this is the same exact situation as Clinton/Berger, and based on that assumption, this appears to be unjust and needlessly confrontational."

Okay - thanks for posting something entirely meaningless.

So meaningless that you were compelled to reply...... LOL......

LWNJ.... Thinking they are Al Capone!!!

'An Al Capone prosecution': Dershowitz says Trump raid politically motivated​

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/dershowitz-trump-al-capone-soviet-prosecution

maypole

May 9, 2022
The only thing straight about him is straightforward lust for 15 year old girls.

dontgojoepa

Dec 8, 2003
Reactions: LafayetteBear

dontgojoepa

Dec 8, 2003
So meaningless you posted again?? My practice is that if it that meaningless, I won't reply at all.
LOL. That is far from your practice. And, my practice is, if it's meaningless, I won't post it in the first place.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
LOL. That is far from your practice. And, my practice is, if it's meaningless, I won't post it in the first place.

Correct me if I am wrong but Dershowitz is Yale graduate, award winner who taught constitutional law at Harvard.

That's hardly meaningless. Now you don't want to hear it, I get that. But there is reality outside your bubble.

dontgojoepa

Dec 8, 2003
Correct me if I am wrong but Dershowitz is Yale graduate, award winner who taught constitutional law at Harvard.

That's hardly meaningless. Now you don't want to hear it, I get that. But there is reality outside your bubble.
So - now your theory is people from Yale or Harvard don’t ever say something that is meaningless? Really? Dude - if you can’t see that his statements are based on assumptions which we don’t know to be true - and therefore his conclusions based on those assumptions are meaningless - you are beyond help. And, honestly, nobody should be commenting on the propriety or impropriety of this search -whether it be Dershowitz, Fox News or CNN, until all the details of why it was necessary and what precisely was being sought comes out.

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
So - now your theory is people from Yale or Harvard don’t ever say something that is meaningless? Really? Dude - if you can’t see that his statements are based on assumptions which we don’t know to be true - and therefore his conclusions based on those assumptions are meaningless - you are beyond help. And, honestly, nobody should be commenting on the propriety or impropriety of this search -whether it be Dershowitz, Fox News or CNN, until all the details of why it was necessary and what precisely was being sought comes out.
Lol. And lulz. Please slowly climb down of your high horse before fall off and get hurt.

I am quite sure ***** cough, cough****** you took the same high road for three years of the Russia scam run by Pelosi and Shifty. Said ‘ I won’t make any judgements of Trump until the evidence is released’ Yep, fer sure

Reactions: Ski

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
You are crediting Deacon for FAR more intelligence and circumspection than he possesses. In fact, he has none at all. That's why he lives in a small hovel with an unpaved driveway, in the middle of nowhere, with tomatoes as his only friends.

Reactions: dontgojoepa

dontgojoepa

Dec 8, 2003
Lol. And lulz. Please slowly climb down of your high horse before fall off and get hurt.

I am quite sure ***** cough, cough****** you took the same high road for three years of the Russia scam run by Pelosi and Shifty. Said ‘ I won’t make any judgements of Trump until the evidence is released’ Yep, fer sure
Jeez - do you guys have anything other than “Russia” when you’ve lost an argument? It’s juvenile. It’s basically the equivalent of I know you are, but what am I?

Rule of thumb for you righties: if you’ve gotten to the point in a thread that has nothing to do about Russia, that your only response is Russia - don’t post. You’ve lost the argument and it’s time to move on. There is no shame in that.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
You are crediting Deacon for FAR more intelligence and circumspection than he possesses. In fact, he has none at all. That's why he lives in a small hovel with an unpaved driveway, in the middle of nowhere, with tomatoes as his only friends.

LOL.... "Oh Norman" ...

You are just bitter that you've proven yourself the worst lawyer ever time and time again.

It's really that simple.

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003

Of course they will say something meaningless now and again. A lawyer weighing on a matter of precedent is absolutely meaningful... Unless of course you are an unhinged overweight lawyer who steals from old ladies....