Democrats are $hitting themselves because Musk would bring back Trump to TWITTER

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
LOL... They are OUTRAGED!!!

I smell the desperation.................. TRUMP 2024!!!!

Democrats sound alarm about Musk bringing Trump back to Twitter​

https://thehill.com/policy/technolo...return-to-twitter-could-foment-more-violence/

Democrats on Capitol Hill are sounding alarms this week over the possibility that Donald Trump could return to Twitter, warning that providing the former president with such a powerful megaphone could lead to violence on par with last year’s Capitol riot.

Trump was banned “permanently” from Twitter on Jan. 8, 2021, just two days after a mob of his supporters attacked the Capitol in a failed effort to overturn President Biden’s election win.

But with billionaire Elon Musk poised to take over the highly influential company, Trump may soon be back on the platform that helped propel his stunning political rise. Indeed, Musk on Tuesday said the ban was “flat-out stupid” and would be rescinded if and when his $44 billion takeover offer is finalized.

The would-be reversal has been hailed by Trump’s allies and other conservatives, who are characterizing it as a victory for free speech over the “woke” policies of the nation’s Big Tech companies.

Trump has said he has no intention of returning to Twitter, though it remains to be seen if the allure of the 80 million followers he had amassed is enough to persuade him. But the prospect of Trump’s return to the platform is stirring new fears from Democrats, many of whom were in the Capitol during the riot and fear another violent episode.

Why the concern?

“Because he started an insurrection, the f—— idiot,” said Rep. Juan Vargas (D-Calif.). “And that’s my fear — that he’d start violence again.”

Vargas is hardly alone.

junior1

May 29, 2001
LOL... They are OUTRAGED!!!

I smell the desperation.................. TRUMP 2024!!!!

Democrats sound alarm about Musk bringing Trump back to Twitter​

https://thehill.com/policy/technolo...return-to-twitter-could-foment-more-violence/

Democrats on Capitol Hill are sounding alarms this week over the possibility that Donald Trump could return to Twitter, warning that providing the former president with such a powerful megaphone could lead to violence on par with last year’s Capitol riot.

Trump was banned “permanently” from Twitter on Jan. 8, 2021, just two days after a mob of his supporters attacked the Capitol in a failed effort to overturn President Biden’s election win.

But with billionaire Elon Musk poised to take over the highly influential company, Trump may soon be back on the platform that helped propel his stunning political rise. Indeed, Musk on Tuesday said the ban was “flat-out stupid” and would be rescinded if and when his $44 billion takeover offer is finalized.

The would-be reversal has been hailed by Trump’s allies and other conservatives, who are characterizing it as a victory for free speech over the “woke” policies of the nation’s Big Tech companies.

Trump has said he has no intention of returning to Twitter, though it remains to be seen if the allure of the 80 million followers he had amassed is enough to persuade him. But the prospect of Trump’s return to the platform is stirring new fears from Democrats, many of whom were in the Capitol during the riot and fear another violent episode.

Why the concern?

“Because he started an insurrection, the f—— idiot,” said Rep. Juan Vargas (D-Calif.). “And that’s my fear — that he’d start violence again.”

Vargas is hardly alone.
I see it a little differently. Trump is a "siren" to the left. More people voted against trump in 2020 than for Biden (nj, bear, Paolo and some others excepted). Having trump back on Twitter will, imo, charge up the democratiç base.

Reactions: BoulderFish

BoulderFish

Oct 31, 2016
I see it a little differently. Trump is a "siren" to the left. More people voted against trump in 2020 than for Biden (nj, bear, Paolo and some others excepted). Having trump back on Twitter will, imo, charge up the democratiç base.

Agree. While on principle I support Trump being allowed to be on Twitter, as someone who wants every Democrat to lose every election, it would not at all be helpful towards that goal.

Reactions: Hotshoe

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003

Point taken.

I would add a couple things. One, the abortion leak already charged up the democratic base. Two, the level of dislike of Trump is not going to increase. Minds are made up. Three, and last, people have seen enough out of the Biden and the left.

Latest posts