ADVERTISEMENT

Dapper Dan (PWC) ...

See the FLO article on the Dapper Dan? 9/10 NCAA champs this year were in the DD. Several finals were all DD.

Guys on HR were really pinning all of their hopes on Lee, Teasdale, and Murin down the road. I get Lee and Teasdale, but while Murin is good he's not a blue chip recruit. He's right there with Courtney who got dominated as well. They are both fantastic wrestlers, and being 2x PIAA champs is nothing to scoff at, but I think both of them will struggle to AA in college. I think Murin will always be a fringe R12 kid.

Losing Teasdale hurt Iowa, and Murin is not the blue chip kid they want to pin their hopes on to win national championships.

Will Iowa fans be a bit disappointed with these results? Doesn't sound like Warner was real impressive either.

Absolutely agree.

Considering the opponent's accolades, Desanto was also impressive. Hard to believe that was Mejia's best.

I watched Mejia at the CA state tournament. He is a good technical wrestler, but I think you guys would see a lot of similarities between him and Heil. He seems to keep the score close. In the finals, he won on an escape in the last 16 seconds.

I didn't see the match, but I'm guessing Mejia wasn't prepared for a guy like DeSanto who would keep attacking him for 6 solid minutes. Heil always seemed to win by scoring early then hanging onto the lead. I got the same impression from Mejia. He definitely would not want to wrestle like that against Suriano and expect good results!

Will Iowa fans be a bit disappointed with these results? Doesn't sound like Warner was real impressive either.

I have watched Warner quite a bit and he is going to be very good imo. I'm guessing he prepared for an exhibition match after taking a break from high school season.

Warner's high school season ended something like 5 weeks ago. Very possible that he wasn't in his normal wrestling condition.

Regarding Murin, agree with the earlier posts. He's good but not elite. He can help Iowa, but probably not a guy to push them to the top.

Anyway, as others have indicated, it's probably not wise to draw any hard conclusions from a these types of exhibition matches.

Guy on HR says not only did Warner season end long ago he was supposedly dealing with MRSA and just got back on the mat. Hard to imagine a poster making that up but it is the internet.

Guy on HR says not only did Warner season end long ago he was supposedly dealing with MRSA and just got back on the mat. Hard to imagine a poster making that up but it is the internet.
I heard it was MRSA and Hep A-B-C and God knows what else.

Reactions: diggerpup
Does anyone have a link to the final results? It seems after flo took over wrestling you can't even see if PA won dapper dan. sucks

I normally would not use someones name on a forum however since you did, I will. Mr Hong's loss was just the result of some good old fashion KARMA. The Dapper Dan is a FIRST CLASS event...PERIOD. During the FORMAL banquet that was held Friday night.....Mr Hong sat there at the table and put on sunglasses attempting to be the class clown...even put on a beach hat of somesort. During the introduction of the teams, when the Georgia wrestlers were announced and there accomplishments where announced.....he would pretend cough and at the same time say " IN GEORGIA " . Even the master of ceromony gave him the stink eye after the 2nd time.....but he just kept on.....even with HIS DAD on the other side of the room and his team mates asking him to stop. Now understand....none of the Georgia wrestlers believe for ONE MOMENT that the level of wrestling in Ga compares to that of PA.....PERIOD. We know PA wrestling and how great it is.... but the Georgia wrestlers can only wrestle who is put out in front of them during season so for this arrogant ass to sit there and attempt to MOCK there accomplishments is not only pety, but absolutely goes against the fiber of what our sport is to be about anyway....you know....just toe the line !
SO, when the Georgia 160 beat him in OT.....he just got a good dose of " IN GEORGIA " KARMA ! As a matter of fact......one of the local PA coaches that just happened to attend the banquet SCREAMED out after the match..." In Georgia " and most got a good chuckle while Mr Hong slivered to the back of the team seats to bath in his humiliation. He certainly has some talent but he will never make it in life until he decides to grow up and humble himself a tad.
Thank you Pitt Classic Wrestling for a First Class Event and a Memory for life !

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT