ADVERTISEMENT

COVID gratuitous dumpster fire thread

We are a nation of fat slobs, who to the naked eye, had very little concern for personal health until the last two years. Now everyone is an expert on the efficacy (or not) of masks and vaccines.

We are a nation of fat slobs, who to the naked eye, had very little concern for personal health until the last two years. Now everyone is an expert on the efficacy (or not) of masks and vaccines.
As far as personal concern for health goes, most people have gotten even fatter since covid started. Disgusting humans are waddling around everywhere.

“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” Benjamin Franklin
Yes of course. That is a good slogan. There are a lot of good slogans in this world. In fact, every slogan probably has an ~opposite and also attractive slogan. But how good is anybody at applying a slogan to make an actual decision in the real world? Because in the real world every decision is a balancing of opposing slogans. To get something, we usually have to pay something. The payment is often if not usually reduced freedom. We pay so much in reduced freedom every single day. If every decision, if every law, had been this difficult for our ancestors, we would still be in the Bronze Age. Hand wringing slogan meister who cannot articulate how they decide what and how much they are willing to pay is a very easy job. Anybody can do that job. Anybody at all.

Yes of course. That is a good slogan. There are a lot of good slogans in this world. In fact, every slogan probably has an ~opposite and also attractive slogan. But how good is anybody at applying a slogan to make an actual decision in the real world? Because in the real world every decision is a balancing of opposing slogans. To get something, we usually have to pay something. The payment is often if not usually reduced freedom. We pay so much in reduced freedom every single day. If every decision, if every law, had been this difficult for our ancestors, we would still be in the Bronze Age. Hand wringing slogan meister who cannot articulate how they decide what and how much they are willing to pay is a very easy job. Anybody can do that job. Anybody at all.
10-4 good buddy

Put the bottle down. Get help.

A country's freedoms are only worthwhile if they speak to individual freedoms. I don't give a rat's ass about defending the freedoms or sovereignty of any nation who doesn't make individual liberty a priority. The problem with assigning a term like "common good" is the arbitrary nature of the phrase. I might individually believe that it is for the common good to make obesity a crime and mandate that all obese people be put in holding camps until fit and thin. This would save many lives making it for the common good. Who gets to define what common good really means? Is there a litmus test you can share? Is common good up to whomever happens to wield power be it through election or appointment? I would rather a large number of free individuals act independently and without coercion to achieve the actual "common good". To me a very dangerous society with true freedom trumps a much safer restrictive society. I have no problem if you personally choose safety over freedom because that is simply you acting upon your own free will. I'm always scared when government speaks of common good or sacrifice. It usually means good for them individually and sacrifice for us. The very people who shut down our economy (the decision makers) and the people declaring the science were all still getting paid.
And not following their own mandates.

Ah, peeing on your own property. You know the difference between a good house and a great house? A good house is one where you can pee off the back porch, and the neighbors won't see you. A great house is one where you can pee off the front porch.

I can, I just have to time it right. 🤣

The great house is the one where if you pee off the back porch, only the boaters can see you.
Just one question, do you guys wash your hands after these adventures.

Asking for a friend from Local Whiskey 😉

The best punctuation to the idiocy of the mask mandates was the camera shot during the Rutgers/Maryland match of Sebastian Rivera's father wearing one on his chin.

Long time since the Costco greeter insisted I pull it up to my eyes.

Yeah, yeah, I know. A fringe web site at best. It's on a number of fringe sites ...... today. Give it a few more months to season and it will drop mainstream on a Friday night when there is some other sort of global crisis going on.

If this virus was affecting all ages at similar rates, then trying to come up with a single number might be easier. But, it is so heavily weighted by age, having the same mandate for all age groups isn't reasonable, IMO. Particularly, because these vaccines were rushed through the approval process, and long- term safety effects simply aren't known.
And doctors don’t even agree on these vaccines. And on top of that, our government and leaders can’t be trusted so we don’t know what to believe. My daughter is a nurse, became pregnant and her baby doctor was pushing her to get the vax. Another doctor she works with whom she trusts very much told her if it were his wife hed ask her not to get it. So what’s a women to believe? She had COVID before becoming pregnant. She decided not to get the vax and a month ago got COVID again. Right now, everything looks fine, in fact the baby is so big and active that the doctor said they may have to induce early. Im praying the baby is healthy.

Her best friend wasn’t so fortunate. She became pregnant at about the same time. A couple months in she got the vax and up to that point everything seemed fine. A few weeks later the baby died. Was it the vax? Who the hell knows and it’s not like we can trust anyones opinion on the matter. And so you all know and don’t think I’m an anti vaxxer, I’m fully vaxed and will get it again when I’m due. I also leaned towards my daughter getting it. But what I’m saying is this, we now live in a world where we can’t trust anyone. Not our government, not doctors, not anyone. So those against being vaxxed I totally understand. I really do…

Yeah, yeah, I know. A fringe web site at best. It's on a number of fringe sites ...... today. Give it a few more months to season and it will drop mainstream on a Friday night when there is some other sort of global crisis going on.

Why are you such a f*** face that keeps bringing this thread back?

And doctors don’t even agree on these vaccines. And on top of that, our government and leaders can’t be trusted so we don’t know what to believe. My daughter is a nurse, became pregnant and her baby doctor was pushing her to get the vax. Another doctor she works with whom she trusts very much told her if it were his wife hed ask her not to get it. So what’s a women to believe? She had COVID before becoming pregnant. She decided not to get the vax and a month ago got COVID again. Right now, everything looks fine, in fact the baby is so big and active that the doctor said they may have to induce early. Im praying the baby is healthy.

Her best friend wasn’t so fortunate. She became pregnant at about the same time. A couple months in she got the vax and up to that point everything seemed fine. A few weeks later the baby died. Was it the vax? Who the hell knows and it’s not like we can trust anyones opinion on the matter. And so you all know and don’t think I’m an anti vaxxer, I’m fully vaxed and will get it again when I’m due. I also leaned towards my daughter getting it. But what I’m saying is this, we now live in a world where we can’t trust anyone. Not our government, not doctors, not anyone. So those against being vaxxed I totally understand. I really do…
JTS- good vs. evil. Not just virus . All we can do is pray. Btw, I know it might not look like it but the good guys are winning. Keep the laughs up. It's the best medicine

So is it the case that one can speak about economic, social or political aspects of Covid on this forum but if you mention the "transgressions" of Russia in the current world your message is deep-sixed in the tundra of virtual Siberia ... even if and when R's actions will surely affect athletic competitions, including wrestling tournaments and international championships.

So is it the case that one can speak about economic, social or political aspects of Covid on this forum but if you mention the "transgressions" of Russia in the current world your message is deep-sixed in the tundra of virtual Siberia ... even if and when R's actions will surely affect athletic competitions, including wrestling tournaments and international championships.

Who got sent to virtual Siberia? (Other than 21 Guns)

Because you keep reading it

Well it only took a day -
I do not read your drivel, I merely commented that you brought back a thread that was dead and probably most people were tired of reading about, and this was the second time you did it. But hey, at least you are not posting 3 paragraphs of what you think is best for the team like you constantly used to do.

I do not read your drivel, I merely commented that you brought back a thread that was dead and probably most people were tired of reading about, and this was the second time you did it. But hey, at least you are not posting 3 paragraphs of what you think is best for the team like you constantly used to do.
Then don't read the thread if it bothers you.

Why on Earth are you reading this thread if you aren't interested? It isn't any worse than another thread about Berge's weight class or Nelson Brand's biting skills. It is dead time before the flurry.

Because fox is not biased and full of shit the majority of the time lol. They all are actually but if you think your getting facts at this point from Fox news you need to rethink some things lmfao.
Well the CEO of Moderna seems concerned. CNN,MSNBC,FOX, and pretty much all major media outlets are extremely biased one way or the other, but that alone can't keep people from seeking the truth. So much money has been made from the response to this virus that it needs to be investigated until the entire truth is known. Follow the money.

To inject a little wrestling into this thread, did anyone notice Corby mention on Basch's podcast that there a bunch of guys struggling to get back to 100% after covid? I guess young healthy athletes aren't invincible to it...

Well the CEO of Moderna seems concerned. CNN,MSNBC,FOX, and pretty much all major media outlets are extremely biased one way or the other, but that alone can't keep people from seeking the truth. So much money has been made from the response to this virus that it needs to be investigated until the entire truth is known. Follow the money.
I agree and good luck with finding the truth in today's world. Just several versions of it lol. I haven't watched a news channel in a long time and don't regret one but of it

Wait are you guys thinking if there's even any smoke to this that it reflects badly on Moderna? Wouldn't it at worst be that the Wuhan lab used Moderna's info to possibly engineer something in the lab?

Wait are you guys thinking if there's even any smoke to this that it reflects badly on Moderna? Wouldn't it at worst be that the Wuhan lab used Moderna's info to possibly engineer something in the lab?
Not really. But if true, I find it gross that a company that had a hand in its creation is making astounding profits from the "cure".

Not really. But if true, I find it gross that a company that had a hand in its creation is making astounding profits from the "cure".

It says the patent was from cancer research. Moderna had no part in the "creation," unless you're considering if a third party used Moderna's information to do something completely different "a part."

Because fox is not biased and full of shit the majority of the time lol. They all are actually but if you think your getting facts at this point from Fox news you need to rethink some things lmfao.

If you watch the video the Moderna CEO basically supports the lab made theory. Write less, read and view more

It says the patent was from cancer research. Moderna had no part in the "creation," unless you're considering if a third party used Moderna's information to do something completely different "a part."
Understood. I guess we'll see if this report has legs or not and if so what information may follow.

Last edited:
Just to piss off the handful of guys who don't want to read this thread but find themselves compelled to do so. Nice video attached.

Michael P Senger on Twitter: "Dr. Joseph Fraiman: “Personally, I would like to apologize to the three other scientists sitting with me here on Zoom, the proponents of the Great Barrington Declaration…I’m sorry, because I believe now you guys were correct. And you were correct from the beginning.”

ADVERTISEMENT