ADVERTISEMENT

Dear Coach Franklin.....

Was Joe under sanctions.....apples and oranges. And don't start, Joe is and always will be My Guy!
I won't and don't start with me. I am as big of a supporter as James Franklin has here. My niece went to school with him. He is and has always been an exceptional guy. I posted here 2 years ago that he came up the hard way and earned everything he has. I wouldn't trade him for any current coach.
I am just puzzled with the need to take back handed swipes at JVP. Penn State Football is special because of the foundation Joe helped to build. James has put PSU back into the college football elite. We were/are blessed to have had both of them.

I won't and don't start with me. I am as big of a supporter as James Franklin has here. My niece went to school with him. He is and has always been an exceptional guy. I posted here 2 years ago that he came up the hard way and earned everything he has. I wouldn't trade him for any current coach.
I am just puzzled with the need to take back handed swipes at JVP. Penn State Football is special because of the foundation Joe helped to build. James has put PSU back into the college football elite. We were/are blessed to have had both of them.
I didn't take a swipe at JVP, just don't think fair comparison.

I didn't take a swipe at JVP, just don't think fair comparison.
I came up with the first 4 years comparison in response to MichDickLions statement that JF's teams are better than Joes of 2000. While it may be Apples and Oranges to compare JVP's first 4 years to CJF's first 4 due to sanctions......we have no way of being certain yet that PSU's future will be decidedly better than Joe's 99-2011 102-56. Even though we are all hopeful!

We nearly got 600 yards on Saturday night and people want to make believe that the shotgun is a problem.
The shotgun is not the problem, I love the RPO, I love Moorhead's offense and I think most people who complain about our short yardage offense would agree with me. The problem is we have perhaps the greatest running back in Penn State history and yet we seem to have a problem picking up a yard in the red zone. Barkley getting the ball, standing still, 5 yards behind the LOS doesn't seem to be working..

Dear Coach Franklin,

As you have coached for the Green Bay Packers, I'm sure you have an appreciation for the Packers history. Perhaps the most famous singular play in Green Bay Packers history is the play below:

I can assure you that had Bart Starr been in the shotgun formation it would not have worked. How important was that singular play to gain just one yard? If Starr is in the shotgun formation neither he nor any Packers running back scores either on the iced-frozen tundra of Lambeau Field.

How significant is that play? The Dallas Cowboys not the Green Bay Packers would have won the NFL Championship in 1967. The Dallas Cowboys not the Green Bay Packers would have went on to defeat the Oakland Raiders in Super Bowl II. In all likelihood, the Super Bowl trophy would not be called the Lombardi trophy as it is today but perhaps the Landry trophy. All because of a quarterback that stood right under center and sneaked for one-yard. It works on any surface in any weather condition.

And it still does today some 50 years later:

One yard. Don't hike the football back five yards when it only needs to advance less than 36 inches. Thank you for your time and attention.

P(enn).S(tate).: More Miles Sanders please. Thank you. WE ARE.....
Miles' day will come but how many of Barkley's carries did you wish Miles had? Your under center suggestion will get hammered on here but it isn't a bad idea especially with Tommy in at QB or they could direct snap to Barkley(saving for Michigan). Lol

The shotgun is not the problem, I love the RPO, I love Moorhead's offense and I think most people who complain about our short yardage offense would agree with me. The problem is we have perhaps the greatest running back in Penn State history and yet we seem to have a problem picking up a yard in the red zone. Barkley getting the ball, standing still, 5 yards behind the LOS doesn't seem to be working..

I think Andre Robinson, with his running style, is better suited for getting one yard if that is all that is needed. IMHO

Why is Joe Paterno brought up in any of 6,432,106 threads around here on topics where he is irrelevant?

bdgan did it because he is a nut.[/QUOTE]
Actually I brought it up as a response to your stupid post which suggested that nobody should ever question our coaching staff.

We nearly got 600 yards on Saturday night and people want to make believe that the shotgun is a problem.

How effective were we running the ball near the goal line? Last I checked points are what determine outcomes not yardage.

I agree, but I still hate us.

Franklin has produced better on-the-field results than the Joe Paterno of the 2000s.

Joe would have lost Saturday's game 7-5.
You are still denigrating the 'dead guy'! You are such a BIG man!!!! Was it Mary Kay that took away your lunch money back in elementary school? Or did she just tell you that she wouldn't go out with you in high school because you were such a wimp? Is that the reason for you all-encompassing hate for everything "Paterno"?

You are still denigrating the 'dead guy'! You are such a BIG man!!!! Was it Mary Kay that took away your lunch money back in elementary school? Or did she just tell you that she wouldn't go out with you in high school because you were such a wimp? Is that the reason for you all-encompassing hate for everything "Paterno"?

First, welcome to the board. You appear to be a new poster here.

To answer your questions ...... I've never had any encounters with Mary Kay.

His point is Joe’s selfishness cost the program. He overstayed his welcome like the crazy grandpa that nobody wants around.
You are a nobody so I guess you've made an accurate statement. To the extent you think you're speaking for others, you and your ilk can shove it. Fake Penn State fans, all of you.

I didn't bring up JoePa first in this thread.

Someone else brought him up ---- as regards a topic HE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH.

Maybe, maybe not. But you're still a

th

Reactions: Mixolydian
First, welcome to the board. You appear to be a new poster here.

To answer your questions ...... I've never had any encounters with Mary Kay.
Not a new poster ..... a long time poster and viewer of your 'rhetoric'! You are simply a very, very sick anti-Penn State being who has a 'hard-on' for anything and 'everything' Paterno ...... your continuing hatred and repeated denigration of this family must be due to interactions with someone in that family! If this interaction wasn't with Mary Kay, then perhaps you were cited and fined for an overdue book at the Paterno library ---- very likely, you were fined by Sue!!! I have to believe that this perceived transgression by the Paterno's must be by either Sue or Mary Kay because you are much too much of a wimp to even interact directly with any 'male' member of that family!!!!

Breaking news: we don't have Jerry Kramer, Ken Bowman, Forrest Gregg, Bob Skoronski, and Carroll Dale

Besides... if TS9 lines up under center - that just might telegraph a QB sneak

P.S. - that was 50yrs ago
CARROLL Dale?? I thought you might mention Fuzzy Thurston ( Gale Gillingham?)
Dale was a WR

Well, why the hell was Joe Paterno brought up in this thread?

Why is Joe Paterno brought up in any of 6,432,106 threads around here on topics where he is irrelevant?

Because people want to see how long it will take shitheads like you and Corabi to show up and join the thread. GFY.

Not a new poster ..... a long time poster and viewer of your 'rhetoric'! You are simply a very, very sick anti-Penn State being who has a 'hard-on' for anything and 'everything' Paterno ...... your continuing hatred and repeated denigration of this family must be due to interactions with someone in that family! If this interaction wasn't with Mary Kay, then perhaps you were cited and fined for an overdue book at the Paterno library ---- very likely, you were fined by Sue!!! I have to believe that this perceived transgression by the Paterno's must be by either Sue or Mary Kay because you are much too much of a wimp to even interact directly with any 'male' member of that family!!!!

I see. A long-term poster, who has developed a new screen_name.

Fair enough. I'll guess that you are "Bushwood_CC version 7.0."

Dear Coach Franklin,

As you have coached for the Green Bay Packers, I'm sure you have an appreciation for the Packers history. Perhaps the most famous singular play in Green Bay Packers history is the play below:

I can assure you that had Bart Starr been in the shotgun formation it would not have worked. How important was that singular play to gain just one yard? If Starr is in the shotgun formation neither he nor any Packers running back scores either on the iced-frozen tundra of Lambeau Field.

How significant is that play? The Dallas Cowboys not the Green Bay Packers would have won the NFL Championship in 1967. The Dallas Cowboys not the Green Bay Packers would have went on to defeat the Oakland Raiders in Super Bowl II. In all likelihood, the Super Bowl trophy would not be called the Lombardi trophy as it is today but perhaps the Landry trophy. All because of a quarterback that stood right under center and sneaked for one-yard. It works on any surface in any weather condition.

One yard. Don't hike the football back five yards when it only needs to advance less than 36 inches. Thank you for your time and attention.

Jerry Kramer noticed that the Dallas DT (Jethro Pugh) always came up high when watching previous Cowboys film. He mentioned this to Lombardi at their team meeting that a QB sneak over him would work on the goal line. Star brought up the play during a time out on the sideline to Lombardi. Lombardi responded, "well lets run it then and get the hell outta here"

Actually I brought it up as a response to your stupid post which suggested that nobody should ever question our coaching staff.

Osprey: This ^^^^ is a fair point, but I have to say that you have not been at all shy about going after Joe. Are people here (myself included) sensitive about slights on Joe and his legacy? Yeah, but I think his record justifies that.

Actually I brought it up as a response to your stupid post which suggested that nobody should ever question our coaching staff.[/QUOTE]

You did it because you are not very bright. Stick to the nut board.

Osprey: This ^^^^ is a fair point, but I have to say that you have not been at all shy about going after Joe. Are people here (myself included) sensitive about slights on Joe and his legacy? Yeah, but I think his record justifies that.

I will criticize Coach Franklin when warranted. I did so in the first half of an in game
thread on Saturday regarding his choice of offensive linemen. I admit that I care about
Paterno's legacy as much as he cared about mine. I have and always will care about PSU
as a great institution and I care about it's sports programs.

Franklin has produced better on-the-field results than the Joe Paterno of the 2000s.

Joe would have lost Saturday's game 7-5.

God...your act is soooo old....please go away...you never come around with well-wishes like: Hey guys great game and tough win on Sat...or...the Defense sure is playing well, hope it continues...." You only chime in when there is something negative to post...seriously dude...you are right on cue...just like the sun rising every day and the smell in Columbus getting worse each hour....is your life so bad that you have to share it with us all the freaking time?There has to be a couch somewhere you can lie on and dictate all of your anti-PSU troubles to.....

Reactions: Mixolydian
Dear Coach Franklin,

I remember watching the day Rashad Casey actually used the shotgun, the shovel pass and the qb option run in the same game. Thought I had died and gone to heaven. That Joepa, believing the team could walk and chew gum.

Reactions: Osprey Lion
No wonder some people come to our board and think our fans are nuts lmao

We're 4-0. We're #4 in the country. We just had a great last second win. In that win we gained almost SIX HUNDRED yards of offense. We're currently averaging almost 41 ppg. Our QB has the most passing yards in the conference. Our RB has the second most rushing yards in the conference by two yards. Our RB also has the most receiving yards in the conference. And some of you are bitching about why we can't change the offense and get a single yard? Lmao .... lord I wish I had time to be as miserable as some of you

Dear Coach Franklin,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT