ADVERTISEMENT

David Taylor Wrestling.....Disappointment

Check out the lateral move he made at the end of the video you posted, can't do that on 1 leg. Like I said before no one was more surprised he did not do any real damage to his knee than Cox, it looked bad. Thank god it wasn't, but he was definitely not 1 legged.
You mean the counter clockwise partial spin along the boundary? Of course that can be done on one leg -- push off the mat with hands.

You mean the counter clockwise partial spin along the boundary? Of course that can be done on one leg -- push off the mat with hands.
that is really what you see when you watch the video? If you see all hands there, then either I am blind or you are..maybe it is me? I want to be fair, do you actually think it looked like he was wrestling on one leg for over 2 minutes?

Last edited:
that is really what you see when you watch the video? If you see all hands there, then either I am blind or you are..maybe it is me?
I expect any college or professional athlete, possibly excepting 350-lb linemen, to be capable of pivoting on one knee by pushing off with hands and using hips to rotate. Especially wrestlers and gymnasts -- athletes whose sports require precise full body control in awkward dynamic situations.

I want to be fair, do you actually think it looked like he was wrestling on one leg for over 2 minutes?
He wore crutches in the team photo. Speculating or conjecturing beyond that is pointless.

Reactions: mn78psu83
Have you ever heard of adrenaline?
good point, my college football coach used to always say to us are you hurt or injured? Hurt is a discomfort (Pain)of the body that can be overcome with mental toughness and things like adrenaline.....Injured is when the body will not respond physically no matter how mentally tough you are. I think it is pretty safe to say Cox hurt himself and showed great heart, but it is unfair to say that DT lost to a guy on 1 leg because he was not injured. EDIT(I am making this assumption based off of Willie tweet)

Last edited:
Reactions: andegre
I expect any college or professional athlete, possibly excepting 350-lb linemen, to be capable of pivoting on one knee by pushing off with hands and using hips to rotate. Especially wrestlers and gymnasts -- athletes whose sports require precise full body control in awkward dynamic situations.

He wore crutches in the team photo. Speculating or conjecturing beyond that is pointless.

Fair enough, but didn't Willie tweet pretty quickly that he was fine, The crutches were obviously precautionary until he could be examined

Reactions: andegre
Fair enough, but didn't Willie tweet pretty quickly that he was fine, The crutches were obviously precautionary until he could be examined
That tweet doesnt mean anything until Cox gets checked out. He may or may not be fine. Suriano was fine until he wasn't.

Reactions: mn78psu83
That tweet doesnt mean anything until Cox gets checked out. He may or may not be fine. Suriano was fine until he wasn't.
Suriano never showed he was fine on the mat, I think cox did that last 2 minutes. If Cox is injured and tore something I will be sad and unbelievably impressed with how he was able to overcome an injury like that, this however would shock me as he was moving pretty well during the last 2 minutes. Also I would think Willie would not tweet that out unless he had some insider info....could be wrong but why do that if you are just guessing?

Suriano never showed he was fine on the mat, I think cox did that last 2 minutes. If Cox is injured and tore something I will be sad and unbelievably impressed with how he was able to overcome an injury like that, this however would shock me as he was moving pretty well during the last 2 minutes. Also I would think Willie would not tweet that out unless he had some insider info....could be wrong but why do that if you are just guessing?

Is that bolded part a joke? Click bait and Flo is very good at it.

I am impressed with Cox regardless of how hurt his knee was. He was beaten pretty soundly in the first match and gutted out two close wins to make the world team. He could've easily been intimidated after a 9-3 loss and sucked it up, and won.

Granted, I think a lot will look at his 2nd win controversially, but he was clearly hurt (he was on crutches in the world team photos and USAW YouTube interview). Whether he's too hurt to wrestle in Paris is another story, but Cox should have everyone's respect. He's an Olympic bronze medalist, 3-time national champion, a great guy by all accounts that I've read, and he has a legitimate chance to win World gold with Sadulaev out of 86.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT