ADVERTISEMENT

Dabo voted Buckeyes #11 in Coaches Poll

Maybe he's paying them a compliment.

330px-Spinal_Tap_-_Up_to_Eleven.jpg

Last week, in the context of Dabo's verbal shots at Ohio State, somebody pooh-poohed the idea of "bulletin board material" being a thing.

We may find out on January 1 because the hits keep coming from Dabo:

Clemson's Dabo Swinney left semifinal opponent Ohio State out of top 10 in coaches' poll (msn.com)

Series history:
1978 - Clemson 17, Ohio State 15
2013 - Clemson 40, Ohio State 35
2016 - Clemson 31, Ohio State 0 (ouch)
2019 - Clemson 29, Ohio State 23

Dabo can talk the talk because he walks the walk.

I wanted OSU to lose, but now I want them to crush Dabo. This from a guy who skates into the playoffs every year because he plays in the worst conference on the planet. In normal seasons the other teams get beat up playing difficult teams Dabo, not freaking ACC powder puffs so you’re fresh and healthy when you get into the playoffs.

I wanted OSU to lose, but now I want them to crush Dabo. This from a guy who skates into the playoffs every year because he plays in the worst conference on the planet. In normal seasons the other teams get beat up playing difficult teams Dabo, not freaking ACC powder puffs so you’re fresh and healthy when you get into the playoffs.
What, you don't like Mr. "Praise the Lord" Swinney ? The two biggest phonies in college coaching: Swinney and Izzo

First off I don’t care who wins between these two. However all we ever hear from coaches when talking about their next opponent is praise. You know; their well coached, great pride and tradition, difference makers all over the field, sound and don’t beat themselves, we have to be at our best if we hope to win. I think it’s funny to have a coach pretty much tell his next opponent “ You guys suck “.

I'm with you! I am tired of Dabo's rhetoric. I hope the Buckeyes hang 50 on him.

Well this year it’s tOSU that’s fresh and healthy.

Reactions: psu2016
Well this year it’s tOSU that’s fresh and healthy.
Don’t worry, that’s Dabo’s built in excuse if they lose. But if they lose to a team not even worthy of being in the top 10, Dabo should get fired.

The interviews before the game are going to be hilarious. Can't wait to hear Dabo and you just know he's going to get asked about all of this at least 1000 times. I guess he's being truthful but don't know if I would have said all of it. Oh, we'll also hear his "praise the lord" BS at least a 1000 times also

Reactions: PearlSUJam
The notion that coaches get to vote in polls is absurd. It doesn't seem as absurd as it is because it's been around so long that people consider it normal.

The thing is, if you don’t think Ohio State played enough games to earn a spot in the playoff (like me), then they probably don’t belong in the top ten.

Agreed and the ACC's usual powers, Miami, FSU and VT have been down for the better part of a decade now, allowing Dabo to climb the ranks and conference. The ACC is garbage even with those teams doing well. It's a basketball conference with sporadic football programs. Dabo is the greatest beneficiary of a dogmeat league that has won natl titles in modern memory.

Last week, in the context of Dabo's verbal shots at Ohio State, somebody pooh-poohed the idea of "bulletin board material" being a thing.

We may find out on January 1 because the hits keep coming from Dabo:

Clemson's Dabo Swinney left semifinal opponent Ohio State out of top 10 in coaches' poll (msn.com)
I can tell you, for a fact, that tOSU has had a game with Clemson in their sights since the end of last year. They felt that they outplayed Clemson and lost on two bad calls. One was a targeting call on tOSU's best defensive player, Shawn Wade. The second was a catch, fumble, return for TD that was amazingly overturned on review. The guy CLEARLY catches the ball. The first quarter will be fun to watch. tOSU is going to come out with revenge in their minds. I will be interesting to see if Clemson can match the intensity early.

He’ll blame it on someone in the AD’s office and say that he’s too busy to watch other teams play.
This is probably true. Usually one of the grad assistants is responsible for the vote in the coaches poll. I heard this from someone who worked in the football office of a major college program back a few years ago. The HC is not watching TV on all the top 20 teams, especially since he is usually occupied coaching his own team while the other ones are playing.

Reactions: OhioLion
The thing is, if you don’t think Ohio State played enough games to earn a spot in the playoff (like me), then they probably don’t belong in the top ten.
I have a split view on his actions / comments. I like coaches telling it like it is but not him because everything he does is slanted to benefit him and Clemson - praise the lord. After that nail biter against OSU last year, I highly doubt he wanted an OSU team in the playoffs that thought about that game for a year. Keep in mind, if you just looked at the final stat sheet, you would have guessed OSU won and probably would have if Olave wouldn't have turned the wrong way on that last minute interception in the end zone. There's a reason Swinney was pushing for ND and Texas A&M.

Reactions: dailybuck777

Agree. I hope Ohio State lights them up.

Maybe he was channeling the “Old ball coach” Spurrier and saying and doing whatever he feels like - better than the normal coach speak.

I have a split view on his actions / comments. I like coaches telling it like it is but not him because everything he does is slanted to benefit him and Clemson - praise the lord. After that nail biter against OSU last year, I highly doubt he wanted an OSU team in the playoffs that thought about that game for a year. Keep in mind, if you just looked at the final stat sheet, you would have guessed OSU won and probably would have if Olave wouldn't have turned the wrong way on that last minute interception in the end zone. There's a reason Swinney was pushing for ND and Texas A&M.
I’m not praising Dabo by any means. Just agreeing with him that Ohio State doesn’t belong in the playoff this year.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
Only problem with dabo is he says ohio state hasn't played enough games but then in the next sentence says trevor Lawrence deserves the heisman even though he missed two games due to the virus.

Only problem with dabo is he says ohio state hasn't played enough games but then in the next sentence says trevor Lawrence deserves the heisman even though he missed two games due to the virus.
Of course. Like I said, his views and actions are slanted to benefit himself and Clemson. Can't wait until he starts his "aw shucks, lil ole Clemson" BS rhetoric again this year. Of course, only after praising God.

If Clemson makes it to the championship game against Alabama. I'll be pulling for Bama hard. Not exactly of fan of Bama but I like and respect Saban a hell of a lot more than Mr phony

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT