ADVERTISEMENT

Day 2 National Duals Results and Discussion

Maybe you are right but Loew got teched by Venz. That result doesn’t scream that he should beat someone like Bolen
Venz is the most interesting wrestler of all time. When he's on, he can impose his will and beat anyone, maybe even bully them. Then when he's off, he looks like a non NQ level guy.

I just got home and didn't see the Lewis match. I would guess though that it has more to do with him getting off bottom rather than him making mistakes. Maybe he thought he was good enough to get riding time and force OT.
Out of curiosity, was either guy close to scoring offensively?
Nope. It was 1-1 going into OT.

Desanto vs Orine
AD 7-3 after 1
AD 12-5 after 2
AD wins 16-7 Iowa up 7-0

Last edited:
I just got home and didn't see the Lewis match. I would guess though that it has more to do with him getting off bottom rather than him making mistakes. Maybe he thought he was good enough to get riding time and force OT.
Out of curiosity, was either guy close to scoring offensively?
Here is my theory in more detail ... for what it is worth:

I think the most reasonable explanation (not justification) for Foca taking top is that he somehow thought that he could take top *first* (instead of going down first) and that we would automatically be given bottom *second* (after M. Lewis being on bottom). He was obviously confused and looked to the bench multiple times as if they were going to rescue him from his bad choice.

He is very close with the best guys but couldn't get out from bottom and then (perhaps) subconsciously wanted to be on top. Who knows, though.

The funniest thing last night had to be Kerk’s weight. It went from 280-something for awhile to 230-something for a moment to 130-something for the rest of the night. RBY is the quickest wrestler I’ve ever seen, but I’m taking Kerk head to head against RBY.

Eierman and Ryan Jack.
Ryan up 4-2 after 1 (2 TD)
Ryan up 5-2 after 2
Eierman wins 7-6

Last edited:
That’s two for Eierman. Again, not even close. Should stand. 7-6 Eierman 23 to go.

That looked like a defensive pin to me. Don’t think we see a better match this year.

Reactions: mjmirv
Can someone do pbp please? I can’t watch but trying to follow on here

The ref was right there, on the mat, on his stomach and didn’t call it. Hard to say it should have been a defensive pin when the ref was in perfect position and watching it attentively but didn’t call it.

Siebrecht vs Tariq Wilson
Wilson 2-0 after 1
Wilson 3-0 after 2
Wilson wins 7-3
Iowa 10, NC State 3

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT