ADVERTISEMENT

dang. B-17 Flying Fortress and a Bell P-63 collide at Dallas Air Show

A flight in a B-17 was on my bucket list. I flew on the Sentimental Journey out of the State College airport several years ago. Damn but those engines are loud! And I was in the nose. Can't imagine what it was like in the waist.

One consolation for the crews of the planes is they died doing what they loved... and also, it was quick. RIP

A flight in a B-17 was on my bucket list. I flew on the Sentimental Journey out of the State College airport several years ago. Damn but those engines are loud! And I was in the nose. Can't imagine what it was like in the waist.

One consolation for the crews of the planes is they died doing what they loved... and also, it was quick. RIP
Fortunately, they were not carrying any members of the public on this flight or it would have been even worse.

Was dining with a pilot last night when this hit his feed. He said the p63’s blind spot is right below its long nose.
I still don’t understand how this happened. Some of the vids I saw looked like the P63 pilot should have seen the other plane with plenty of time to avoid it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT