ADVERTISEMENT

COVID gratuitous dumpster fire thread

giphy.gif
Always love your stuff. Aren't you just dying to know what caused this reaction? Going from laughing to terror in 1/10 of a second? I am :)

True
I'm with you to a point. I'm vaxxed with Pfizer, caught the Delta variant, not a big deal because of the vaxx. My Cal Poly son is vaxxed. My complaint is the mandates. The PRC can suck my ass. I'm against mandates but if the PRC has to do it, at least let my son go to a local doctor.

Princeton restricting travel until Feb. I assume that means all matches canceled…certainly the away matchs. Maybe Quincy Monday has had enough and would like to wrestle 157 second semester for the good guys! Glory is welcome too…though it appears he will have some tough competition for the starting job.

Princeton restricting travel until Feb. I assume that means all matches canceled…certainly the away matchs. Maybe Quincy Monday has had enough and would like to wrestle 157 second semester for the good guys! Glory is welcome too…though it appears he will have some tough competition for the starting job.
Ahhh....but how long will it take PSU to approve transfer of their credits. After all.....it's only an Ivy League School :)

• Haha
Reactions: Lovethissport
If all players and staff had followed guidelines and worn quality masks.......UCLA would now be in Halftime of the Holiday Bowl. They are however.....not playing. NC State has been in San Diego since the 23rd......now playing Video Games.....hopefully Madden (RIP)

If all players and staff had followed guidelines and worn quality masks.......UCLA would now be in Halftime of the Holiday Bowl. They are however.....not playing. NC State has been in San Diego since the 23rd......now playing Video Games.....hopefully Madden (RIP)
Which guidelines didn't they follow?

And, now that this happened, , I see we're shifting to "quality masks." Maybe if CDC had come out with this guidance before yesterday, UCLA would have had "quality masks."

But, here was their latest guidance. Point out to me where it says 'quality masks.' https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated-guidance.html

Or, this one, which specifically discusses plain old cloth masks within a discussion about masks that can be worn to prevent getting sick, published on September 23... https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/types-of-masks.html

And, finally, ask me what percentage of my household came down with covid just before Christmas, despite three being fully jabbed and one being fully jabbed and boosted. But, but, but, it keeps the infection from being so bad. Yeah, okay, but again we were told it prevents infection, reduces hospitalization and death. Yet, we're seeing case rates as high as ever.

And, now that this happened, , I see we're shifting to "quality masks." Maybe if CDC had come out with this guidance before yesterday, UCLA would have had "quality masks."

But, here was their latest guidance. Point out to me where it says 'quality masks.' https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated-guidance.html

Or, this one, which specifically discusses plain old cloth masks within a discussion about masks that can be worn to prevent getting sick, published on September 23... https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/types-of-masks.html

And, finally, ask me what percentage of my household came down with covid just before Christmas, despite three being fully jabbed and one being fully jabbed and boosted. But, but, but, it keeps the infection from being so bad. Yeah, okay, but again we were told it prevents infection, reduces hospitalization and death. Yet, we're seeing case rates as high as ever.
Did you miss "Quality Masks".......no place did I say cloth masks....ie..... Kn95 or N95 masks which are 5 layers of materials and waterproof and stop particles as small as 3 Microns. The Covid-19 spore is smaller than that BUT only attaches itself to droplets of moisture as small as 5 microns...with most droplets larger. As stated....waterproof. Can't pass in or out. When properly worn you can not expell it out nor breath it in. Period

Did you miss "Quality Masks".......no place did I say cloth masks....ie..... Kn95 or N95 masks which are 5 layers of materials and waterproof and stop particles as small as 3 Microns. The Covid-19 spore is smaller than that BUT only attaches itself to droplets of moisture as small as 5 microns...with most droplets larger. As stated....waterproof. Can't pass in or out. When properly worn you can not expell it out nor breath it in. Period
I very much saw your comment on "quality masks."

"And, now that this happened, (video link), I see we're shifting to "quality masks." Or, at least you are shifting your language, considering that the CDC discusses cloth masks on the linked web page.

And, which guidelines didn't they follow? I missed that in your answer.

It is also highly inaccurate to say cloth masks are worthless. Cloth masks prevent Significant amounts of moisture from travelling more than 6 ft. Hence the previously suggested 6 ft. Distance between people. But the newer DELTA and especially OMICRON variations are much more contagious and potent so a smaller concentration is required to infect. The new guidelines suggest 9ft. to at least 12 feet if wearing cloth masks. Much less if wearing the 5 layer KN95 or N95 masks which are essentially 100% effective if worn properly. Updated Scientific testing means much better solutions to combat the spread. People who ignore the improvements in Scientific Knowledge and simply complain that older science doesn't work well with new variants are deliberately ignoring the new science that applies to the new variants. Intentionally misleading people and creating dangerous risks to the population. Not something you should be bragging about :( What Guideline did they not follow? The latest available Scientific guidelines.....which have been available for at least 2 weeks or more and available as strong suggestions for longer than that. UCLA should be finishing up playing NC State right Now......but the latest guidelines were not followed

Last edited:
It is also highly inaccurate to say cloth masks are worthless. Cloth masks prevent Significant amounts of moisture from travelling more than 6 ft. Hence the previously suggested 6 ft. Distance between people. But the newer DELTA and especially OMICRON variations are much more contagious and potent so a smaller concentration is required to infect. The new guidelines suggest 9ft. to at least 12 feet if wearing cloth masks. Much less if wearing the 5 layer KN95 or N95 masks which are essentially 100% effective if worn properly. Updated Scientific testing means much better solutions to combat the spread. People who ignore the improvements in Scientific Knowledge and simply complain that older science doesn't work well with new variants are deliberately ignoring the new science that applies to the new variants. Intentionally misleading people and creating dangerous risks to the population. Not something you should be bragging about :( What Guideline did they not follow? The latest available Scientific guidelines.....which have been available for at least 2 weeks or more available as strong suggestions for longer than that.
Can you show us proof that UCLA's football team didn't follow the latest available scientific guidelines? Where did you get your information?

And, where does one find these new Scientific guidelines. Got a link?

Can you show us proof that UCLA's football team didn't follow the latest available scientific guidelines? Where did you get your information?

What about Monday…could he beat out Negron? How about Glory v Hildebrandt? Is there still time to get them in?

1. That is like asking what proof is there that if they wore bulletproof vest during the mass shooting....that they would be alive today. THEY ARE ALIVE TODAY. They got infected in a pretty sizable amount....enough to cancel the game. Had they worn proper masks and followed distancing requirements they would be playing the game.
2. Try checking the latest CDC Guidelines....not hard to find.
3. Following the latest CDC guidelines makes a serious Covid-19 infestation pretty much impossible. Again....not hard to find. You might have to check an actual news site which could be the problem :)

Reactions: NittanyChris
1. That is like asking what proof is there that if they wore bulletproof vest during the mass shooting....that they would be alive today. THEY ARE ALIVE TODAY. They got infected in a pretty sizable amount....enough to cancel the game. Had they worn proper masks and followed distancing requirements they would be playing the game.
2. Try checking the latest CDC Guidelines....not hard to find.
3. Following the latest CDC guidelines makes a serious Covid-19 infestation pretty much impossible. Again....not hard to find. You might have to check an actual news site which could be the problem :)
Bullet proof vests don't prevent people from being killed, just like all of the covid precautions don't prevent people from getting covid. Or, at least all of the precautions that we've been told for two years would prevent covid.

So, you have no link.

The CDC felt this 9-12 foot rule was so important that they haven't updated it on their own website?

A Google search offers no news stories about increasing social distancing, depending upon the type of mask. So, please, since you're so good at this stuff, provide a link. I want to keep my family safe. If the CDC isn't getting this info out adequately, don't you think you should?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ski
Wanted to give more personal experience to the thread.....

We had a great year for work and structured the end of the year to have a soft construction schedule in January. With that we had a trip planned to Florida this whole week ending w the bowl game.

Omicron had different ideas.

On Christmas morning my son who is vaxxed tested positive. Fever, aches and sore throat. Sunday his fever broke and he has been fine since.

On Sunday my daughter tested positive. She is not vaxxed. Same symptoms as my son. She broke her fever Monday. She is back to being her normal self.

I am vaxxed but due for booster in January. I tested positive yesterday. Fever aches blah blah. My fever broke last night and today I just have a head full.

Wife is vaxxed but not due for booster until the spring as she has autoimmune issues and waited awhile to vaxx per consultation w her doctors. She was smart and started taking meds early before fever sat in unlike the rest of us. So she has yet to get a fever. But has sore throat, cough and aches.

Being outside DC we can't get tests anywhere.

We had a bunch stocked up for our employees but got hit hard giving them out and using them these past days.

My family in pa is buying them in pa and shipping them down here. A couple of my guys have tried the free lines but unsuccessful due to shortage.

I'm sure there will be lessons learned from this experience. But I'm happy to have got it and did well with it. My mom and delta had a helluva time and she was vaxxed.

Just wanted to give my experience as another data point for folks to consider.

Luckily all the folks we booked things with refunded our money. Getting stu k w the football tix but oh well. I'll take the overall savings and put it into $FTM this month

We had a great year for work and structured the end of the year to have a soft construction schedule in January. With that we had a trip planned to Florida this whole week ending w the bowl game.

On Christmas morning my son who is vaxxed tested positive. Fever, aches and sore throat. Sunday his fever broke and he has been fine since.

On Sunday my daughter tested positive. She is not vaxxed. Same symptoms as my son. She broke her fever Monday. She is back to being her normal self.

I am vaxxed but due for booster in January. I tested positive yesterday. Fever aches blah blah. My fever broke last night and today I just have a head full.

Wife is vaxxed but not due for booster until the spring as she has autoimmune issues and waited awhile to vaxx per consultation w her doctors. She was smart and started taking meds early before fever sat in unlike the rest of us. So she has yet to get a fever. But has sore throat, cough and aches.

We had a bunch stocked up for our employees but got hit hard giving them out and using them these past days.

My family in pa is buying them in pa and shipping them down here. A couple of my guys have tried the free lines but unsuccessful due to shortage.

I'm sure there will be lessons learned from this experience. But I'm happy to have got it and did well with it. My mom and delta had a helluva time and she was vaxxed.

Luckily all the folks we booked things with refunded our money. Getting stu k w the football tix but oh well. I'll take the overall savings and put it into $FTM this month
Similar story here.

There are four people in my household. Youngest son started feeling it last Tuesday. He is vaxxed. Then my wife and I started feeling bad on Thursday/Friday. I'm vaxxed. She is vaxxed and boosted. Son took a home test on Thursday, which was confirmed with PCR. I had a positive rapid test on Sunday, and we're waiting on my wife's test that she took Monday.

Oldest son had an asymptomatic case last December, and is vaxxed. So far, he's fine.

Bullet proof vests don't prevent people from being killed, just like all of the covid precautions don't prevent people from getting covid. Or, at least all of the precautions that we've been told for two years would prevent covid.

So, you have no link.

The CDC felt this 9-12 foot rule was so important that they haven't updated it on their own website?

A Google search offers no news stories about increasing social distancing, depending upon the type of mask. So, please, since you're so good at this stuff, provide a link. I want to keep my family safe. If the CDC isn't getting this info out adequately, don't you think you should?
I just did! Shouldn't you be spreading the info?

So, you have no link.
OK.....Bullet proof vests don't work if they shoot you in the face. Do you need a link for that? Pour water in your mask. If it leaks......you are allowing water droplets in and out. If it doesn't leak.....you are NOT letting water droplets in or out. Do you need a link for that one too? Good grief man THINK........and possibly do some simple research.

Drove 400 miles to Ohio Sunday to split the trip to NJ/PA into equal parts. Felt a little off myself that night, but tested negative. Eight year old son tested positive before we pushed off Monday morning, so we turned around to drive the 400 miles home. Couldn’t risk hanging out with 70-something parents. As expected all three of us have now tested positive. Both adults boosted in Dec 16-21 frame. Son fully kid-vaxxed. He had a 24 hour fever. Just cold-like this far for myself and “Mom.”

As compliant as we’ve been can’t imagine 1/2 the country won’t have this soon regardless of what official stats say.

Reactions: Ski
Reactions: Ski and 86PSUPaul
Drove 400 miles to Ohio Sunday to split the trip to NJ/PA into equal parts. Felt a little off myself that night, but tested negative. Eight year old son tested positive before we pushed off Monday morning, so we turned around to drive the 400 miles home. Couldn’t risk hanging out with 70-something parents. As expected all three of us have now tested positive. Both adults boosted in Dec 16-21 frame. Son fully kid-vaxxed. He had a 24 hour fever. Just cold-like this far for myself and “Mom.”

As compliant as we’ve been can’t imagine 1/2 the country won’t have this soon regardless of what official stats say.
Yep. We cancelled plans which included 6 70-plus year olds.

I owe everyone here an apology. I have searched for the CDC guidance that Sporty has been talking about, and I finally found it.

CDC Comes Up With New Covid Guidelines, Only Tells Random Internet Poster on an Obscure Wrestling Message Board, Football Teams Expected to Comply

Apparently, the CDC has come up with a new method of issuing the latest guidance. It's in message 1370.
You call BWI an Obscure Wrestling Site?? May your loins be infested by the fleas of a thousand camels :)

PS: please post a link showing that BWI is officially listed as an obscure wrestling site.

Personal experience w CV:

Four days after attending a slow and very crowded event with my son he tested positive, he was 5 months post double jab. He came home from school that day with a sore throat.

I was asymptomatic and tested positive right after him. I was also 5 months post double jab. My wife and daughter tested negative and never got it, both were double jabbed also.

Son is an early teen, lost five pounds and wasn’t back to presickness weight for five weeks. He doesn’t carry extra weight and was in very good shape when he got sick. He’s back to normal and kept a good attitude throughout. Took patience.

Im late 40’s and two days after being asymptomatic and testing positive I got sick for a few days. Aches, headaches, fog headed, lost smell, very tired, dry cough, extreme bouts of light headedness, etc. but never fever. Five days after testing positive I started moving again and saw progress so I moved more each day still sleeping 10-12 hours a day. Ultimately I’m back but probably took 4-5 weeks to get back to where I was before getting sick.

One of the weirder illnesses I’ve had; pneumonia, flu, common cold, Lyme disease…none were like this. I wish I had been monitoring my 02 levels but didn’t get an oximeter til after.

Both my son and I were worn down while we were sick. Made me realize quarantine wasn’t a bad thing bc it minimized our risk of picking up secondary infections. In other words, I felt like my body was doing enough with CV it didn’t need to fight flu, strep, etc on top what it was doing to recover from CV.

Stay safe wrestling fans!

Brilliant. You obviously have plenty of time.....wonder why you can't find time to do any of your OWN real research.....not even if it involves your families' health. Fascinating
And, you still can't link to the original information you are purporting as fact on here. That, too, is fascinating.

Reactions: 86PSUPaul

May I ask what type of meds your wife started taking early?

Felt bad last week and tested neg for covid. I stayed home for fear of getting anyone else sick at the pre Christmas party.

So I went to the after Christmas party since it was mostly younger people. When my sil got home their daughter tested pos for covid.

I might be jumping from the flu to covid.

Last edited:
And, you still can't link to the original information you are purporting as fact on here. That, too, is fascinating.
Priceless. I guess I could have stated earlier that I have never attached a link to ANYTHING...simply because I have no clue how. But it was so much more amusing to see what incredibly obvious statements that were also incredibly easy to verify that you would not attempt to verify but demand a "Link" instead. So let's look at my statements:
1. "Kn95 or N95 masks which are 5 layers of materials and waterproof and stop particles as small as 3 Microns. The Covid-19 spore is smaller than that BUT only attaches itself to droplets of moisture as small as 5 microns...with most droplets larger. As stated....waterproof. Can't pass in or out."
You could simply type:
or: "Will waterproof facemasks stop water droplets from getting in or out?" Duhh....yes...But you want a link...Ha Ha
2. "DELTA and especially OMICRON variations are much more contagious and potent so a smaller concentration is required to infect". All you have to do is cut and paste this very statement....but you can't figure that out ...Wow
PS: It is true
3."new guidelines suggest 9ft. to at least 12 feet if wearing single layer cloth masks." You could simply type in something to the effect of "How does the quality of masks affect how far the covid spray will travel from a covered mouth"? Spoiler Alert: There is a direct connection between the layers and quality of the mask and how far the exhaled stream travels. N95 is essentially zero and single cloth is 9-12 ft.
***Type in: "If the exhaled stream of a Covid cough travels 9-12ft. through a single cloth mask.....how far away should I stand"? You actually need a link to figure that one? Spoiler alert: The correct answer is 9-12 ft...DUHH

It is clear that your goal is not to think or learn.......It is simply to Argue. So....you win.......I cannot post a link supporting that 1+1 = 2. In your world....It therefore must not be true :) Enjoy you day....I surrender :)

May I ask what type of meds your wife started taking early?

Felt bad last week and tested neg for covid. I stayed home for fear of getting anyone else sick at the pre Christmas party.

So I went to the after Christmas party since it was mostly younger people. When my sil got home their daughter tested pos for covid.

I might be jumping from the flu to covid.
Just OTC cold and cough stuff.

Reactions: PD4thespawn
Priceless. I guess I could have stated earlier that I have never attached a link to ANYTHING...simply because I have no clue how. But it was so much more amusing to see what incredibly obvious statements that were also incredibly easy to verify that you would not attempt to verify but demand a "Link" instead. So let's look at my statements:
1. "Kn95 or N95 masks which are 5 layers of materials and waterproof and stop particles as small as 3 Microns. The Covid-19 spore is smaller than that BUT only attaches itself to droplets of moisture as small as 5 microns...with most droplets larger. As stated....waterproof. Can't pass in or out."
You could simply type:
or: "Will waterproof facemasks stop water droplets from getting in or out?" Duhh....yes...But you want a link...Ha Ha
2. "DELTA and especially OMICRON variations are much more contagious and potent so a smaller concentration is required to infect". All you have to do is cut and paste this very statement....but you can't figure that out ...Wow
PS: It is true
3."new guidelines suggest 9ft. to at least 12 feet if wearing single layer cloth masks." You could simply type in something to the effect of "How does the quality of masks affect how far the covid spray will travel from a covered mouth"? Spoiler Alert: There is a direct connection between the layers and quality of the mask and how far the exhaled stream travels. N95 is essentially zero and single cloth is 9-12 ft.
***Type in: "If the exhaled stream of a Covid cough travels 9-12ft. through a single cloth mask.....how far away should I stand"? You actually need a link to figure that one? Spoiler alert: The correct answer is 9-12 ft...DUHH

It is clear that your goal is not to think or learn.......It is simply to Argue. So....you win.......I cannot post a link supporting that 1+1 = 2. In your world....It therefore must not be true :) Enjoy you day....I surrender :)
So a guideline is four pieces of random information, that one has to google. You clearly indicated that there are guidelines, which exist somewhere, that UCLA didn't follow, or they would have been playing football last night. But, now we find out that guidelines are just random bits of information that UCLA was supposed to google and put together themselves. Right. Got it.

I googled your phrase, both with and without quotes, from your number 3. Interestingly, the guidelines that come up from the CDC indicate that you should not wear N95 masks, as they should be prioritized for health care personnel. Man, that CDC is on top of its game, isn't it? But, what those guidelines don't talk about is an updated guideline on social distancing by mask type. In fact, in exactly ZERO of the first ten links that came up was there any discussion about 9-12 feet of distancing if you're wearing a cloth mask. So, the bottom line is, there are no guidelines from anyone, that would have eliminated the possibility of UCLA players from getting covid. None.

Reactions: 86PSUPaul and Ski
I just woke up from a long nap. Is covid still a thing? I thought that fad went out with Spencer Lee's knees and the I Phone 12.

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
So, we only have to stay home 5 days to quarantine instead of 10, now, despite a new variant that is apparently max-contagious mode?

I'm not even anti-whatever... But I struggle to follow the logic, sometimes.
And, you don't even have to test negative at the end of those five days, but wear a mask, just in case. LOL.

Edit: AND, the reason you don't need to take a test at the end of those five days? A PCR test can show positive for up to 12 WEEKS after you've had covid. And, we're just now finding this out?

The science for this one is easy. The science says the airlines were fixing to lose way too much money due to canceling flights.

Last edited:
So a guideline is four pieces of random information, that one has to google. 3. You clearly indicated that there are guidelines, which exist somewhere, that UCLA didn't follow, or they would have been playing football last night. But, now we find out that guidelines are just random bits of information that UCLA was supposed to google and put together themselves. Right. Got it.

I googled your phrase, both with and without quotes, from your number 3. Interestingly, the guidelines that come up from the 1. CDC indicate that you should not wear N95 masks, as they should be prioritized for health care personnel. Man, that CDC is on top of its game, isn't it? But, what those guidelines don't talk about is an updated guideline on social distancing by mask type. In fact, in exactly ZERO of the 2. first ten links that came up was there any discussion about 9-12 feet of distancing if you're wearing a cloth mask. So, the bottom line is, there are no guidelines from anyone, that would have eliminated the possibility of UCLA players from getting covid. None.
1. WOW. Did you not check the date on that article. That was almost 2 years ago. Did you even Google N95 masks for sale? Of course not. Try Amazon.....you can by dozens from hundreds of suppliers. I just bought 50 American Made N95 on Monday. Using and spreading outdated info is dangerous Mis-Information...as if you care.
2. The recent info is there if you choose to be informed....as if you care
3. The evidence that they didn't follow guidelines is obvious to anyone ...but you. So many players or coaches etc. got infected that they had to cancel their participation. Period. The guidelines are quite simple. Wear a quality mask. Social Distance. Avoid people and locations that don't follow those two simple rules. GET TESTED. Wash often. Use 91% alcohol or equivilant to clean up areas. Avoid people and places that don't follow those simple rules. Common Sense. My son was on an aircraft carrier during the Pandemic. 8,000 sailors on a floating tin can. He worked as a Nuclear Tech....many floors under the surface. Less than 2% of Sailors work in that department. They can't get sick. If a dozen fall sick in the same area they might shut down the Nuclear engines and therefore the entire Ship. So they don't get sick. They follow simple guidelines. They wear masks. They get tested. They avoid anyplace that doesn't follow simple protocols. Sure...they have to avoid bars. They order to go or get it delivered. They shop online. They avoid big crowds....and often personal family contact. They get tested...a lot. They do what they HAVE to do. It might be weeks before someone tests positive and they never had a remotely serious outbreak. Because they followed the simple basic CDC guidelines and TOOK THEM SERIOUSLY. All for one. They are our defense force. Their job was too important to fail. The football team failed because too many people didn't take the common sense guidelines seriously. Which particular Guideline? I have no clue. But it has been proven it can be done. It can't be done if a a few question the basic rules and decide they are for others. It can't be done if a few find the sacrifices too infringing on their individual desires. It can't be done if a few question the common sense Science and decide it isn't for them. It can't be done if a few decide to believe outdated and/or dangerous misinformation. It can be done if one chooses to be informed or at least trust that if they all do their part....they will succeed. Happy New Year!

PS: I just read an article that said the French Crossbow was by far the most powerful weapon on planet Earth......apparently far more powerful than a Hydrogen Bomb. Wait........I have just been informed that the article I read was from 1025 AD...........Nevermind :) #researchmatters

Last edited:
1. WOW. Did you not check the date on that article. That was almost 2 years ago. Did you even Google N95 masks for sale? Of course not. Try Amazon.....you can by dozens from hundreds of suppliers. I just bought 50 American Made N95 on Monday. Using and spreading outdated info is dangerous Mis-Information...as if you care.
2. The recent info is there if you choose to be informed....as if you care
3. The evidence that they didn't follow guidelines is obvious to anyone ...but you. So many players or coaches etc. got infected that they had to cancel their participation. Period. The guidelines are quite simple. Wear a quality mask. Social Distance. Avoid people and locations that don't follow those two simple rules. GET TESTED. Wash often. Use 91% alcohol or equivilant to clean up areas. Avoid people and places that don't follow those simple rules. Common Sense. My son was on an aircraft carrier during the Pandemic. 8,000 sailors on a floating tin can. He worked as a Nuclear Tech....many floors under the surface. Less than 2% of Sailors work in that department. They can't get sick. If a dozen fall sick in the same area they might shut down the Nuclear engines and therefore the entire Ship. So they don't get sick. They follow simple guidelines. They wear masks. They get tested. They avoid anyplace that doesn't follow simple protocols. Sure...they have to avoid bars. They order to go or get it delivered. They shop online. They avoid big crowds....and often personal family contact. They get tested...a lot. They do what they HAVE to do. It might be weeks before someone tests positive and they never had a remotely serious outbreak. Because they followed the simple basic CDC guidelines and TOOK THEM SERIOUSLY. All for one. They are our defense force. Their job was too important to fail. The football team failed because too many people didn't take the common sense guidelines seriously. Which particular Guideline? I have no clue. But it has been proven it can be done. It can't be done if a a few question the basic rules and decide they are for others. It can't be done if a few find the sacrifices too infringing on their individual desires. It can't be done if a few question the common sense Science and decide it isn't for them. It can't be done if a few decide to believe outdated and/or dangerous misinformation. It can be done if one chooses to be informed or at least trust that if they all do their part....they will succeed. Happy New Year!

PS: I just read an article that said the French Crossbow was by far the most powerful weapon on planet Earth......apparently far more powerful than a Hydrogen Bomb. Wait........I have just been informed that the article I read was from 1025 AD...........Nevermind :) #researchmatters
I deeply regret coming into this thread. But damn dude, if you're being completely serious (and not tongue in cheek), you're coming off as very pompous.

I deeply regret coming into this thread. But damn dude, if you're being completely serious (and not tongue in cheek), you're coming off as very pompous.
Thanks for the input....seriously. Appreciate it. I obviously wasn't shooting for pompous :). Granted there was some tongue in cheek but mostly I was shooting for entirely recent fact based information combined with the real-world experiences I have witnessed with my son and his fellow Nuclear Techs in a highly confined enviornment which most might consider a possible super spreader scenario that turned out to be quite the opposite through serious dedication to basic protocalls of a safe Covid-19 experience. Yes....there were a few comments born of frustration and exasperation that were not positive in reference to someone who kept answering with completely false and/or completely and obviously outdated information....which I believe to clearly be dangerous misinformation. If that came across as pompous.....I guess I plead guilty as charged. My only comment would be.....question....learn....trust the Science and do what is best for the whole.....even if it is an inconvenience to you and yours as individuals. It is being done by those who realize the gravity of the situation.....and can be done by all.....if they buy into the all for one attitude. I am sure I missed the mark as the best way to say it.......But I certainly want to find the best way to say what is obvious and necessary......Help me do that.....without the pompous :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT