ADVERTISEMENT

DaeSean Hamilton

Player2BNamedL8r

Jan 3, 2012
RI
Does he get drafted? If so, what round? Or is he more of an UFA type prospect?

Regardless, seems like a great kid...wish nothing but the best for him.

I won't speculate. I learned my lesson with McGloin. Insert foot in mouth.

I admired DaeSean Hamilton after first reading the story about his relationship with his brother and the level of maturity that he demonstrated from a very young age. Since then, as we might expect, we've read over and over again about how much his teammates respect him. An exemplary teammate.

Last edited:
I won't speculate. I learned my lesson with McGloin. Insert foot in mouth.

I admired DeaSean Hamilton after first reading the story about his relationship with his brother and the level of maturity that he demonstrated from a very young age. Since then, as we might expect, we've read over and over again about how much his teammates respect him. An exemplary teammate.
My expert opinion which is worth a cup of coffee; Hamilton low round pick because he lacks size or exceptional speed. Buckley top five pick. Gesicki somewhere between mid second round and high third; Allen second round mid to low; Cabinda maybe fourth round; Haley low round.

Barkley 1st to 3rd pick
Hamilton maybe rounds 5-7
Gesicki 3rd-5th round
Allen 3rd-4th round

Everyone else UFA

I think he's an NFL player in the right system. Good size, smart, precise routes. But he's going to have to bang around and prove himself as a free agent at camps. Maybe practice squad. It will take him a couple of years to break in but I think he can do it.

His PSU career will definitely get him a look. Being the all time catch leader at a major school is a good credential, and he has certainly proven himself over the years against some good corners.

Jordan Norwood is a good model (though Norwood was a different kind of receiver). You bang around, train, learn pro football, eventually the GMs learn about you and you land at a place that can use you, you get your opportunity and succeed, and suddenly you're an NFL player. But it takes a couple of years of moving around and not earning very much.

On the other hand if he doesn't play in the NFL, Ham will be successful at whatever career he chooses.

Hamilton will get drafted. He's a mid to late round pick, but he'll get a shot.

Barkley - Top 5

Geisicki - 2nd round. If he could block he'd be a first round pick.

Allen - 2nd-3rd round.

Cabinda - Possibly a 6th-7th round pick, but probably an UFA.

Those are the draft-able guys out of the ones who will declare.

Reactions: BBrown
He's got a lot of playing time and experience. He's got good hands. He's got good size at 6-1 and 205. He's fast but not super fast.

Problem is, he doesn't have that thing that makes you turn your head. My guess is a 4th or 5th rounder.

A lot will depend on the combine...he runs good routes, is a good team player, blocks well. He owns several school records breaking records set by buys that performed well in the NFL

My expert opinion which is worth a cup of coffee; Hamilton low round pick because he lacks size or exceptional speed. Buckley top five pick. Gesicki somewhere between mid second round and high third; Allen second round mid to low; Cabinda maybe fourth round; Haley low round.

Buckley? Who’s Buckley?

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Barkley 1st to 3rd pick
Hamilton maybe rounds 5-7
Gesicki 3rd-5th round
Allen 3rd-4th round

Everyone else UFA

assume UFA for

Amani
Campbell
Haley
Blacknall
Thompkins
Mahon
Wright
Trace if he decides not to come for 5th year

Buckley? Who’s Buckley?

This guy? He's dead. But that doesn't mean the Browns won't take him
pic_newsite_static_wfb_firing-line.jpg

Who do we think get combine invites - Barkley, Gesicki, and Allen?

Using SR's off of the roster by experience: FA is if they choose to try and give it a go, some wont, like Smith going on to more schooling.

P Cothren - FA
Hamilton - 5+
C Cothran - FA
Nelson - FA
Mahon - FA
Davis - FA
Pancoast - FA
Smith - FA
Chavis - FA
Apke - FA
Blacknall - good combine #'s ? up to 5
Allen - 2-3