ADVERTISEMENT

COVID gratuitous dumpster fire thread

Since we’re comparing notes… my family has a mix of vaxed vs unvaxed. We have 7 we know to be unvaxed, none in high risk job positions. We’ve had 4 positives, 2 twice (total of 6). 2 mild symptoms, 3 moderate symptoms, 1 hospitalization, 2 heart attacks within 2 months of having Covid. The hospitalized case continues to have long-haul Covid symptoms for 2+ mos.
Among the 25 vaxed (5 nurses, 1 dr.), there has been 4 Covid positives, 3 mild (1 nurse), 1 moderate (infected at a high risk event, along with 5 others of our party).
Go ask any doctor or nurse who work directly with Covid patients if they think masks work. It’s not the mask that’s ineffective, it’s the wearer.

Reactions: Dogwelder
Since we’re comparing notes… my family has a mix of vaxed vs unvaxed. We have 7 we know to be unvaxed, none in high risk job positions. We’ve had 4 positives, 2 twice (total of 6). 2 mild symptoms, 3 moderate symptoms, 1 hospitalization, 2 heart attacks within 2 months of having Covid. The hospitalized case continues to have long-haul Covid symptoms for 2+ mos.
Among the 25 vaxed (5 nurses, 1 dr.), there has been 4 Covid positives, 3 mild (1 nurse), 1 moderate (infected at a high risk event, along with 5 others of our party).
Go ask any doctor or nurse who work directly with Covid patients if they think masks work. It’s not the mask that’s ineffective, it’s the wearer.
So will you commit to wearing a mask properly for the rest of your life so you don’t infect another human with a virus that could kill them?

Sen Ron Johnson hearings are entertaining. Certainly adds to my view that all data is questionable

The data put forth by the CDC and other US/state/local governments regarding Covid and it being driven by the unvaccinated does not match any of the data coming from the UK, Denmark, Israel, etc. That is why we are seeing many European countries dropping all covid restrictions because they know none of it works and that the vaccinated and non-vaccinated are both basically at the same risk.
Would you mind sharing some sources on this?

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
The data put forth by the CDC and other US/state/local governments regarding Covid and it being driven by the unvaccinated does not match any of the data coming from the UK, Denmark, Israel, etc. That is why we are seeing many European countries dropping all covid restrictions because they know none of it works and that the vaccinated and non-vaccinated are both basically at the same risk.

Again, more misinformation. Vaccine effectiveness data over the last year is consistent.

Reactions: Dogwelder
The US Healthcare System has been incredibly effective in shifting money from American tax payers to pharm giants.

Right, cuz this shift of money and power to big pharm at a steroid induced rate has only happened in the boundaries of the U.S.....Makes sense;) the fact is, in this case... it goes FAR beyond our Healthcare system

Right, cuz this shift of money and power to big pharm at a steroid induced rate has only happened in the boundaries of the U.S.....Makes sense;) the fact is, in this case... it goes FAR beyond our Healthcare system
Cmon man. You know that the pharmaceutical company profitability in the US far outpaced the rest of the world, right? 58% of the global pharma revenue comes from the US while only using 24% of the drugs.

Cmon man. You know that the pharmaceutical company profitability in the US far outpaced the rest of the world, right? 58% of the global pharma revenue comes from the US while only using 24% of the drugs.
oh, I absolutely agree with you that the U.S. Rich A-h o l e s and Politicians/Media they own are at the head of this monster and wealth movement (U.S. is to powerful to not be at the top of this) It just is quite obvious that this is bigger than the U.S....

From the well coordinated world wide start of the initial Can't be honest where it came from? why it came from there? and that they lied for the first month about the communicable nature of it? AND WE STILL DONT TALK ABOUT IT nor seem to care about it? oh by the way, enjoy the Olympics:)

TO

This is going to kill a ton of people so please Just 2 weeks to flatten the curve to Anything we do as long as we save even 1 life from carona...We Care, I come in Peace, I am from the Government and are here to help. 2 years later we are arguing over a smaller percentage of Death Difference in a vaccine for most groups of people. My eyes are on much different problems than yours. I don't question you are a caring individual, its obvious you are. We just differ on what the bigger threat is that could cause much more death in the long run...

and I am tired, and a Smart ass...lol Sorry

There are literally thousands upon thousands of rules and conventions that people can resist. Why not resist washing hands after using the rest room? Why not resist “no urinating on sidewalks”?

But no. So very many people are resisting the same one or two rules nowadays. Why? Maybe they are mere sheep following their laughing leaders?

Reactions: Gray52
There are literally thousands upon thousands of rules and conventions that people can resist. Why not resist washing hands after using the rest room? Why not resist “no urinating on sidewalks”?

But no. So very many people are resisting the same one or two rules nowadays. Why? Maybe they are mere sheep following their laughing leaders?
You have an ignorance that just keeps on giving.

The first person I saw not wearing a mask last night on TV was Jason, then bo, then Kyle. Proud of them. You masked people looked like sheep.
PSU is nuts. They have moved so far past common sense it’s unbelievable. I have no interest in supporting anything they do. First match of year 90% unmasked…last night 90% masked. If this is what everyone wants well you got it.

Reactions: psuplant
It's not the "healthcare" system. There is no "system", it's universal predation. Hobbes' Bellum omnium contra omnes.

It's everybody who expects that their healthcare expenses to be paid with OPM (other people's money). That starts with the ordinary person who complains that their office visit costs $25, continues with the parade of morons that end up in my wife's care who can't pass a bar or a Krispy Kreme and then end up in hospital with a 700 blood glucose and then check out AMA and end up losing a leg. It ends with companies that outsource their payroll costs by ensuring people are on MA.

Beware the Food Industrial Complex! Farmers and ranchers want to transfer our money into their pockets! Say no to food!

Last edited:
Beware the Nature Industrial Complex! Mother Nature wants to put her oxygen into our lungs. Say no to oxygen! :) #lockherup

If your "quality of life" is really built off of safety and civilization I can't even feel sorry for you anymore. I prefer freedom and prosperity.
Freedom and prosperity come from. The quality of life afforded to all of us in this civilized country. Many fought and died for it what really bothers me and I'm not taking a political side here is that the same people who demand the freedom to not get vaccinated are the very same people who criticized and ridiculed athletes for kneeling for the national anthem so are freedoms free or are freedoms different for everyone. Just a question playing devil's advocate here. What really becomes glaring in our culture is the absence of civics class from our learning institutions. Lol. We have Republicans and democrats going at it. The real con is getting the masses to believe that somehow they are different. In our particular government based on main stream liberalism (that doesn't mean liberal in the democratic party sense) both parties do not exist without the other. People need to wake up and realize this instead of pointing at the political other like they would be better off without them. We need liberals and we need conservatives end of story. Without them we either have anarchy or a dictatorship. Neither of which allows all to prosper or gives anyone freedom

Freedom and prosperity come from. The quality of life afforded to all of us in this civilized country. Many fought and died for it what really bothers me and I'm not taking a political side here is that the same people who demand the freedom to not get vaccinated are the very same people who criticized and ridiculed athletes for kneeling for the national anthem so are freedoms free or are freedoms different for everyone. Just a question playing devil's advocate here. What really becomes glaring in our culture is the absence of civics class from our learning institutions. Lol. We have Republicans and democrats going at it. The real con is getting the masses to believe that somehow they are different. In our particular government based on main stream liberalism (that doesn't mean liberal in the democratic party sense) both parties do not exist without the other. People need to wake up and realize this instead of pointing at the political other like they would be better off without them. We need liberals and we need conservatives end of story. Without them we either have anarchy or a dictatorship. Neither of which allows all to prosper or gives anyone freedom
For me Personal freedom, maybe 10 percent. 90 percent what Clint said. " Don't xxxx down my back and tell me it's raining". Anyone that couldn't see where this was going 2 years ago is a mushroom.

Reactions: psuplant
The first person I saw not wearing a mask last night on TV was Jason, then bo, then Kyle. Proud of them. You masked people looked like sheep.
The first person I saw urinating on the sidewalk was a homeless guy, then Adam Sandler in a movie. Then Hannity explained the philosophy and health benefits. Proud of them. You toilet and urinal users are like sheep.

The first person I saw urinating on the sidewalk was a homeless guy, then Adam Sandler in a movie. Then Hannity explained the philosophy and health benefits. Proud of them. You toilet and urinal users are like sheep.

I'm suprised you have 1st hand knowledge about urinals..

Never heard of them. I use only sidewalks, unlike you sheep. :)
On my property I pee where I want. In public, where I come from, it's public indecency. But you do you.

Lately, I have began to worry about you. The tone of your posts have changed. I blame the media and loss of critical thinking jk well sort of, any how you can relax the worm is turning and your ignorant bliss will be restored.

If I'm wrong and you are carrying water don't think there will be saving of a seat in the bunker for you.

Let's not do this any more I don't want a ban

Last edited:
… Lately, I have began to worry about you. The tone of your posts have changed …
Hey, PD4, I’m just messing with the logic in various posts in this thread. I just happened to grab yours. It could’ve been many other guys’. I should have [i.e., should of] used more smileys—I don’t know if they would’ve helped. Anyhow, I like you and most of your posts, and the same with Goggles, and Lookleft, and Tennessee, and other guys I spar with in this thread.

Thanks for noticing a tone shift. I think you’re right. I’ve seen it before in others. I see people shift tones and then go nuts and get banned. I’d better watch myself! 😬

I'm well aware of sacrifice having served two combat tours. Freedom has always been a touchy subject for me. I understand people being scared, but I know at our Legion Hall the vast majority tend to pick freedom over safety. I have noticed the reverse of what you are saying. I have heard women who support abortion claiming I owe them protection by masking up or getting a jab. I happen to be a true Libertarian in that I support all sorts of lewd acts and outlandish beliefs as long as I am not being forced to participate. Live and let live. Most of us just want to be left alone to make as many of our own choices as possible. I don't trust a government who has repeatedly put Americans in harms way only to completely abandon them when they return home from combat. This same government suddenly caring about my safety is more of a punchline than a realistic assessment of the actions we have seen during this virus response.

On my property I pee where I want. In public, where I come from, it's public indecency. But you do you.

Lately, I have began to worry about you. The tone of your posts have changed. I blame the media and loss of critical thinking jk well sort of, any how you can relax the worm is turning and your ignorant bliss will be restored.

If I'm wrong and you are carrying water don't think there will be saving of a seat in the bunker for you.

I couldn't agree more.

So after 44 pages, are we finally gaining agreement that on your own property, it's acceptable to pee anywhere? If so, about time. We should start a covid thread and see if we can beat 44 pages for agreement.

Ah, peeing on your own property. You know the difference between a good house and a great house? A good house is one where you can pee off the back porch, and the neighbors won't see you. A great house is one where you can pee off the front porch.

I can, I just have to time it right. 🤣

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT