ADVERTISEMENT

COVID gratuitous dumpster fire thread

A semi interesting Gallop poll, reflecting the lack of accurate knowledge & perceptions amongst the public in terms of risk of hospitalization from CV. The fear campaign has been quite effective.

U.S. Adults' Estimates of COVID-19 Hospitalization Risk

A semi interesting Gallop poll, reflecting the lack of accurate knowledge & perceptions amongst the public in terms of risk of hospitalization from CV. The fear campaign has been quite effective.

Interesting article. Members of the 2 major parties typically go to different sources for their bias confirming propaganda news, so I think that probably explains the differences in their risk estimation.

My daughter is a nurse. Her and her husband had been trying to have a baby for a long time and found out several weeks ago that she is pregnant. Her employer has started pressuring the nurses to be vaccinated but shes refusing to do it and said if it comes to losing her job she is willing to go ahead and lose her job. I dont know what to tell her. Just feel bad for her because she has worked like a dog taking care of covid patients, actually got covid herself during the early stages of the virus hitting and passed it on to her hubby as well. Shes looking into getting some sort of waiver but still feel bad the way all our nurses are being treated after all they have been through the past couple years.

My wife's OB recommended getting the shot after the 1st trimester is over, so hopefully she's only a couple weeks away
My daughter in law was told to wait until the third trimester before getting the shot. The doctors wanted the baby more developed. Baby girl came two weeks ago and is doing fine.

Grandma and I came out to where they live in California to help them out for two weeks. It is great but I forget what was like (last night) trying to get a baby back to sleep for 54 minutes after her mom fed her and went back to bed at 4:00 am. Grandma and I do tag team pretty good.

JTS good luck with your daughter and Psumacw good luck with the wife. These are different times.

a was

looks like the media’s campaign to dismiss the vaccine’s effectiveness has also been pretty effective.

Interesting article. Members of the 2 major parties typically go to different sources for their bias confirming propaganda news, so I think that probably explains the differences in their risk estimation.

The main point being both groups were embarrassingly off with their estimates.... I wonder why?

Fly-by

Ivermectin for Prevention and Treatment of COVID-19 Infection: A Systematic Review, Meta-analysis, and Trial Sequential Analysis to Inform Clinical Guidelines - PubMed

Fly-by

Ivermectin for Prevention and Treatment of COVID-19 Infection: A Systematic Review, Meta-analysis, and Trial Sequential Analysis to Inform Clinical Guidelines - PubMed

It appears you are getting more desperate, granted this guy is a doctor, your source now is a Blogger?

He critcizes cherry picking then does the very same thing, compelling.

I am willing to move on and wait another 6 months before more peer reviewed papers are released on invermectin.

I remain interested in your thoughts regarding natural immunity. My take, is those who have had the virus and test positive for anti bodies need not get the vaccine and should have the freedom of choice not to.

What say you?

PS - for the record I am fully vaccinated, but by personal choice, not edict.

Reactions: Thenightking
I agree as well.

As far as mandates go, I would support waiving vaccine mandates for anyone who could prove a recent (not sure what exact time window) covid-19 infection with official test results.

Unfortunately, the natural immunity thing is a bit of a red herring/pointless topic. The people who say “what about natural immunity” when discussing the vaccine are the same people who would never want to show prove of so called natural immunity.

How has this stupidity gone on for 30 pages. Is that what we have become just a bunch of talking heads so opinionated we feel the need to let the world know we have one lmfao. At this point let it go forget about covid it's almost wrestling season you haven't changed one mind or opinion by anything anyone said. Big waste of time

How has this stupidity gone on for 30 pages. Is that what we have become just a bunch of talking heads so opinionated we feel the need to let the world know we have one lmfao. At this point let it go forget about covid it's almost wrestling season you haven't changed one mind or opinion by anything anyone said. Big waste of time
Uh… If we want a clean house, should we be complaining that there’s trash in the trash can? Maybe just be happy there is a trash can? :) #dontgetgreedy

