ADVERTISEMENT

Day trips from State College for the Mrs. and I?

Just did it .....
1. hike Mt Nittany
2. Penns Cave
3. Nittany Winery (happy valley vineyand)
4. on campus...Palmer Museum....Creamery...

Step you made a donation to the Mt. Nittany Conservancy probably.

To the OP, on behalf of the denizens of this community I congratulate you on your decision to move your daughter tomorrow instead of Saturday or Sunday, which is going to be the annual craptacular replete with lost parents slamming on the brakes for no apparent reason, and traffic on 26 backed out to Hickey's. Cheers!

Victor E. Bell - your new word of the month ... craptacular ... has made my morning.

I intend to use it at least twice in the next couple hours as we discuss our project workload at my place of employment.

Horseshoe Curve is cool, but I really was disappointed with the display and museum when we went. We got there later in the day and took the incline to the top and a train never came by. The museum is small and for the publicity it gets wasn't all that.

Horseshoe Curve is cool, but I really was disappointed with the display and museum when we went. We got there later in the day and took the incline to the top and a train never came by. The museum is small and for the publicity it gets wasn't all that.
Horseshoe Curve was cooler where there wasn't all that extra fluff there, it was just a small parking area, it was free, it was mostly railroaders with timetables watching trains, and you had to walk up steps to get to the cure. Then some people decided they should charge $$$ and make an attraction of it.

Victor E. Bell - your new word of the month ... craptacular ... has made my morning.

I intend to use it at least twice in the next couple hours as we discuss our project workload at my place of employment.
Try "craptastic" or "crapulant".....both good alternatives.

I second that motion.

Denny's has a ton of PSU stuff on the walls in the corridor as you go in. If it's the dinner hour you'll have a wait so check all that stuff out while you're waiting. Most of the foodie sites give Denny's rather 'meh' grades but I think it's great. Good service, many, many beers on tap and I think the burgers are great. They will make them to order however you want or go for one of their named burgers. I never tried a challenge, the regular burger is PLENTY, believe me.

Reactions: Zenophile
All good stuff and keep it coming! Yes, we are "outdoorsy" and would be into hikes and mountain biking. (although possible challenge to bring bikes AND all my daughter's stuff!)

Why don't you hike Mount Nittany? The view of the valley is fantastic.

Reactions: kgilbert78
ADVERTISEMENT