Danger ahead: The U.S. economy has yet to face its biggest recession challenge

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
CPI come out Wednesday, and it ain't going to be pretty........... #JOEMUSTGO

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/05/dan...-to-face-its-biggest-recession-challenge.html

So while President Joe Biden celebrated the big jobs number on Friday, a much more unpleasant data point could be on the way next week. The consumer price index, the most widely followed inflation measure, comes out Wednesday, and it’s expected to show continued upward pressure even with a sharp drop in gasoline prices in July.

LioninHouston

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2005

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/08/05/dan...-to-face-its-biggest-recession-challenge.html

So while President Joe Biden celebrated the big jobs number on Friday, a much more unpleasant data point could be on the way next week. The consumer price index, the most widely followed inflation measure, comes out Wednesday, and it’s expected to show continued upward pressure even with a sharp drop in gasoline prices in July.
Well, two of the three most powerful people in our country are vegetables and the other is a retard. There is is only one predictable outcome.

Reactions: psuted and m.knox

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Well, two of the three most powerful people in our country are vegetables and the other is a retard. There is is only one predictable outcome.

CPI under Biden.... Forecast is 298..........

united-states-consumer-price-index-cpi.png

WPTLION

Jan 7, 2002
Here's what will be missed in the next 12 months. Lets say by January they show year over year inflation to be 5%. The average dumb American will say great because that's half of what it was. And the media will report it like price are coming down. But what they will forget to tell people is that 5% is on top of the 10% from the year before so that while Brandon has been in office things have gone up 15% yet their wages have not!

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003
Here's what will be missed in the next 12 months. Lets say by January they show year over year inflation to be 5%. The average dumb American will say great because that's half of what it was. And the media will report it like price are coming down. But what they will forget to tell people is that 5% is on top of the 10% from the year before so that while Brandon has been in office things have gone up 15% yet their wages have not!

@NJPSU will be leading that charge..... lol...

Reactions: Hotshoe and psuted

PaoliLion

Nov 2, 2003

You’re so two-faced - where‘s the big OP that hispanics and women have a record low unemployment rate under Biden???

• Haha
Reactions: psuted

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
Worse. 5% on top of 10% is 15.5% And that will continue to compound for years.

bdgan

May 29, 2008
Exactly. Even if inflation drops back to 2% the 15% or so already experienced will remain forever.

Reactions: psuted

bdgan

May 29, 2008
We no longer live in America. Parents beware, the government and the US Senate has a target on your backs. I guess democrats are simply going to assert ownership of your children.
It's all very depressing to me. I see liberals talking about how republicans want to outlaw books and they don't want to teach history. What a crock of B.S.!

Do the people accusing republicans of outlawing books want to allow Hustler magazines in elementary school libraries? If they don't they're outlawing books (or in this case magazines). Since when did it become Nazi like to restrict age inappropriate material?

I learned about the evils of slavery in school. I learned about the Civil War, Underground Railroad, and Tulsa Massacre. I learned about Rosa Parks, Harriet Tubman, Frederick Douglas, and MLK. NOBODY HAS PROPOSED HALTING SUCH EDUCATION. What conservatives don't like is teaching white children that they can't escape their inherent racism and teaching black children that they are victims.

I don't have much use for many republicans but the left is full of disgusting people.

The Spin Meister

Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
It's all very depressing to me. I see liberals talking about how republicans want to outlaw books and they don't want to teach history. What a crock of B.S.!

Do the people accusing republicans of outlawing books want to allow Hustler magazines in elementary school libraries? If they don't they're outlawing books (or in this case magazines). Since when did it become Nazi like to restrict age inappropriate material?

I learned about the evils of slavery in school. I learned about the Civil War, Underground Railroad, and Tulsa Massacre. I learned about Rosa Parks, Harriet Tubman, Frederick Douglas, and MLK. NOBODY HAS PROPOSED HALTING SUCH EDUCATION. What conservatives don't like is teaching white children that they can't escape their inherent racism and teaching black children that they are victims.

I don't have much use for many republicans but the left is full of disgusting people.
Rs need to write several books from their prospective and teach them in schools across the nation. Things like the history of the 🤡 party and its long support of slavery, Jim row, the KKK, segregation, and more. Another book written by Watt and others on all the fallacies in the AGW teachings. Maybe in depth teachings on the border and all the issues related to it like crime, drugs, sex trade, gang violence, how illegal immigration hurt minorities, takes away jobs, and depresses wages. Show the connections between progressive organizations and foreign funds from Russia, China, and other sources working against the US.

Put together a full itinerary and when the 🤡 object call them book burners against teaching kids.

But the Rs don’t have the balls to fight back and go on the offensive. Their idea of pushback is to just say ‘we are really nice people’. Pathetic.