ADVERTISEMENT

Day 2 - Offically Offical 2022 Big Ten Tournament and B1G+ Technical Support Thread

Ragusin vs Cannon double-deck mat 1. Has team score implications. Go Cannon.

Are they? Pretty sure this is still the mini tournament. Consi semis and 7th place matches should be up next.
Sorry; they’re on deck I meant. They’re showing up in mat assignments now is what I really mean.

Who will
Be seeded higher in Detroit? Drew or Ayala ? Just curious, you get more credit for reg season or finish at BIGs .
Good question. I’m guessing they’ll look at quality wins and RPI and I’m thinking advantage Ayala.

Reactions: creamery freak
Good question. I’m guessing they’ll look at quality wins and RPI and I’m thinking advantage Ayala.

I agree.

On a side note, Ayala has lost to McKee 4 times this season. I wonder if anyone has ever lost 5 matches to the same guy in one season.

Ragusin on deck mat 1.
Murin in the hole mat 2.
Micic MFF win over SeaBass in the hole mat 3. That really helps Michigan.

There’s a clear path to victory over Michigan, but we have to be almost perfect. We can lose at 197 if Marinelli beats Amine but we can’t lose any if Amine beats Marinelli. Beating Iowa is an easier path than beating Michigan. Have to win our finals matches at 133, 141, 174 and 184.

Mich 116; PSU 111.5; Iowa 109

125:
Suriano beats Barnett. +4 Mich
Ayala beats Shawver for 7th. +1 Iowa

Mich 120; PSU 111.5; Iowa 110

133:
RBY beats DeSanto. +4 PSU
Ragusin beats Cannon; loses to winner of Byrd/Foley. +3.5 Mich.

Mich 123.5; PSU 115.5; Iowa 110

141:
Lee beats Eierman. +4 PSU
Micic MFF over SeaBass; loses to winner of D’Emilio/Bergeland. +5.5 Mich.

Mich 129; PSU 119.5; Iowa 110

149:
Bartlett over Storr. +1 PSU
Murin over Brill; Murin loses to Lovett. +3.5 Iowa.

Mich 129; PSU 120.5; Iowa 113.5

157:
Deakin beats Lewan.
Berge beats Coleman.
Young beats Robb
Berge beats Young.
+4.5 PSU. +3.5 Iowa.

Mich 129; PSU 125; Iowa 117

165:
Marinelli over Amine. This doesn’t absolutely have to happen but would provide breathing room for us to not be perfect.

Mich 129; PSU 125; Iowa 121

174:
CStar over Massa. +4 PSU.
Kem MFF out.

Mich 129; PSU 129; Iowa 121

184:
Brooks over Amine. +4 PSU
Assad over Salazar for 7th. +1 Iowa.

Mich 129; PSU 133; Iowa 122

197:
Dean over Shultz. +4 PSU
Brucki over Penola.
Caffey over Warner
Warner over Penola
Caffey over Brucki
+3.5 Mich; + 1 Iowa

Mich 132.5; PSU 137; Iowa 123

HWT:
Steveson over Cass
Kerk over Davison
Parris over Luffman
Kerk over Parris
+4.5 PSU; +3.5 Mich

Mich 136; PSU 141.5; Iowa 123

Ignores possible bonus points, but I wouldn’t expect too many bonus points at this point.
I have to root for Marinelli?

Micic has gotten his share of luck this tourney after looking like he might not even qualify. He’ll probably get a favorable seed due to his name, but he’s not good now
Instead of having to beat the loser of the Eierman/SeaBass match to get to the 3rd/4th place bout, he goes automatically with pin points. It’s a min of 4.5 points and most likely 5.5 points, automatically, for Michigan, that they likely wouldn’t have had.

Ragusin on deck mat 1.
Murin on deck mat 2.
Young on deck mat 3.

Reactions: mcruny42
Young wrestling now mat 3. Berge on deck mat 3.

Rumor on HR. Hope it’s not true as he looked ready to go against Rivera last night.

If Tom has decided to preserve his injured wrestlers for NCAAs he might also pull Ayala today. We'll see soon.
'
;
'

Reactions: mcpat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT