ADVERTISEMENT

Day 2 - Offically Offical 2022 Big Ten Tournament and B1G+ Technical Support Thread

I think several of our guys looked tired. I think they always do at Big Tens and never do NCAAs. I’m sure it’s part of the plan. Can’t peak twice within two weeks. Pick one. Train thru Big Tens on a heavy conditioning load and be better than 100% two weeks later. I don’t know this, but that’s my guess.
Yeppers.

Reactions: slaterun
I think several of our guys looked tired. I think they always do at Big Tens and never do NCAAs. I’m sure it’s part of the plan. Can’t peak twice within two weeks. Pick one. Train thru Big Tens on a heavy conditioning load and be better than 100% two weeks later. I don’t know this, but that’s my guess.
That's certainly possible. AB wrestled the first 2 and a half periods like his hair was on fire, though. Loved to see it, but I think he just might pace himself a tiny bit more next time. Not a lot, just a bit.

Marinelli is and has been the best wrestler in the country up and until the second week of March. I continue to propose his body breaks down durning the national tourney. He looks very healthy and well conditioned this year. I think he wins Bigs again - a 4xer is a huge accomplishment. I also think he doesn't get it done at nationals, but I can see him getting to the finals. He will be on a mission and this will be his best nationals.
The thing is, this is the best field he has ever be in with, and its not even close.

Reactions: diggerpup
Coulda put the hat on and not looked so much like an outsider. I cant put my finger on it, but that guy’s got some quirks that turn me off.
That’s why I wanted (and still do) Drew instead of Suriano. I don’t want anyone around our guys that could possibly suck the fun out of the atmosphere of our room.

Going forward, does anyone think AB dials it back, just a little, with the early pace? He was gassed at the end himself. Incredible match. Tip the cap and move forward to the Tournament that matters.
At the dual meet Amine looked like he gassed in the 3rd. The game plan appeared to be pushing the pace very hard to gas Amine and heading into the 3rd, he looked gassed, but he definitely had more in the tank at the end of the 3rd, than Brooks did. The coaches will adjust and if they meet again, I don’t see Amine winning a rematch.

I do remember that, pretty sure Rasheed battled a real knee injury throughout much of that season. I actually like watching Cass wrestle, impressed by his wt loss & strength program in off season, but he did not look the least bit hurt during the tournament, especially not aftr his win over Kerk.
So no consideration of Shak’s knee injury until the final?

So no consideration of Shak’s knee injury until the final?
Can’t remember where Skak stood with what he needed to do to qualify for nationals or impact on seeding. Maybe going out earlier could have meant him missing the big show or unfavorable seed. Not arguing. Just a thought I had.

I could see Iowa imploding in two weeks. If all those Seniors start losing on the front side one has to wonder how motivated they will be on the backside. They came back for one thing… a national championship. How motivated will they be going for 3rd, 5th or 7th?
Legitimately I'm worried about Kemerer finishing the tournament. Praying he can recover in the next week and a half but his screams during his shot attempt on Smith was terrifying actually. Shades of Mekhi last year tbh.

Can’t remember where Skak stood with what he needed to do to qualify for nationals or impact on seeding. Maybe going out earlier could have meant him missing the big show or unfavorable seed. Not arguing. Just a thought I had.
I don’t like it either and wanted to see Eierman vs Lee again. The big matches are what makes it exciting. Just hate the hypocrisy among some fans.

Legitimately I'm worried about Kemerer finishing the tournament. Praying he can recover in the next week and a half but his screams during his shot attempt on Smith was terrifying actually. Shades of Mekhi last year tbh.
I took a beating early this season when predicting that Kem wouldn’t be in the finals and would probably finish 4th or worse. I saw this playing out in my head…his body just finally breaking. Seeing it now play out in real time is just sickening. I don’t care much of Iowa but Kem is a big exception. I hate this but still holding out hope a miracle rains down on him and he can compete to the best of his abilities in two weeks.

all that get him a pillow sh!t

all that i relax with a chainsaw sh!t

all that ....all that....is complete BS

the 3 ring binder is now a 5 ring binder....book it
Yesterday in the consis Lock Haven's 149 was getting ridden hard in the first by Ohio U and one of the Ohio fans or coaches yelled "Get him a pillow!" a dozen or so times, pretty obnoxiously. Match then turned 180 degrees and Lock Haven (Farber) winds up winning on the strength of his own ride as a few Lock Haven fans go to town on the same pillow jeer.

2nd place. Not a well rounded enough team with holes at 149, 125, and 165
The only hole is you for posting something so ignorant. I don't think 125 is a problem, I would think he should/could be AA. He lost a tough one and then hit a tough kid in wrestlebacks. McGee is going to give any mid tier potential AA a tough match. He's strong for 125.
The idea of the constant sarcastic posts does not play well. It makes you look like a jerk. Maybe you are or it's time to start to grow up. If you're as simple as you come across, it might be about your bedtime. You don't want to miss the school bus tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ski and diggerpup
Honestly - besides Kerk's brain fart, the biggest frustration of the tournament for me was easily Brady losing to Lewan. That takedown he gave up was a pure mental mistake, which goes completely against Brady's MO. He looked great overall and I'm very excited to see what he can do in Detroit.

I noticed Kerkvliet had his left leg newly wrapped today. I then went back and watched that reversal sequence with Cassiopi. In that sequence Cassiopi pulled hard to the outside and against the joint on Kerkvliet's left leg. This allowed him to get in a much better position to work toward the reverse. This is also probably where Kerkvliet injured his knee.

that's a costly loss for brooks. by my calculations that's going to put him on the same side as abe assad @johnstownsteel
My nomination for post of the year.
giphy.gif

Yesterday in the consis Lock Haven's 149 was getting ridden hard in the first by Ohio U and one of the Ohio fans or coaches yelled "Get him a pillow!" a dozen or so times, pretty obnoxiously. Match then turned 180 degrees and Lock Haven (Farber) winds up winning on the strength of his own ride as a few Lock Haven fans go to town on the same pillow jeer.
That state has more than 1 school with obnoxious coaches and fans?

Reactions: creamery freak
I don’t like it either and wanted to see Eierman vs Lee again. The big matches are what makes it exciting. Just hate the hypocrisy among some fans.
I don't like it as a fan that wants to see the sport grow. Wrestling only gets so many opportunities to be showcased on National TV.
The fringe fan didn't get to see maybe the best matchup at 141 nor the best wrestler in college in Gable Steveson
That's not good for the sport.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ski and jmadden1998
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT