Dear climate alarmists: You have 3 weeks to convince me man-made climate cooling/warming/change is real & significant

ChiTownLion

May 29, 2001
Totally open to hearing you out.

But they taught me in grade school that we only had 80 years of fossil fuels remaining in Planet Earth.

They were wrong. Turns out we still have hundreds if not thousands of years of fossil fuels ready to tap.

Then Al Gore told us in 2008 that the ice caps would melt and sink cities all across the world like NYC, Miami, NJ shoreline, etc., by the year 2014.

Not even close. Arctic sea ice extent was up last month 30% year over year and, worst case scenario, has remained flat over the last 15 years which precedes Al Gore's five-alarm fire speech about the global catastrophe.

Then AOC had the balls to tell us we had 12 years left before the shit hit the fan on global catastrophies. She and Greta Thunberg are great examples of the power of emotion over facts in this day and age of information control.

Measure it however you want to measure it, but keep in mind that...
* Planet Earth is coming out of an Ice Age
* Wildfires are massively down today vs 100 years ago
* Hurricanes and tornadoes are not any higher today than they were 100 years ago
* Deaths from natural disasters today are a fraction of what they were 100 years ago
* Average temperatures are up, yes, but high temperatures are down and low temperatures are up a little bit more. If anything, this "climate crisis" is literally making our environment more mild than extreme.
* Sea levels are not rising any faster today than they were 100 years ago. Chicago's sea level used to be 9 feet higher. How??
* CO2 and is the best possible food for plants.

In the 1970s, they said man-made global cooling would destroy our planet.

In the 2000s, they said man-made global warming would destroy out planet.

In the 2020s, they saw all previous predictions fall flat on their face, so they had no choice but to re-brand it as "climate change" and framed every local weather event as a consequence of humanity.

Sorry, alarmists, but the weather has always fluctuated and it always will continue to do so, with or without you.

I especially love the examples of "extreme climate change" on Mars and other planets that somehow coincide with the trends right here in planet Earth.

I remember when I came out of the coma of being "woke." What will it take for the rest of everyone else to do the same?