ADVERTISEMENT

Delaney says B1G winner should not be in

Kept saying "we lost that election 4 years ago." OK, Jim. But make a stand today, you dumbass. Worthless!

I'm sure he'd be saying the same thing if the east rep was OSU or UM.

Bushwood CC is a clown poster, but he's pretty much right about this Midwestern pos Little 2 conference.

Reactions: bjf1991
Kept saying "we lost that election 4 years ago." OK, Jim. But make a stand today, you dumbass. Worthless!

Many on this board seem to agree, sadly....

raw

Only problem I had with what he said is saying Michigan needs to be considered. That can't happen, too man losses for not being a conference champion

His constant erection for Michigan is very unbecoming. I do not understand his constant need to drag them into every single conversation. I can only assume that he and Mush are lovers.

If Barron/Barbour/whoever gets to make the call ever allows this sideshow on Penn State's campus again they need to take a seriously long look in the mirror. No way am I listening to this broadcast tonight. The constant bombardment of anti-PSU rhetoric is getting boring. I have no idea why PSU people in Indy would show up and legitimize these clowns.

What does any one who knows how delany feels about be surprised at delany at all ? His re hatred for us and paterno is known When his time comes delany will rot with jerry and emmert and the rest

Reactions: 91Joe95
Delaney is an absolute jackass. When we win today I hope nobody from Penn state shakes his hand.

If Delany really said this stuff then PSU (and Wisky) should formally complain to the conference.

What conference commissioner has ever gone on national tv on the day of the conference championship game and not lobbied for his conference's champion to be in the playoffs?

Assume Alabama missed the SEC championship game. Could you ever see the SEC commissioner going on ESPN to say the SEC champion winner between #6 Auburn and #7 Tennessee should be an afterthought? That focus should be on Alabama and a South Carolina team that lost 2 of its last 3 games instead?

If Penn St is good enough to win the game tonight the fans should boo Delany mercilessly when he goes up on stage to present the trophy and frankly the coaches and team should just walk away and leave him on that stage all alone.

Last edited:
If Delany really said this stuff then PSU (and Wisky) should formally complain to the conference

Ha, complain to who, Jim Delany?

You make a great point about the other conferences. No commissioner of any Power 5 conference would say anything so ridiculous. But then we don't really have a "conference" do we? We have a Duo.

If Delany really said this stuff then PSU (and Wisky) should formally complain to the conference.

What conference commissioner has ever gone on national tv on the day of the conference championship game to actively lobby for his conference's champion to be left out of the playoffs? Seriously??

Assume Alabama missed the SEC championship game. Could you ever see the SEC commissioner going on ESPN to say the SEC champion between #6 Auburn and #7 Tennessee should be left out of the playoffs? Oh and then say the committee should take a Georgia team that lost 2 of its last 3 games instead??

Delany's comments needed to be tweeted to Franklin and the team. If Penn St is good enough to win the game tonight the fans need to boo Delany mercilessly when he goes up on stage to present the trophy and frankly the coaches and team should just walk away and leave him on that stage all alone.
That would be priceless.....Just forgo the trophey presentation due to Commish being a jackA$$. Of course CJF and our boys are far to respectful to do something like that even though it is deserved for the POS.

Whatever anyone says, if Clemson wins then you have your top 4: Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson, Washington. If Clemson wins AND Wisconsin wins tonight, I don't think they should make it because of their 2 losses vs Ohio States 1 loss. The only argument for PSU (if they win) is that they won h-2-h against Ohio State, BUT I would understand if the 1 vs 2 loss argument won out in favor of Ohio State. The only scenario I would not understand AT ALL is Michigan making the 4 under any scenario.

I'm sure he'd be saying the same thing if the east rep was OSU or UM.

Bushwood CC is a clown poster, but he's pretty much right about this Midwestern pos Little 2 conference.

I know that over the years there's been plenty of complaining that the conference has never accepted Penn St as an addition and has treated Penn State poorly- from the initial invitation to join (with that surrounding circus of negativity from big ten coaches / ADs) up through present day.

Add the events of today to the list. Playing in the conference championship game at 10-2 against #6 Wisconsin and the conference commissioner (reportedly) goes on national tv to promote 2 other teams not playing in the game (OSU who PSU beat head to head and Michigan losers of 2 of the last 3 games)?

If this university leadership had any pride they'd be on the phone to the ACC commissioner tomorrow morning.

Last edited:
I totally agree with the scUM argument. scUM has no business being in the conversation.

Quite frankly I did not see a very impressive Washington team last night either. I have to wonder how that game would have gone if the CO. QB did not get hurt so early in the game. I don't think that CO would have won but it would have been a much closer game.

I think that the politics argument is more about leaving the Pac 12 out of the play offs 2 years in a row. Even though I do believe that PSU resume is far better then Washington's the blow back from the west coast would be over the top if they put a 2 loss 2nd Big team ahead of a 1 loss Pac 12 champion

This is when Sandy Barbour should step in. the B1G benefits more from having us than we benefit from them. This must be made clear.

ESPN and the conference networks are in a death spiral. Cable subscribers are plummeting, and they won't be able to fend off a la carte channel pricing forever. Once it collapses, there will be no point in staying anymore. (Although we'll have to endure endless propaganda about the unbelievable benefits of the CIC magazine subscription club.)

Assuming that PSU gets left out which barring a Clemson loss is pretty likely then I can only repeat what I said in an earlier post. Go out to the Rose Bowl and take it out on likely opponent USC. Curb stomp USC the way OSU did to ND last year in the Fiesta bowl.

Reactions: OzLion
Delaney never said that Michigan should be taken over tonight's winner, he just mentioned Michigan should be considered(which is b.s.). It is one thing to say a one loss osu team should be in over the champs, but u can't say that a two loss team should be in over the champs who also have two losses

Why do I feel like Michigan's chances are now worse than if Delany never spoke?

Their real fear is that the bowl committee will pair Michigan against Western Michigan in the Cotton Bowl. They would love to stick PSU with that matchup.

Did they say earlier that we haven't won a championship in 20 years. I thought I heard that. Meaning 2005 and 2008 didn't count.

Can we leave this freakin conference

Did they say earlier that we haven't won a championship in 20 years. I thought I heard that. Meaning 2005 and 2008 didn't count.

Can we leave this freakin conference

I think it is correct that we did not win outright in 2005 or 2008.

Delaney never said that Michigan should be taken over tonight's winner, he just mentioned Michigan should be considered(which is b.s.). It is one thing to say a one loss osu team should be in over the champs, but u can't say that a two loss team should be in over the champs who also have two losses

Fair enough. I didn't see his segment on Gameday to hear the exact wording- just what was reported here and twitter.

The problem still remains that he (reportedly) gave no real support or push for his conference champion. He wants to promote Ohio St this year- fine.....but the next team out of his mouth should be Wisconsin or Penn State, not Michigan.

We were always told winning the Big made you great. But when um and OSU doesn't win - winning the big doesn't mean anything.

Reactions: wrm125
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT