ADVERTISEMENT

Day 1 National Duals Results & Discussion

I'm not saying it can't be done, but what you are describing is the perfect scenario with a ride out at the end of each period.

I like Nolf's strategy better ... wear a guy out for 2 periods with TD/release then go to work on top.

This is what I'd do if I were a Nick Lee type of wrestler. You've got technique, skill and gas tank on your side. Bludgeon the other guy for 5 minutes, building up an MD sort of lead, then go for the kill in the last two minutes. I never understand why I see AA-level guys coming out of the first period with a 2-0 lead and 1:47 in riding time.

I'm not saying it can't be done, but what you are describing is the perfect scenario with a ride out at the end of each period.

I like Nolf's strategy better ... wear a guy out for 2 periods with TD/release then go to work on top.
I liked Nolf's strategy as well. But in my opinion, Nolf had more of a top game. RBY can definitely ride as we seen with Fix and Pletcher. Maybe he can turn guys and chooses to work from his feet? Fix and Pletcher aren't exactly the caliber of wrestlers that are gonna get turned by just anyone, their opponent's top game would have to be that of Spencer, probably better.

Point being, guys like Nolf, Zain, Dean, Taylor and Ruth were guys that you almost assumed at some point in the match, back points were coming. I don't see that with RBY.

I just want to point out that I am in no way shape or form trying to knock RBY. He's a phenomenal wrestler and I'm glad he wears the blue and white. This is a nice problem to have to be able to nit pick one ( possibly only ) area that can be nit picked.

Reactions: backdrft76
I liked Nolf's strategy as well. But in my opinion, Nolf had more of a top game. RBY can definitely ride as we seen with Fix and Pletcher. Maybe he can turn guys and chooses to work from his feet? Fix and Pletcher aren't exactly the caliber of wrestlers that are gonna get turned by just anyone, their opponent's top game would have to be that of Spencer, probably better.

Point being, guys like Nolf, Zain, Dean, Taylor and Ruth were guys that you almost assumed at some point in the match, back points were coming. I don't see that with RBY.

I just want to point out that I am in no way shape or form trying to knock RBY. He's a phenomenal wrestler and I'm glad he wears the blue and white. This is a nice problem to have to be able to nit pick one ( possibly only ) area that can be nit picked.

Yeah, point taken.

Frankly, I'll be happy with a 3 point decision. McGee is no slouch.

Reactions: donboy6499
I think we see nevills vs shultz
I hope to see Kerk wrestle him. If he sits out, always nice to have the reminder in December to not take anything seriously until March.
I'm not sure kerk is 100% yet and we unfortunately seen what a not 100% kerk can do against guys the size and ability of Shultz.
Old enough to remember when guys wrestled less than 100%.

I almost posted the exact same thing just now.

Bulk helps when you're wrestling a truly big guy like Schultz or Wood.
Big JWood fan for a long time. That said, he is one big dude right now. Knowing his weight training background and regime, he must be pushing some big numbers.

On the other side was Zain wearing guys out from on top. Depends on what kind of wrestler you are.

Nick Lee prob would have had a TF yesterday had he not cut his guy with a min to go. Ride out would have been a TF.

On the other side was Zain wearing guys out from on top. Depends on what kind of wrestler you are.

Nick Lee prob would have had a TF yesterday had he not cut his guy with a min to go. Ride out would have been a TF.
"Nick Lee does not need any improvements to his wrestling."

~The board's expert

is terry brands yelling “more forward” out to him on the mat good enough for you?
The real question is, can Terry Brands yell move forward without moving forward himself?
On a side note, anyone have a pic of Kerks nose?

ADVERTISEMENT