ADVERTISEMENT

David Jones opines on the Meyer scandal

While michnitt's assertion that we had the occasional good team is incorrect, the gist of his 3 points is factual. Several coaches didn't recruit, Sandusky happened, and OB was undermined by some who were very close to the program (and in one case, used to be a coach).
OB undermined is horsepiuckey. I would bet some serious money the coaches that followed Bear, Woody, or any other legend was undermined as much or more than OB. Do some folks resent the new guy after 409 wins, success with honor, and the best bowl record in CFB history? Of course, but nothing abnormal. CJF has turned out great, but the number of folks who were glad OB left after 2 years was really small.

Joyner was unquestionably the main reason. But, Jay has been no friend to OB or Franklin.

Joyner is/was a pompous ass. Jay was Joe's kid, and rightly or wrongly thought he was a pretty good coach who didn't get a sniff. If you are suggesting the guy who hired OB and the son and ex coach who didn't get re hired were this huge undermining effort you are nuts.

I guess you have a new hobby.

Since you've been mostly unsuccessful in changing the narrative on JoePa, you will now devote your 2 hours per day on Twitter to the task of getting David Jones fired.

Godspeed.

A rando keyboard warrior proudly living far outside happy valley, is completely irrelevant to Jones' employers.

And I'm pretty sure she spends more than 2 hours on Twitter. There are alternate accounts where she rages on other topics and she can't stir up any reaction, resorts to arguing with herself

Reactions: Big 0
Joyner is/was a pompous ass. Jay was Joe's kid, and rightly or wrongly thought he was a pretty good coach who didn't get a sniff. If you are suggesting the guy who hired OB and the son and ex coach who didn't get re hired were this huge undermining effort you are nuts.
Jay was a good coach who did t get a sniff?

LOL

Okay, Jay. Sorry for offending you.

OB undermined is horsepiuckey. I would bet some serious money the coaches that followed Bear, Woody, or any other legend was undermined as much or more than OB. Do some folks resent the new guy after 409 wins, success with honor, and the best bowl record in CFB history? Of course, but nothing abnormal. CJF has turned out great, but the number of folks who were glad OB left after 2 years was really small.
There’s another vote for the statue.

It was a small miracle the football program was able to have winning seasons while OB was here. He did a great job of keeping things from spiraling out of control. OB did five years of work in two.

Without OB, Hack, and the seniors who stayed, we would have had trouble winning two or three games a year during the first two years of sanctions.

OB deserved the Houston job offer and anything else good that comes his way. The people who resent him for leaving are wrong headed.

It was a small miracle the football program was able to have winning seasons while OB was here. He did a great job of keeping things from spiraling out of control. OB did five years of work in two.

Without OB, Hack, and the seniors who stayed, we would have had trouble winning two or three games a year during the first two years of sanctions.

OB deserved the Houston job offer and anything else good that comes his way. The people who resent him for leaving are wrong headed.

What year was David Jones born in?

ADVERTISEMENT