ADVERTISEMENT

Critical elements of leading Alzheimer’s study possibly fraudulent

Obliviax

Aug 21, 2001
Critical elements of one of the most cited pieces of Alzheimer’s disease research in the last two decades may have been purposely manipulated, according to a report in Science.

Critical elements of one of the most cited pieces of Alzheimer’s disease research in the last two decades may have been purposely manipulated, according to a report in Science.

If guilty the bastards need to spend serious time in prison. They distorted massive amounts of research time and money for a devastating disease. Million of families impacted by this.

I am wondering if the medical community's lies with the COVID vaccines have taken the top off of the drug industry. We now see a plethora of really DAMNING news on them:
  • Turning their backs, compliance, with clear abuse of opioids
  • Lying about the possibility of CCP lab leak on COVID 19
  • Lies regarding depression being caused by chemical imbalances
  • This

I've really lost any reliance I've had on any institutional structure. it really all started with the JS incident, to be honest. I now trust nobody. Zero. I am on my own.

The wheels are falling off the medical establishment. It's become captive to Big Pharma.

Always remember to trust the science...
Bill Nye Piano GIF

...especially the people who ARE THE SCIENCE!
Face Mask GIF by GIPHY News

Reactions: jimarnp and bison13
Its all about the money. Lesné was a named recipient of $774,000 in National Institutes of Health grants specifically involving a protein named Aβ*56 from 2008 through 2012. He subsequently received more than $7 million in additional NIH grants related to the origins of Alzheimer's.

His co-author on several papers is Dr Karen Ashe, also a University of Minnesota researcher and one of the most prominent Alzheimer’s researchers in the country. She described the potential manipulation of images as devastating, but criticized the idea that her research into amyloid proteins singularly guided federal and drug company spending.

Although there are drugs to treat the symptoms of early and middle stage Alzheimer’s, only one drug has been approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to treat the protein plaques associated with Alzheimer’s: aducanumab.

That drug, sold under the brand name Aduhelm and developed by Biogen, was the subject of its own controversy last year. As it was being considered for approval in 2021, multiple FDA officials said there was not enough evidence of its benefit to support approval.

Nevertheless, the agency approved the drug, which Biogen priced at $56,000. That prompted the resignation of three FDA officials, one of whom said there was “no good evidence the drug works”. Again, it's all about the money.

Reactions: psualt
Its all about the money. Lesné was a named recipient of $774,000 in National Institutes of Health grants specifically involving a protein named Aβ*56 from 2008 through 2012. He subsequently received more than $7 million in additional NIH grants related to the origins of Alzheimer's.

His co-author on several papers is Dr Karen Ashe, also a University of Minnesota researcher and one of the most prominent Alzheimer’s researchers in the country. She described the potential manipulation of images as devastating, but criticized the idea that her research into amyloid proteins singularly guided federal and drug company spending.

Although there are drugs to treat the symptoms of early and middle stage Alzheimer’s, only one drug has been approved by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to treat the protein plaques associated with Alzheimer’s: aducanumab.

That drug, sold under the brand name Aduhelm and developed by Biogen, was the subject of its own controversy last year. As it was being considered for approval in 2021, multiple FDA officials said there was not enough evidence of its benefit to support approval.

Nevertheless, the agency approved the drug, which Biogen priced at $56,000. That prompted the resignation of three FDA officials, one of whom said there was “no good evidence the drug works”. Again, it's all about the money.
that's right. I saw somebody use something like "the national institute of global climate" on NPR the other day. you look them up and virtually all of their funding was grants to study and solve global climate change. Of course they are going to toe the line (not that there is no global climate change, just that getting people to guy electric cars in the USA isn't going to solve the problem)

I am wondering if the medical community's lies with the COVID vaccines have taken the top off of the drug industry. We now see a plethora of really DAMNING news on them:
  • Turning their backs, compliance, with clear abuse of opioids
  • Lying about the possibility of CCP lab leak on COVID 19
  • Lies regarding depression being caused by chemical imbalances
  • This

I've really lost any reliance I've had on any institutional structure. it really all started with the JS incident, to be honest. I now trust nobody. Zero. I am on my own.

And here I thought you stooges were big time capitalists and anti-regulation. Oh wait, that doesn’t apply to the drug industry…just for Republican industries like oil and gas or pesticide manufacturers.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
And here I thought you stooges were big time capitalists and anti-regulation. Oh wait, that doesn’t apply to the drug industry…just for Republican industries like oil and gas or pesticide manufacturers.
Ahhh...if only life was so simple that your simple mind could understand it. Unfortunately, life isn't a light switch or a magic eight ball.

darrion-darrion-nguyen.gif

Reactions: bison13
ADVERTISEMENT