ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Daniel George officially in portal

I thought he was going to be the top receiver of his recruiting class, but he never secured the starting position. He had the size we wanted, but never developed. Does anyone know the reason for his lack of production?

Does anyone know where we stand on scholarships. How many kids can/will PSU bring in via portal? College football coaches now need to perform like GM’s. Which begs the question which college will be the first to hire someone to handle player personnel. I think it would be a good idea for PSU to be the first to do so.

Does anyone know where we stand on scholarships. How many kids can/will PSU bring in via portal? College football coaches now need to perform like GM’s. Which begs the question which college will be the first to hire someone to handle player personnel. I think it would be a good idea for PSU to be the first to do so.
I believe PSU has multiple people handling "player personnel".

Reactions: TheGLOV
He is the answer to a PSU football trivia question. He holds a record that could stand for a long time.
Yes, and the reason that some on here were stumping for Clifford to start over McSorley. Probably the same people that are now.... aww forget it.

I thought he was going to be the top receiver of his recruiting class, but he never secured the starting position. He had the size we wanted, but never developed. Does anyone know the reason for his lack of production?
He’s nowhere near fast enough to gain separation from opposing corners in the big ten, and his hands are average at best (has had a lot of drops in his career). Even with his size, he can’t gain separation and gets blanketed all game. He should transfer to a MAC or non-power 5 school, and I think if he does that he will have much more success.

Reactions: bison13

I think we were at 84. This would make 83. So room for two.

Loved him out of high school, thought he would be Godwin 2.0. For shame.
I also thought he would be better than what he was. As someone who coaches down here, I should have thought about who he was playing against. Prince George's County has some of the best athletes in the world. There are fantastic football players who come from the public schools such as wise, Roosevelt and flowers. One of the issues with George was that he played at Oxon Hill, who is normally pretty good, but because they're a slightly smaller School out in the sticks they end up playing some really weak teams. Plus coaching in that county is very hit and miss, there's some great ones at the schools I mentioned above and there's some flat-out terrible ones too.

Yes, and the reason that some on here were stumping for Clifford to start over McSorley. Probably the same people that are now.... aww forget it.
You think so? I think it was pretty obviously a fluke play.

Yeah some people always think the back up QB is the best player on the team. I know some people who still think Hosteter should have been playing instead of Blackledge despite the fact that Todd won the competition on merit and won a National Championship.

Yeah some people always think the back up QB is the best player on the team. I know some people who still think Hosteter should have been playing instead of Blackledge despite the fact that Todd won the competition on merit and won a National Championship.
He did until he continued to roll to the left and try to throw right handed, as I remember...tough to do and be successful.

ADVERTISEMENT