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Cali_Nittany
SCENE 1: Child watches as parents scream and holler because they were turned away from a business for not wearing masks.
CHILD: It is THEIR business and they require us to wear masks
PARENTS: You don't understand.....they are taking away our freedoms!
CHILD: We can order online or by phone and they will bring it to our car...what is the big deal?
PARENTS: You don't get it. We want to go inside and Not be forced to wear masks. They can't take away our freedoms! They can NOT mandate what we have to do! NOBODY has the right to mandate what we do!
SCENE 2: Parents have just spent 2 hours talking with neighbors in their kitchen
CHILD: What were you talking about for 2 hours?
Parents: We were talking with Jim and Sally.....they are the head of our Home Owners Association.
CHILD: What's that?
PARENTS: The Home Owners Association tells us what colors we can paint our house, shutters and garage....what kind of grass we can plant....how high and what kind/colors of fence we can put up......when we can and can't put our garbage outside.....how many cars we can have outside, how high our grass is allowed to be and what cars, mowers etc. we can work on in our driveway.
CHILD: As I get older.....will I become as stupid as you?
End Scene

giphy.gif

SCENE 1: Child watches as parents scream and holler because they were turned away from a business for not wearing masks.
CHILD: It is THEIR business and they require us to wear masks
PARENTS: You don't understand.....they are taking away our freedoms!
CHILD: We can order online or by phone and they will bring it to our car...what is the big deal?
PARENTS: You don't get it. We want to go inside and Not be forced to wear masks. They can't take away our freedoms! They can NOT mandate what we have to do! NOBODY has the right to mandate what we do!
SCENE 2: Parents have just spent 2 hours talking with neighbors in their kitchen
CHILD: What were you talking about for 2 hours?
Parents: We were talking with Jim and Sally.....they are the head of our Home Owners Association.
CHILD: What's that?
PARENTS: The Home Owners Association tells us what colors we can paint our house, shutters and garage....what kind of grass we can plant....how high and what kind/colors of fence we can put up......when we can and can't put our garbage outside.....how many cars we can have outside, how high our grass is allowed to be and what cars, mowers etc. we can work on in our driveway.
CHILD: As I get older.....will I become as stupid as you?
End Scene
I guess if you don’t like the fence or the colors you could pick a place you do...freedom it’s a lovely thing

I guess if you don’t like the fence or the colors you could pick a place you do...freedom it’s a lovely thing
Absolutely true. Thought I made that crystal clear with: "We can order online or by phone and they will bring it to our car...what is the big deal?" The point is people do have freedom of choice....even the business owners and employers. The child understands that.

Absolutely true. Thought I made that crystal clear with: "We can order online or by phone and they will bring it to our car...what is the big deal?" The point is people do have freedom of choice....even the business owners and employers. The child understands that.
Sorry.. I'm just a dumb shit that's not getting stuck. Love my choice and freedom and my body! Hope you have a great day

Reactions: 86PSUPaul
Sorry.. I'm just a dumb shit that's not getting stuck. Love my choice and freedom and my body! Hope you have a great day
No....you have your freedom of choice. I am 100% in favor of that. That said.....if you try to force your way into my business and ignore my freedom to choose what is best for my families' health and my business customers.....then I have a problem. As long as you respect my freedoms ....you are fine with me.

No....you have your freedom of choice. I am 100% in favor of that. That said.....if you try to force your way into my business and ignore my freedom to choose what is best for my families' health and my business customers.....then I have a problem. As long as you respect my freedoms ....you are fine with me.
How I'm I forcing anything on you?

Anyone who is pro vaccine passports and mandates should at least be open to the science that supports natural immunity and the idea of natural antibody/prior infection passports. To force those in this category to get a vaccine is tyrany.

Yet another study just published...

I like fermions better than bosons. Half odd integer spin, Baby! Get outta here with that non-exclusionary boson stuff. Now you guys know how I feel.

Anyone who is pro vaccine passports and mandates should at least be open to the science that supports natural immunity and the idea of natural antibody/prior infection passports. To force those in this category to get a vaccine is tyrany.

Yet another study just published...

You in favor of adding a “natural immunity passport”?

Please don’t shoot me, as I haven’t read this thread, and I come in peace. I have a question and thought this was the best place for it

Will masks be required for matches at Rec Hall and/or BJC? TIA

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT