ADVERTISEMENT

COVID gratuitous dumpster fire thread

CDC to put an end to wrestling season...

I just saw that. Just plain stupid. 20 year old elite athletes are at an extraordinary low risk due to Covid. Now canceling Iowa's season given the teams advanced age and multiple health (including mental health) issues might make sense.

CDC to put an end to wrestling season...

“As part of its guidance last updated on January 6, the CDC advised schools to "cancel or hold high-risk sports and extra-curricular activities virtually" any time a community has a "high" Covid-19 transmission rate.
The guidance links to a CDC map that indicates more than 99% of US counties are currently experiencing high transmission.
As schools battle Omicron, billions of federal relief dollars remain unspent

As schools battle Omicron, billions of federal relief dollars remain unspent

The CDC gives football and wrestling as examples of high-risk sports and says that "high-risk extracurricular activities are those in which increased exhalation occurs, such as activities that involve singing, shouting, band, or exercise, especially when conducted indoors."

Stay safe out there.....

Rapid Covid Test...
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: PASLP2
all they had to say was that ED was a lasting side effect of catching covid and this thing would have been eradicated march 2019.
Except for the fact they had no way of erradicating it in 2019, or now for that matter…..

Yes. “Simply”. It is very simple to manipulate abstract symbols on a page of slogans and use dictionary definitions to make false equivalences and call yourself a great thinker. “Freedom!” “Truth!” All superficial sloganeers know how to call things SIMPLE!

But when an abstraction engages with the real world … that’s when wisdom and impact come in. When you know how to compare two concrete scenarios, in kind and in amount, then you are doing something above sloganeering.

When you can walk into a store and buy food off the shelf and ingest it without rational, statistics-backed fear that you will die of mislabeling-caused poisoning or allergic reaction, then the f*cking truth-in-labeling laws are the GOOD GUYS.

Talking world affairs with people who have a simple abstract slogan-based worldview of “government rules are bad” and who refuse to realize or admit that rules are what civilization and safety and quality of life are built upon is like talking to a guy who categorically complains about oxygen in the air. It is embarrassing.

If your "quality of life" is really built off of safety and civilization I can't even feel sorry for you anymore. I prefer freedom and prosperity.

How are you free if you’re not safe? Let’s say there were no laws in place defending property rights. When you left for work, I walked in and claimed your house as mine. If that was the world we lived in, would you feel free to live your life?
As someone said earlier.......Darwinism.......the strongest gets the house. :)

Reactions: Dogwelder
If your "quality of life" is really built off of safety and civilization I can't even feel sorry for you anymore. I prefer freedom and prosperity.
Uh. When a person says that civilization and safety are not ingredients that go into quality of life or freedom or prosperity, then that person is either insincere (e.g., trolling) or genuinely highly intellectually challenged. In either case, it is confirmed that you are not worth talking to. When you proudly called young Greta ugly, that was strike one. This is strike two, you’re out. I don’t expect to reply to you again unless something very unexpected happens.

Reactions: Sportfan2017
How are you free if you’re not safe? Let’s say there were no laws in place defending property rights. When you left for work, I walked in and claimed your house as mine. If that was the world we lived in, would you feel free to live your life?
I would just stare in amazement how a guy with both of his knee caps shot off and his throat slit could walk.

Uh. When a person says that civilization and safety are not ingredients that go into quality of life or freedom or prosperity, then that person is either insincere (e.g., trolling) or genuinely highly intellectually challenged. In either case, it is confirmed that you are not worth talking to. When you proudly called young Greta ugly, that was strike one. This is strike two, you’re out. I don’t expect to reply to you again unless something very unexpected happens.
So we aren't friends? Dang. You act a like a teenage girl.

I’m sorry to bring wrestling into this thread, but died anyone have any insight into (or just general musings on) the possibility of Detroit/Little Caesar’s Arena requiring proof of vaccination for entry in March? I’m good, but the person I’m traveling with would have problems.

I’m sorry to bring wrestling into this thread, but died anyone have any insight into (or just general musings on) the possibility of Detroit/Little Caesar’s Arena requiring proof of vaccination for entry in March? I’m good, but the person I’m traveling with would have problems.
Just got Moderna number four myself!!

Reactions: 82bordeaux
My daughter's school requires full Vax including boosters for all students, they sanitize the desks every day, and they are 100% masked at all times even outdoors in gym class while running.

For the past 2 months we have received at least 20 different ' your child may have been exposed...' warnings issued when someone in one if her classes tests positive. Last week we received one every day.

Tuesday she finally felt sick and tested positive. Here is a look at our family:

Daughter 2x Pfizer vaxed sick and tested positive.

Wife 3x Pfizer vaxed with her last booster the first week of January - sick and tested positive

Myself J&J vaxed sick and tested positive

My son - no Vax - he had a headache 1/2 of tuesday. He was tested Monday and negative. He works remote and gets tested weekly by his employer. If infected he is by far in the best condition of all of us. He has absolutely been exposed many times over the past week.

We all work remote from home, and have been taking Zinc and Vit D throughout the pandemic.

Net-net it reinforces what I believed and have seen anecdotally dozens of times across my circle of coworkers and friends. I would say since the early fall nearly 100% of the positives I have seen were amongst the vaccinated. A number of times everyone in a family gets it. I still think anyone in a high risk category is crazy not to get vaxed.

1) Masks as they are used today throughout society are not really that effective

2) I will chose to believe the data that is fed to us that symptoms are lessened with the Vax, but on balance the Vaccines are not that effective at preventing infection, developing illness, or transmission to others. 1/2 the country still believes this is a pandemic of the unvaccinated.

Big pharma will always be chasing the latest variants and will remain one cycle behind, not so dissimilar to the guessing that takes place with flu vaccines every year. Regardless they win huge $$$ as long as mandates remain. There is zero downside for Big pharma as long as the critical questions remain censored.

This thing is endemic today, it is not going away, it is time to shed the masks, vax only the most vulnerable, and get on with our lives.

PS - 3 days in I think we will all be fine. Our biggest concern is my wife's 82 year old immunocompromized and Vaxed dad whom she cares for multiple days a week. She hasn't been around him since last week, but if he gets it, it will not be good.

Last edited:
Net-net it reinforces what I believed and have seen anecdotally dozens of times across my circle of coworkers and friends. I would say since the early fall 100% of the positives I have seen, which is a small sample and is conclusively not indicative of the population as a whole, were amongst the vaccinated. A number of times everyone in a family gets it.

fixed that for you.

My daughter's school requires full Vax including boosters for all students, they sanitize the desks every day, and they are 100% masked at all times even outdoors in gym class while running.

For the past 2 months we have received at least 20 different ' your child may have been exposed...' warnings issued when someone in one if her classes tests positive. Last week we received one every day.

Tuesday she finally felt sick and tested positive. Here is a look at our family:

Daughter 2x Pfizer vaxed sick and tested positive.

Wife 3x Pfizer vaxed with her last booster the first week of January - sick and tested positive

Myself J&J vaxed sick and tested positive

My son - no Vax - he had a headache 1/2 of tuesday. He was tested Monday and negative. He works remote and gets tested weekly by his employer. If infected he is by far in the best condition of all of us. He has absolutely been exposed many times over the past week.

We all work remote from home, and have been taking Zinc and Vit D throughout the pandemic.

Net-net it reinforces what I believed and have seen anecdotally dozens of times across my circle of coworkers and friends. I would say since the early fall 100% of the positives I have seen were amongst the vaccinated. A number of times everyone in a family gets it.

1) Masks as they are used today throughout society are not really that effective

2) I will chose to believe the data that is fed to us that symptoms are lessened with the Vax, but on balance the Vaccines are not that effective at preventing infection, developing illness, or transmission to others. 1/2 the country still believes this is a pandemic of the unvaccinated.

Big pharma will always be chasing the latest variants and will remain one cycle behind, not so dissimilar to the guessing that takes place with flu vaccines every year. Regardless they win huge $$$ as long as mandates remain. There is zero downside for Big pharma as long as the critical questions remain censored.

This thing is endemic today, it is not going away, it is time to shed the masks, vax only the most vulnerable, and get on with our lives.

PS - 3 days in I think we will all be fine. Our biggest concern is my wife's 82 year old immunocompromized and Vaxed dad whom she cares for multiple days a week. She hasn't been around him since last week, but if he gets it, it will not be good.
I was talking to a friend that at work they were exposed so everyone had to get tested. Everyone tested positive but 2 employees.....both of them were unvaxed

… This thing is endemic today, it is not going away, it is time to shed the masks, vax only the most vulnerable, and get on with our lives …
Uh. So you recite a bunch of well-known observations about how we have not won decisively against COVID, and then somehow you conclude therefore that we should disarm ourselves by vaccinating fewer people, so that more people will die.* Is today Non-Sequitur Day?

* At this point, it is beyond clear that the vaccinated are less likely to die, in every age group, and the fewer people you vaccinate, the more people will die. Crabby, I think, had posted a chart that shows this, and every day there are headlines about another study that shows it.

The data indicates that Omicron has ripped through the vaxxed folks, anecdotes, or personal beliefs, be damned.

My aunt and uncle, both upper age and with comorbidities got covid. My uncle is not vaccinated and my aunt was. My aunt is at home praying for my uncle to return from the hospital.

My wife and I were both vacced and caught Delta. Basically, cold symptoms for 6 days. My best friend from work, our age and in good health, unvaccinated. We're currently praying for him to get out of the hospital.

Small sample size that does not prove anything. But the overall data supports what @Dogwelder stated.

The data indicates that Omicron has ripped through the vaxxed folks, anecdotes, or personal beliefs, be damned.

of course, but the majority of cases are among the unvaccinated when about 2/3 of the country is vaccinated. not to mention the large majority of hospitalizations and overwhelming majority of deaths being unvaccinated.

to say 100% of positives are vaccinated is asinine, even if you try to walk it back by saying it's your personal experience.

A huge problem with the statistics is that they count people who are vaccinated but inside the two week window as unvaccinated. They also say X% of the covid cases, hospitalizations, ICU, death are in the unvaccinated and neglect to tell you that they are including the cases from 2020 as unvaccinated before a vaccine was even available.

I am unvaccinated, have not had a sniffle in two years. My wife is vaccinated, she has not gotten Covid and since she is a pharmacist, she has given plenty of vaccines and is around plenty of sick people...lots of exposures. My two daughters both vaccinated, have both tested positive, no symptoms.

I am not worried, I have zero co-morbidities.

My aunt and uncle, both upper age and with comorbidities got covid. My uncle is not vaccinated and my aunt was. My aunt is at home praying for my uncle to return from the hospital.

My wife and I were both vacced and caught Delta. Basically, cold symptoms for 6 days. My best friend from work, our age and in good health, unvaccinated. We're currently praying for him to get out of the hospital.

Small sample size that does not prove anything. But the overall data supports what @Dogwelder stated.
Explain to me where I responded to Dogwelder. I'll wait.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
FC- Saw this article on a study out of Johns Hopkins (and Lund University, Sweden?) the other day. Would love to see if after peer review.

Last edited:
They also say X% of the covid cases, hospitalizations, ICU, death are in the unvaccinated and neglect to tell you that they are including the cases from 2020 as unvaccinated before a vaccine was even available.

That's simply not true, especially the 2020 comment, and there's plenty of data available to prove it. You can find links in the vaccination update thread on the main board.

Good lord people. Get the shot if you want it. Hell get 1 everyday if you want. Leave people alone. Stay in your basement and hide under your rubber mat. Why screw with other people? Most people I know vaxed and unvaxed have probably had Covid by now. To most of us it was a day or two of sickness and a couple weeks of weird taste/smell issues.

That's simply not true, especially the 2020 comment, and there's plenty of data available to prove it. You can find links in the vaccination update thread on the main board.
The data put forth by the CDC and other US/state/local governments regarding Covid and it being driven by the unvaccinated does not match any of the data coming from the UK, Denmark, Israel, etc. That is why we are seeing many European countries dropping all covid restrictions because they know none of it works and that the vaccinated and non-vaccinated are both basically at the same risk.

The data put forth by the CDC and other US/state/local governments regarding Covid and it being driven by the unvaccinated does not match any of the data coming from the UK, Denmark, Israel, etc. That is why we are seeing many European countries dropping all covid restrictions because they know none of it works and that the vaccinated and non-vaccinated are both basically at the same risk.
Maybe they don't have enough elected greed mongers making money hand over fist off of restrictions and mandates.

ADVERTISEMENT