ADVERTISEMENT

Defensive MVP vs Iowa? *

I'd go Miller, but a big shout out to Christian Campbell.... the PI not withstanding, he was money in sealing the stretch all night long.

My local paper gave it to Jewell, which is unusual because he was on the opponent team.
My choice would be Miller.

Reactions: Sharkies
Shareef Torrance Brown Miller.

Honest to God I thought that was Torrence Brown. When did Miller change numbers?? Anyway, Miller was in the backfield all night and he and Allen had the biggest plays. Allen causing the fumble on a big Iowa drive was huge too. Still, Miller Brown gets my vote - great game.

As an aside, anyone have the participation list? I don't recall seeing YGM at all. Saw a good bit of Simmons and Toney though.

Reactions: Madsol
Hard to single out one guy on a day where the entire front seven played lights out save for 2 plays. Miller is turning into a stud, but loved the pressure and pursuit across the board. Tackling was also solid.

I think that effort at least temporarily alleviated most of the concerns that have been raised about where this D is at.

For PSU it was Shareef Miller if you ask me. I will say this, though. Grant Haley is having himself an incredible season. You can't say enough about Marcus Allen, who is also having himself an incredible season so far, but Grant Haley may be the second best player on the team right now. I am so impressed with him.

Honest to God I thought that was Torrence Brown. When did Miller change numbers?? Anyway, Miller was in the backfield all night and he and Allen had the biggest plays. Allen causing the fumble on a big Iowa drive was huge too. Still, Miller Brown gets my vote - great game.

As an aside, anyone have the participation list? I don't recall seeing YGM at all. Saw a good bit of Simmons and Toney though.

Wondered the same thing about YGM. Saw him in some of the celebration shots so he was there. But don't remember seeing him play.

Honorable mention to Apke. Broke up a 2 point conversion knocking the ball away and blocked FG. That's 5 points right there and no win. I'll let the coaches on the board comment on the 1st TD responsibility. Overall he's been pretty good with some excellent athletic plays.

ADVERTISEMENT